Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accusump Temp
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jetsetsurfshop
I'm installing an Accusump in my track car and want to put it behind the passengers seat. I still need the seat for DE and want to know if i'm going to cook the instructor?
Any thoughts?
Randal
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Oct 20 2013, 09:24 AM) *

I'm installing an Accusump in my track car and want to put it behind the passengers seat. I still need the seat for DE and want to know if i'm going to cook the instructor?
Any thoughts?

I run the big unit and it pretty much follows the temperature of oil, given that the unit is aluminum. Although it takes a while to get hot, unless the unit is pushing oil out and recovering hot oil, like in cornering.

For DE's, if you put it behind the passenger seat think you will definitely create a "hot foot" situation.

The unit fits nicely in the trunk

Click to view attachment

Mike Bellis
If it is working correctly, charging and discharging oil... It should get as hot as the oil...
Jetsetsurfshop
Thanks guys. Seen them in the cab before, but there was no passenger seat.
ThePaintedMan
Hey Shane,
I'm not sure if this matters to you, but that would make the car no longer road-legal, at least in Florida. Can't have engine fluids entering the driver compartment. I'm not sure what tech implications there are either - I think PCA would be cool with it though.
r_towle
I would not want hot oil from either the lines or the pump in the passenger compartment....
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Oct 20 2013, 02:24 PM) *

Hey Shane,
I'm not sure if this matters to you, but that would make the car no longer road-legal, at least in Florida. Can't have engine fluids entering the driver compartment. I'm not sure what tech implications there are either - I think PCA would be cool with it though.

George,
Didn't know that about Florida. I never liked the idea of it being in the cab with me anyways. Just wanted to use the space behind the seat. It fit so nicely. It's trunk bound now.
Thanks,
Shane
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 20 2013, 02:31 PM) *

I would not want hot oil from either the lines or the pump in the passenger compartment....

agree.gif
It just fit there so nice.
r_towle
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Oct 20 2013, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 20 2013, 02:31 PM) *

agree.gif
It just fit there so nice.

Fits fine in the rear trunk also...roof still fits.
SLITS
We ran one along side the tunnel, passenger side, in SCCA for 15 years. Never had a problem. It was placed there so the driver could access the shutoff valve.

Actually, it was a hydraulic accumulator from the wing of a Boeing 707/727 (don't remember) rated at 3000 psig.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.