Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size fuel hose?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
My 1974 2.0L has SS fuel lines all the way back through the tunnel.

I have a leaking fuel line where it connects to the SS pieces going through the engine shelf.

I was able to remove the leaking hose (has a crack near the end) and of course is a good idea to replace them anyways.

What size is the hose supposed to be? Inner diameter? I thought it was 8mm but I am just unable to get that hose on there.

Any tips for getting fuel hoses back on to SS lines?
SLITS
SS is going to be 3/8" (9.5mm).

They used to be paired as 3/8"(9.5mm) supply and 5/16"(7.9mm) return.

If they are the same size, they are probably 5/16".

TheCabinetmaker
If it's 5/16 hard line, then 8mm should fit with a little lube and a bit of force
boxsterfan
Ended up being a 9.5MM (3/8"). No leaks now. Phew!!!
Cap'n Krusty
If it is 3/8, then you'll need the Porsche supplied adapter hose to step it down to 7.5mm at the fuel rail if you have FI. Clamping 3/8 hose down to 8mm is commonly known as a "fire starter" in the trade.

The Cap'n
JawjaPorsche
Double post, sorry! smile.gif
JawjaPorsche
Tangerine Racing has adapters

http://www.tangerineracing.com/stainlessfuellines.htm
boxsterfan
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Oct 20 2013, 06:07 AM) *

I ended up using the 3/8" fuel hose with two (2) hose clamps on each end. On the end coming out of the firewall (9.5mm SS tube is my guess), the 3/8" fuel hose fit well and was clamped with two hose clamps.

On the end that meets the SS tube going up through the engine bay (8mm SS tube from what I read here), I attached the 3/8" fuel hose but utilized two (2) smaller hose clamps that just barely fit around the 3/8" hose and was able to clamp it down tight. The first time I tried with the same size clamps as I utilized at the firewall connection and I got leakage everywhere (ala fire starter).

As of now, it sounds like I should get the 9.5mm to 8mm step-down tube as it comes out of the firewall/tunnel?

The fun never ends...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.