Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOUND: 901 Gear Sets "J" 3rd and "T" 5th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
cmice
Wondering where folks are getting 901 gearsets now-a-days?

I'm looking for a "J" 3rd and a "T" 5th for hobby racing, and am hoping to not have to mortgage my house for them. wink.gif

Any pointers?

Chris
Dr Evil
Those will not be cheap. Not at all. If you can find them privately it will be cheaper, but the chances are slim. Carquip will have them, start there for a price comparison.
Krieger
What are the going rates if a person had those?
Dr Evil
All over the place. No way I can tell you. The only constant is the retail places. Private sellers range from freakishly inexpensive-OMG, to out of their mind.
cmice
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 24 2013, 07:31 AM) *

All over the place. No way I can tell you. The only constant is the retail places. Private sellers range from freakishly inexpensive-OMG, to out of their mind.

I've got a pile of Hewland gearsets, and pairs there are in the $275/pair range regardless of ratio - gearset hoarding doesn't seem to be as prevalent there.

I've heard about converting a 901 to Hewland internals, but never any details. Is this do-able? Or, what about adapting Hewland gearsets to the 901 shafts?

Btw. Dr. Evil - your DVD is great!

Chris
Matt Romanowski
I'm pretty sure the Mark 9 would bolt up to a Porsche motor. Would be easier than converting the guts. The Brumos 914s are reported to have a Mark 9 in them, but I've never checked myself. Talked to people who have driven them though and they definitely have dog ring boxes in them.
cmice
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Oct 24 2013, 08:21 AM) *

I'm pretty sure the Mark 9 would bolt up to a Porsche motor. Would be easier than converting the guts. The Brumos 914s are reported to have a Mark 9 in them, but I've never checked myself. Talked to people who have driven them though and they definitely have dog ring boxes in them.

Yeah - Mk9's are not cheap, comparatively speaking. And the shift mechanism is on the other side, and that would complicate things.

Anyway, thanks to a fellow forum member, I'm all set!!

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.