Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Checking Potential Intrest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ben*james
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Oct 25 2013, 04:25 AM) *

Just as a note for everyone, the plastic used for these parts (PLA) comes from renewable plant resources not from petroleum. So you get a little green with your levers regardless of the color you pick.

Dang,...I had no idea. Supporting the environmental movement and getting my 914 on at the same time. I think I'll go buy a Prius next happy11.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(ben*james @ Oct 25 2013, 07:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Oct 25 2013, 04:25 AM) *

Just as a note for everyone, the plastic used for these parts (PLA) comes from renewable plant resources not from petroleum. So you get a little green with your levers regardless of the color you pick.

Dang,...I had no idea. Supporting the environmental movement and getting my 914 on at the same time. I think I'll go buy a Prius next happy11.gif

That's a little much even for the sake of the environment! Even as an environmentalist I find it hard to pick a Prius over global warming! I will find another way to reduce my carbon foot print before doing that!
CptTripps
3d printers rule...

...that is all.
warrenoliver
piratenanner.gif I'm in for 1 set - black please.

Hope I am not too late.

warrenoliver
Mblizzard
QUOTE(warrenoliver @ Oct 25 2013, 08:27 AM) *

Hope I am not too late.

warrenoliver

It's never too late! I will PM you the info.
Mblizzard
Shipping a batch! Hope they meet your expectations.

Click to view attachment
worn
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Oct 25 2013, 09:10 AM) *

QUOTE(warrenoliver @ Oct 25 2013, 08:27 AM) *

Hope I am not too late.

warrenoliver

It's never too late! I will PM you the info.

I made some from bicycle axle lever skewers and I thought I was so clever. Wow. Hi Warren
Mblizzard
There were a few people that had ask about slotting the deck lid hinge so I thought I would post a picture of hoe that looks. I just used a dremel with an abrasive cut off wheel. Sorry about the picture quality.

Before

Click to view attachment

After

Click to view attachment

After doing this with the levers installing the deck lid is a snap.

Also as a side note, I did some destructive testing on the lever. I way over tighten it and closed it. Seemed to do ok but after several removals, the inner pin finally failed. So remember that there is no need to superman these. But we will keep a supply of new pins handy and just let us know if you have any problems
Mblizzard
Hopefully everyone has received their order o it is one the way. I know the order from Australia is on the way. For those of you that ordered black we are still waiting on our shipment of feed stock. Sorry for the delay and we will print these as soon as we get the material in.

If we have messed up your order or you have not received it please let me know.
nein14
flag.gif

Mike
Resent the Paypal last week have not gotten them yet
Mblizzard
QUOTE(nein14 @ Nov 1 2013, 03:11 AM) *

flag.gif

Mike

I will follow up and let you know.
ThePaintedMan
Got mine yesterday Mike! Thank you! pray.gif
Chris H.
Got mine...thanks Mike.

Probably install it next weekend in my build thread...looks so easy I think even I can do it blink.gif !

Anyone doing a conversion should like this setup. We remove the engine lids and never want to put them back on because they are a PITA to reinstall...yet we hate tripping over them.
worn
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Oct 27 2013, 12:31 PM) *

There were a few people that had ask about slotting the deck lid hinge so I thought I would post a picture of hoe that looks. I just used a dremel with an abrasive cut off wheel. Sorry about the picture quality.

An alternative is to do the slotting, leave the bolts loose and just close the hood. Did that all season - not really intentionally - with no problems. I have no plans to tighten the bolts. You just have to make sure they are positioned before you shut the hood so you don't chip paint. Once it is closed it is a three point lock.
Markl
Great idea, put me down for 2 sets in black if you can, thanks
jim_hoyland
Got mine today, thanks Mike ! smile.gif Gonna install tomorrow
Mike Bellis
I got mine but I don't have a car right now... sad.gif

Someone post a pic of these installed.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Nov 2 2013, 06:25 AM) *

I got mine but I don't have a car right now... sad.gif

Someone post a pic of these installed.

Post #39 in this thread has pictures of them installed.
jim_hoyland
Started the install and had to use the shorter screws, not problem. What are the 4 black washers for ?
lonewolfe
So you don't have to use shorter screws! Sorry, I couldn't resist!

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 2 2013, 11:57 AM) *

Started the install and had to use the shorter screws, not problem. What are the 4 black washers for ?
Mblizzard
All the colors available!

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Nov 5 2013, 06:20 AM) *

All the colors available!

My Black ones arrived yesterday - thanks!
wes
Looks good, I'll take 2 black, thanks
Love-3d
QUOTE(nein14 @ Nov 1 2013, 06:11 AM) *

:flag1:

Mike

Shipped 11/01/2013
USPS Tracking number 9400 1096 9993 8913 5802 58
Love-3d
I wanted to follow up and say thank you to everyone who has ordered these levers They seem to be a hit.

For those who have not ordered but would like to, Please order via the web site Home.Love-3d.net . I've begun using this site to make ordering easier. It still uses payPal but the PayPal link on my web site allows you to purchase using credit cards as well as paypal. In order to cover the cost of PayPal business payment and shipping, I've raised the cost per pair to $23.00 USD.
PanelBilly
And I placed an order just a few hours ago!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.