Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opps, i did it again...taking more things apart :)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Yep, my simple broken exhaust stud from last year has now turned from just replacing the heads to a full on overhaul/rebuild.....

I reached the point of no return when I cracked open the case tonight....

Things on my To Do list now;

Balance rotating assembly,
lighten flywheel and pressure plate,
install HD oil pump and pressure relief springs,
intall ARP thru-case studs and ARP head studs,
install "Turbo" grind cam and new lifters.....
(higher lift cam)
Brad Roberts
Should'nt you be polishing a turd this evening for the Show and Shine tomorrow ??

B
Mueller
I washed the car and that's it....I don't do the "show car thing"

Now that I think of it, i still have "cone" marks on the side of the car from last weeks auto-x MDB2.gif ...oh well smile.gif
Lawrence
Mike,

I'm going to drop the engine out of the /6 this summer to fix some oil leaks and clean everything up. I'm worried that I'll develop Dirk Wright's Disease, and end up with a pile of engine parts (and no engine).

For what it will cost to do a comprehensive rebuild, I could pick up another engine. Since I really don't want to upgrade brakes, etc... a 3.0 or larger is probably out.

Choices, choices... smile.gif

-Rusty
need4speed
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 25 2003, 05:34 AM)
.... fix some oil leaks .....

If you do that, it will no longer be a Porsche. . . rolleyes.gif
Brad Roberts
A 3.0 is fine with stock brakes.. just step up to a more agrressive brake pad.

B
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 25 2003, 05:34 AM)
Mike,

I'm going to drop the engine out of the /6 this summer to fix some oil leaks and clean everything up. I'm worried that I'll develop Dirk Wright's Disease, and end up with a pile of engine parts (and no engine).

For what it will cost to do a comprehensive rebuild, I could pick up another engine. Since I really don't want to upgrade brakes, etc... a 3.0 or larger is probably out.

Choices, choices... smile.gif

-Rusty

Build up a big four banger....I hear those 914s also came with them..... blink.gif
Lawrence
914s came with 4-cylinder engines?

Whoa... were they "real Porsches"?

mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.