Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tropical Ramble II, The Official Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
VRROOMM1
what time will you return to the shop on sat? im leaving my work in Sanford at 2:00 for the shop
euro911
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Nov 14 2013, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(chads74 @ Nov 14 2013, 09:31 AM) *

Because most of the people that work there are idiots and can't tell you anything that the computer doesn't spit out about your car. Just my experiences though.

agree.gif and I can say that because I used to work there in college. Occasionally you do find people who know what they're doing though.

Actually I think it was a thread on here where someone said that our alternators couldn't be bench-tested at a local FLAPS. But I'm not sure now.
I took a couple to an Autozone a few years ago and they said they couldn't test them because they didn't have the correct connector confused24.gif

I took them to an auto-electric shop that rebuilds alternators. They used some common test leads with alligator clips on the ends. One was bad and the other was OK. I let them keep the bad one just for testing them for me.
JoeSharp
Smoked Chicken Tacos
bcheney
Cant make it tonight but we will be there first thing in the morning! The tacos sound real good...have a blast! How many folks are we expecting tomorrow?
ellisor3
I will see you guys on your way to Daytona in the am. Leaving at 9:14, so I should see you about 9:30. w00t.gif
tumamilhem
ellisor3, I'm next to you in Jacksonville! smile.gif
bcheney
Just talked to Kenny and we are meeting at Panera Bread on Sandlake Road and Dr. Phillips Blvd in Orlando tomorrow morning at 7:15 and will be driving up in tandem from there! Can't wait for tomorrow!!
chads74
Just getting on the road.
ellisor3
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Nov 14 2013, 04:27 PM) *

ellisor3, I'm next to you in Jacksonville! smile.gif

Sorry, just saw your post. Hope you make it down.
bcheney
Lunch on the Atlantic in Flagler Beach...Snack Jacks was great!

bcheney
Lunch on the Atlantic in Flagler Beach...Snack Jacks was great!
bcheney
bcheney
bcheney
Bills914-4
I just want to say, Thank You to Joe O'Brien & Joe Sharp & All the Wonderful
People that were there, I had a Great time , Thanks again Bill D. beerchug.gif ,

also thank you to those that voted for me (my car) & those that didn't smile.gif ,
ThePaintedMan
agree.gif If it wasn't obvious, I had an awesome time! I know a lot of people were bummed out about the rain, but I really enjoyed us all being in the shop together sharing ideas and just getting a chance to talk.

Joe and Joe were great hosts as usual and very gracious. The scales were a great idea Sharp! At some point I'd love to come back and you can teach me a little about corner balancing.

I was personally grateful for Bill donating yet MORE parts and glad I finally had something you could use Bill! It was fun working on other peoples' cars too - nice to know I've finally learned enough to be helpful to others.

Hopefully we'll see some of each other soon at the Rolex 24?
VRROOMM1
joe and joe thanks it was fun and I had a great time meeting you all looking forward to next year thanks doug h
chads74
Even though I am a quiet guy I still had an awesome time. Thanks to Joe and Joe for having a great place for us to hang out!
chads74
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xoNIZVvw_o...be_gdata_player

Sounds like crap cause my windows were down and my hand was rubbing against the mic I guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.