Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do Our Suby Conversions Bother Others Here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Type 47
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 15 2013, 04:15 PM) *

Anyone who installs a Japanese engine in a German car will burn in hell forever. Or at the very least, develop an annoying rash in an inaccessible place. poke.gif stirthepot.gif

Bummer, I thought Subie was Swedish or something....I don't have an issue with making the 914 modern, more powerful, and continue to make a 40 year old car contemporary.

That said...I do have a little reserve with the mix...German engineering and Japanese are very different...this make no difference to the Subie conversion though, just the thought of standard German 13/15/17mm bolts being mixed with the light weight 12/14mm bolts on Asian cars.

bottom line...do what ever, but don't put a fart can muffler on it!!!!
Montreal914
Personally I don't care much for this type of conversion. I think an air cooled 911 engine should be a natural replacement.

Nevertheless, you car is a 914, therefore you should share and discuss these projects here.

I don't see a problem, people even discuss about Z-28 and brag about their modified Boxster blink.gif .

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.