Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tropical Ramble II, The Official Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Series9
Alright guys. Don't hate me for being busy.

Tropical Ramble II is on for November 14-17.

Time to sign in. New lower price this year: $90 each, $45 for +1s.

You get an embroidered shirt, lots of hot dogs, lots of beer and a banquet dinner at a fine DeLand establishment!

There will be on-site camping and plenty of parking lot for drinking. Daytona Historics, boating and grilling in Ponce Inlet with Mr. Joe Sharp on the grill, beach restaurants and beautiful views.

Please check in. Don't worry about TC, I'll go get him myself. He'll be here. laugh.gif
Series9
So what's going on?

Here's the itinerary for the event:

Thursday evening: Parking lot drinking

Friday: 9:14am Depart for Daytona Speedway for a little HSR fun, 1:30pm Depart the speedway for the boat ramp and an afternoon at Ponce Inlet. (Beer and Dogs provided). Return to Series 9 for parking lot drinking.

Saturday: 9:14am Depart for the scenic drive out to Flagler Beach for Lunch. Return to Series 9 for clean-up, Show-n-Shine and voting for awards. 7:00pm Dinner in downtown DeLand (provided), followed by parking lot drinking.

Sunday: 9:14am Breakfast in DeLand. Noon Back out on the boat for anyone who can stick around.
Series9
Hotels. When you reserve, ask for the skydiver discount.

Clarion Hotel (FLB59)
350 East International Speedwa Blvd. , Deland, FL, US, 32724
Phone: (386) 738-5200Fax: (386) 943-9091

Comfort Inn (FL132)
400 E Intl. Speedway Blvd., De Land, FL, US, 32724
Phone: (386) 736-3100Fax: (386) 740-0570
ThePaintedMan
piratenanner.gif

In! Will send money soon.
JoeSharp
There it is you guys. Check in and I'll keep track here and make sure it stays on the top of the board.

Update: I will have The Team NARP trailer in the overflow parking lot if anyone would like to use it for camping out instead of renting a hotel room. If this makes a it easyer for someone to be able it to make the event, please do.

These people said there are coming.
You guys correct me if I get your names wrong please.

Series 9 (Joe O'Brien)
Joe Sharp (Joe Sharp)
The Painted Man (George Niell)
d914 (Greg)
rick 914-8 (Rick and Sandy Ollah)
chads74 (Chad)
bcheney (Brian and Leslie Cheney)
WLD914 (Bill DeWitt)
KENNY
FourBlades (John and Verena Faure)
ellison 3 (James Ellisor)

Event itinerary:

Thursday evening: Meet and Greet:
Beer and Sharp's Smoked Chicken Tacos in the parking lot.

Friday: 9:14 am Depart for Daytona Speedway HSR fun. 1:30 pm Depart for the boat ramp for an afternoon at Ponce Inlet (Beer and Hot Dogs provided). Return to Series 9 for parking lot drinking.

Saturday: 9:14 am Depart for a scenic drive to Flagler Beach for lunch. Return to Series 9 for clean-up for The Show and Shine and Voting the awards. 7:00 pm Dinner in DeLand (provided), followed by parking lot drinking.

Sunday: 9:14 am Breakfast in DeLand. Noon back out on the boats for anyone that can stick around.
JoeSharp
Thanks George.
d914
I'm in.. still not driving a 914 but I got pics to prove I own one!!
JoeSharp
Hey Greg, you don't have to own one to come, so just show up in your driver and it will be fine. I'm adding you to the list.
chads74
I'll be there but can't arrive until late friday night.
rick 918-S
If we come it will be last minute and mostly depends on the weather. Getting out of here in November can be a challenge but at least we have a car with heat now. Watch for the unveiling of 7 of 9 alien_2.gif
JoeSharp
Got you covered Chad. We will be easy to find. Someone will be up late partying. I'm adding you to the list
JoeSharp
Thanks Rick, hope to see you here so we can add another state to our list.
bcheney
I am in with my wife Leslie. May bring two cars...6 conversion and Leslie's daily driver 89 911 Targa...we'll see...I may recruit some others smile.gif Looking forward to the fun!

