Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmilzoff
Any suggestions where I can get the paste on numbers for DE? I ruined my sail panel last time because the white shoe polish didn't come off completely.
Joe Bob
The local sign places sell magnetic covers that you can put #s on.....they will fall off on speeds over 50-60 mph unless you use tape on the leading edge.

Or you can decide on a number.....and then get a whole bunch of vinyl numbers and stick them on for the race and then remove them....any residue comes off with acetone....
VegasRacer
I recently needed some graphics done. (A banner)
Had always used a local quick print place before.
Did some comparison shopping on eBay and the Internet.
I went with Megagraphics in Houston, TX. jlmoritz@swbell.net
Great service. Fast delivery. Best quality. Highly recommended.
50% cheaper than anything I could find local. Check 'em out.
Zeke
Here's another: http://www.edecals.com/raceg/index.htm
Joe Bob
The guy that makes my Carrera graphics made me up 20 sets of numbers....set me up with "070, 071 and 072"......I've had them a year and still have some left...of course I don't race as much now due to AYSO (all Sunday/Saturday(s) are occupied) soccer, the grage project, the 356 project....
seanery
Kennedy Fabrication did mine, they are reusable and say PORSCHE in the right font under the #'s. Pretty cool.
dmilzoff
That sounds really cool. Can't find Kennedy Fabrication. Do you have a web site or tel no?
seanery
hmmm....I'll report back...
Got his info when I was on the 356Talk list...I'll see if I can find it.

Zois is on that list, maybe he can get the info if I can't.
seanery
I can't get to the vendor page for the 356 Registry. I let my membership expire when I sold my car.

Zois,

Can you find the info for Kennedy Fab? He's on the 356 Reg talk list.
Joe Bob
Not a member, sorry....I won't join a group that will stoop to have me....
seanery
are you still on the talk list?
Joe Bob
I lurk....
seanery
I think the guy's name is George Kennedy.
Can you ask him to email me regarding the die cut numbers he did a couple years ago?

seanery@msn.com

Thanks!
Chris914n6
I've still got all my equipment from my sign shop years and a bunch of leftover vinyl.
Send me a vector file in CorelDraw (.cdr) or Illustraitor (.ai), color choices, if you want it on magnetic sheet, and what your willing to pay for it. In other words... don't make me think huh.gif
Keep the largest number under 11.5"x15" and postage will be $1.00. Magnetic sheet for 2 doors costs me approx. $20. I have the PORSCHE font. Can also do drop shadows or outlines, but understand it takes twice the time. Be prepared to attach your font if it is something unique.

Contact me directly at chris@914resources.com beerchug.gif

Chris
75 914n6 driving.gif
Gint
Chris,

Is that your 914 in your avatar? Can you post pics in the Members 914 Pictures thread?

Thanks! Looks like a nice car. It also looks like the rear fenders are flared. I'd love to see pics!
Part Pricer
That is Chris' Nissan-powered 914.

IPB Image
Gint
Wait a minute! Is this the same Chris that my wife Sharon, Rich and Joy Herzog pimped water into during the West Coast Wramble last year?
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Gint @ May 27 2003, 05:36 AM)
Wait a minute! Is this the same Chris that my wife Sharon, Rich and Joy Herzog pimped water into during the West Coast Wramble last year?

Yep, that's me wavey.gif

The flares are just the "bat rolling method" after the "pull the fenders over really wide tires and lower the car method" didn't produce enough results. I'll see if I can get decent pics.

Wow, I forgot how old that pic is already... Don's FunRun and still a 4 banger. The bumper grilles are lightless black pieces now.

Question- curious how loud my car was compared to the typical 4 cyl 914?
Jeroen
Chris,

Great looking car!
Can you tell us what size the Boxster wheels are and what size of spacers were needed to mount them?

cheers,

Jeroen
Chris914n6
The wheels are stock Boxster. 16" x 6" & 7" with 205/55 and 225/50 tires. Current spacers are the common cast aluminum 5/16" drilled for 130mm bolt pattern.
When I get more funds for the car I want to use the machined 1/2" spacers and longer studs. This will fill in the front wheel well better and allow more camber in the rear.

Chris
Chris914n6
Other pic...
Jeroen
Thanks for the pics and info
Looks great!

cheers,

Jeroen
Malmz
You can't put a Nissan motor in a 914! oh, nevermind...

You ever post picts of the conversion anywhere?

sm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.