Carrillo con. rods
Mahle pist./cyls. 10.3:1 CR
counter balanced crank

The motor needs:
carbs.
exhaust
ignition (Electromotive)
alternator/fan

The engine last ran 1 1/2 years ago with no problems.
Approx. horsepower 220-240 at the flywheel.
The motor was built by Franz Blam in Atlanta.

$5500 or obo

Click to view attachment
brant
How many hours on it?
sixnotfour
35hrs....
barefoot
QUOTE(JDHursh @ Oct 21 2013, 01:25 PM) *

2.5 liter race motor with 35 hours

specs:
7R mag. case (shuffle pinned)
twin plug
crankfire ignition
Carrillo con. rods
Mahle pist./cyls. 10.3:1 CR
counter balanced crank

The motor needs:
carbs.
exhaust
ignition (Electromotive)
alternator/fan

The engine last ran 1 1/2 years ago with no problems.
Approx. horsepower 220-240 at the flywheel.
The motor was built by Franz Blam in Atlanta.

$5500 or obo

Click to view attachment

Is what' pictured all that's included, no fan/alternator or engine tin ??
jpnovak
I have a few questions...

What cams? Dyno curves to show torque distribution? What is the redline run? What is the normal shift point? Trying to determine how much wear at 36 hours.

I assume this is 66x90mm.

Case work? Timeserts or Casesavers? Oil bypass mod done? Was the case line bored or shaved and resized?

Port sizes? What were original heads? MFI ports?
JDHursh
QUOTE(jpnovak @ Oct 21 2013, 09:22 PM) *

What cams? Dyno curves to show torque distribution? What is the redline run? What is the normal shift point? Trying to determine how much wear at 36 hours.

Case work? Timeserts or Casesavers? Oil bypass mod done? Was the case line bored or shaved and resized?

The short honest answer is that I don't know. I am checking...I will post when I have the answer from the mechanic who did the work.

Everything in the photo and description is what is included and what the engine needs; including engine tin.
sixnotfour
Talk to eric shea about good used race engines...Franz Blam is one of the Best. Time and maintenance is the wild card..
JDHursh
QUOTE(brant @ Oct 21 2013, 01:57 PM) *

How many hours on it?

35 hours
JDHursh
QUOTE(jpnovak @ Oct 21 2013, 09:22 PM) *

I can't speak to the cam or dyno...but I do know that it ran well and at 35 hours needs a refresh.

No MFI ports. Normally when shuffle pinned it is bored, but I can't confirm that. The ports are 39 tapered to 35mm.

All I can tell you is it's a good engine, Blum built and well maintained. I've not opened it up myself. And, being a 7R it's worth what I'm asking. I hope that helps.

I would keep it, but I'm running a different car now and don't need an engine of this type (or the chassis I'm selling as well).

JDHursh
The engine and chassis are now sold...package deal. Thanks everyone for your questions, interest and comments. Have a great day!
carr914
piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.