Brian
JoeSharp
Very Kool Brian, looking forward to meeting you and your wife. Your on the list now.
Bills914-4
Joe & Joe , you can count me in, let me know who to paypal the money to , Bill D.
( WLD419 ) smile.gif
KENNY
Count me in
FourBlades

My wife Verena and I are in!

Driving the rockin 914!

John
JoeSharp
Thanks you guys for singing up. Kenny, as member number 243 I should know you and John Faure you are on the list also and it will be nice to finally meet you also.
VRROOMM1
I have to work sat till 5 I mite show up late sat just to hang out
JoeSharp
QUOTE(VRROOMM1 @ Oct 9 2013, 06:20 AM) *

Just come on by I'm sure there will be plenty of people to talk to. Mt Dora, thats only about an hour right?
VRROOMM1
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 9 2013, 11:45 AM) *

Just come on by I sure there will be plenty of people to talk. Mt Dora, thats only about an hour right?
yes give or take a few
JoeSharp
QUOTE(VRROOMM1 @ Oct 9 2013, 08:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 9 2013, 11:45 AM) *

Just come on by I sure there will be plenty of people to talk. Mt Dora, thats only about an hour right?
yes give or take a few

Kool, we might be out to dinner at that time but I'll make sure that there is cold beer and Cazadores when I meet you. If you are early enough to make dinner you can find out here where are at.
ellisor3
I'm In! I'm In!
Series9
Hi Guys. Just so you know, I'm right here.....

Mail entry fees to:

Series 9
1403 Flightline Blvd, Unit 10
DeLand, FL 32724

smile.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(d914 @ Oct 8 2013, 09:17 AM) *

The Okteenerfest crew will vouch for you aktion035.gif

driving.gif
JoeSharp
Thank you James. You are now on the list.
KENNY
How will you like payment . True mail or do you have and other way
JoeSharp
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 9 2013, 10:41 AM) *

QUOTE(d914 @ Oct 8 2013, 09:17 AM) *

The Okteenerfest crew will vouch for you aktion035.gif

driving.gif

Thanks Steve, we usually give a trophy for the best None NARP. I have won that award with a motor home and a VW Bug. So we feel that what ever you drive bring it because being here is the most important thing.
d914
05 gto
87 corvette conv ,,, slightly cracked!

Depending on weather, the vette leaks !
JoeSharp
QUOTE(KENNY @ Oct 9 2013, 12:00 PM) *

How will you like payment . True mail or do you have and other way

Snail mail, Kenny...
Series9
bye1.gif
JoeSharp
driving.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
URY914
aktion035.gif
JoeSharp
icon_bump.gif up to the top with you.
JoeSharp
Now I have to get ready of my LOOOONG drive to this event.
JoeSharp
icon_bump.gif
Mblizzard
Ugh.... I have been thinking about this event but my wife is having foot survey on the 13th. May not be a wise choice to go for me. But Joe let me know if I can help in anyway.
JoeSharp
Sorry Mike, I don't about Joe but I'd say that you would be better off hanging out at home and being under foot.
JoeSharp
giving us the daily icon_bump.gif
tumamilhem
Hoping to have my Creamsicle sorted out by then so I can make it! Joe we met at Byron's swap meet here in Jacksonville. If I get my LE running proper I'll be there!
ThePaintedMan
Not heard from Jon, no1uno yet. Hope he and his wife can make it again along with Greg and Bob. Then I think that covers everyone who was there last year!

Except for Nelson and Sean of course. But now that Nelson has his toy back home, I don't blame him for staying close to base smile.gif
ThePaintedMan
Anyone have two doors they want to sell that weekend? Year, condition aren't all that important. biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Oct 16 2013, 11:01 AM) *

Hoping to have my Creamsicle sorted out by then so I can make it! Joe we met at Byron's swap meet here in Jacksonville. If I get my LE running proper I'll be there!

It would be nice to have your LE here but it is more important the you come in whatever car that will get you here. Or if your car is really close to finish, trailer her and lets get'er done. Besides, we have more knowlage and parts here than you have at home. I will be happy to donate any parts that I have that you need.
tumamilhem
Hey Joe that's really nice of you! I do need a few parts but I am hoping to have them all sorted out, installed and running so I can drive it with confidence. I haven't taken it out of town yet, so I'm a bit uneasy. Especially with the whole not starting when the engine gets hot issue. But I'm hoping that'll be resolved beforehand.

Even though my mechanic fashioned something to fix it, I may need a new plenum/throttle body. I need a new axle too (either my wheel bearings or axle is going bad. Will find out this week). Other than that, I just need a couple cosmetic parts for the time being - a new driver side seat upholstery and a new LE spoiler (or identical replacement molded from the original) and windshield trim.

Eventually I will need new side decals as I will have to paint the car all over again. It was redone in only a single base paint, not a few coats of color and a few coats of clear. Also, I found a lot of rust underneath the doors, which I was not aware of. And there is now bubbling by the front driving lenses so I will have to eventually strip the car to bare metal and have it repainted properly, which isn't something I ever expected to have to do.

Hopefully, after the repairs I am going to have done before the meet, (if I have any money left), I do want to get those steel braided fuel lines. Not sure how much that will be or how long to install (which will depend if I can do it then or another weekend. I'd rather ride and enjoy that weekend than have the car in the shop then).
JoeSharp
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Oct 19 2013, 08:41 AM) *

Hey Joe that's really nice of you! I do need a few parts but I am hoping to have them all sorted out, installed and running so I can drive it with confidence. I haven't taken it out of town yet, so I'm a bit uneasy. Especially with the whole not starting when the engine gets hot issue. But I'm hoping that'll be resolved beforehand.

I regret to say this but I don't have any of the parts you will be looking for here. I have some axels and the small pieces for the windshield trim back in Huntington Beach. I'm still not finished moving as of yet. Your 75 is a nice 914 and I wish you luck with the sale, but if you don't get it sold you should drive it down here just to visit the shop here. Joe is currently working on the restorations of a Porsche 930 and a 914. He has done 3 914's that will be at the Ramble. Very high quality work. You see them on the Car Of The Month here on this board all of the time.
Series 9 (386)256-9146
Give Joe a call and come visit us.
Series9
A quick reminder to get your registration fees paid by November 1st. That will be the embroidered shirt/Tshirt deadline.

smile.gif
tumamilhem
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 20 2013, 02:00 AM) *

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Oct 19 2013, 08:41 AM) *

I regret to say this but I don't have any of the parts you will be looking for here. I have some axels and the small pieces for the windshield trim back in Huntington Beach. I'm still not finished moving as of yet. Your 75 is a nice 914 and I wish you luck with the sale, but if you don't get it sold you should drive it down here just to visit the shop here. Joe is currently working on the restorations of a Porsche 930 and a 914. He has done 3 914's that will be at the Ramble. Very high quality work. You see them on the Car Of The Month here on this board all of the time.
Series 9 (386)256-9146
Give Joe a call and come visit us.

Very nice! I will check it out!

Yeah, my 75 is a nice, solid car. Very solid. Rebuilt 2.2 engine and fuel injection, nice interior, etc. I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet.

JoeSharp
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Oct 20 2013, 02:48 PM) *

Very nice! I will check it out!

Yeah, my 75 is a nice, solid car. Very solid. Rebuilt 2.2 engine and fuel injection, nice interior, etc. I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet.

Thanks Tommy
JoeSharp
I just want to say this one more time as I have been told that some of you guys think you need to come in your 914. This is very far from the truth. If you have any interest in the 914 at all you should come to any 914 event. You are sure to be inspired by the people that come to the events with and without 914s. They are by far a much more interesting and diverse group of people than you will meet at any Porsche Club event.
JoeSharp
This car will not be in attendance.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.