Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please ban this supplier! Sebring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
lostreasure
I purchased what was suppose to be a nice rear bumper that had a little ding as they described-After 4 weeks and 6 calls i finally received it- It was total garbage that should have been thrown in the scrap- They took my money and never credited me back after it was sent back. I made a dispute and they claim it was sent- ok now i have to open up another dispute with credit card. This is a nice club site and we should not tolerate part suppliers that act in this way!
914itis
confused24.gif popcorn[1].gif
CptTripps
I'm hoping I'm not in the same boat...waiting for my struts to arrive now.

Perhaps I ought to just open a dispute and retract it if they (ever) arrive.
SirAndy
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Oct 22 2013, 11:28 AM) *
I purchased what was suppose to be a nice rear bumper that had a little ding as they described-After 4 weeks and 6 calls i finally received it- It was total garbage that should have been thrown in the scrap- They took my money and never credited me back after it was sent back. I made a dispute and they claim it was sent- ok now i have to open up another dispute with credit card. This is a nice club site and we should not tolerate part suppliers that act in this way!

This guy?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=15592

idea.gif
914itis
I must admit, I have one of his banged up rear valence that is also trash to me.

I think he's already banned at the bird site.
lostreasure
yes Sebring66 Let him sell his crap on ebay and pay for a listing- at least others can leave some neg. feedback- I am out 325 no big deal but don't want others to get screwed!
carr914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 22 2013, 02:51 PM) *

This guy?

idea.gif

Yes, he was Banned from Pelican for the same Shit!
Chris H.
And...buh bye. bye1.gif oops jumped the gun...I'm sure it's coming though...

Yeah looks like a call to the credit card company is in order. They will take it right off.
Mblizzard
There can be a problem occasionally with any of us that complete transactions. But when the negative transactions seem to be the norm rather than the exception, then there is a problem. Problems like this individual need to go somewhere else.
CptTripps
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 22 2013, 02:51 PM) *

Yes. That's him....

Here's my saga....if anyone cares to read it...

I should have kept pressing on the refund...I'll get my money back though.

==========================================================================
8/23/2013
To: CptTripps
Hello

We have a Boge strut 3.5 spacing. Here is a photo and price.

Thank you
Josh@carreraparts

8/23/2013
To: sebring66
Only one?

I'd really like a pair.

8/23/2013
Hello

I just spoke with my boss and he said we do have the other side at our other warehouse please let me know if you'd be interested

Thank You
Josh@carreraparts

8/23/2013
So $500 for the pair? Shipped to 44114?

8/23/2013
Yes $500 shipped to 44114. As for payment we only accept credit card. if you wish to proceed please call me at 626 765 7073

Thank you
Josh@carreraparts

8/23/2013
I'm about to get on a plane, but I'll take them. I can call in the morning and pay. No problems. I may need some rotors, so we can discuss then.

-Doug Hardman
216-650-6073

8/23/2013
Hello
No problem, we have a set of rotors in good shape we can sell you as well for $50 for the set.

Thank you
Josh@carreraparts

8/30/2013
Did these ship yet?

8/30/2013
Hello Doug,

I apologize for the delay we still have not picked up the other strut but we should have it by this friday and we will send it out then as fridays are our normal shipping days.

Thank you
Josh@carreraparts

9/1/2013
Please let me know. I was hoping to have them this week. I want to get everything cleaned up and ready to install on the car next weekend.

-Doug

9/4/2013
Doug,

We will get them out to you by next weekend. I will send you a tracking #once they go out.

Thank you
Josh@carreraparts

9/6/2013
Did these ship?

I may have found a few locally if you can't make it work. Please just let me know.

-Doug

9/9/2013
Hello Doug,

I apologize for the late reply, we have your struts, they will go out by the end of the week. We appreciate your business and cooperation.

Thank you
Josh@carreraparts

9/9/2013
That's what you said on the 26th and 4th. I told you I needed them by this weekend. I won't have time to work on the car again until the end of October.

I was originally expecting these (at your direction) to ship on Friday the 30th.

9/9/2013
Doug,

We understand and will get it to you before this weekend.

Thank you
Josh@carreraparts

9/15/2013
Can you please just refund my money. I really needed them by today. I don't see a tracking number so I'm assuming you didn't ship yet. This has been three weeks now. I'm out of town and will have my mechanic work on something else instead.

-Doug

9/16/2013
Hello Doug,

I apologize for not meeting the dead line, we will send you a full refund in the form of a cashier check.

Thanks again,
Josh@carreraparts

9/15/2013
Just refund the credit card transaction.

I don't want to wait another 3 weeks for the money to come to me.

-Doug

9/16/2013
Doug,

No problem, we will credit your card back, Again we apologize for the inconvenience

Thank you
Josh@carreraparts

9/20/2013
Still waiting...

9/30/2013
Hello Doug,

We have located a set of green bilstiens with the 3.5 spacing. Will will ship them out to you asap.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Josh@carreraparts

9/30/2013
Great. Do they have decent shock inserts?

-Doug

9/30/2013
Doug,

Yes they do have good inserts as well.

Thank you
Josh@carreraparts

9/30/2013
Great. Please let me know the tracking number when you have it.

-Doug

9/30/2013
Doug,

No problem, Ill send it as soon as it goes out.

Thank you,
Josh@carreraparts

10/4/2013
5 days later...still no email /tracking/struts. I'm at the end of my patience with this.

10/4/2013
Doug,

We not this has been a time consuming process but the other strut still has not arrived. We are doing everything we can to get you what you need. As soon as the other strut arrives it will go out same day.

Thank you
Josh@carreraparts

10/4/2013
Sorry, but I'll believe it when I see it. This has been a disaster.

Your boss asked me to say something if I needed anything. I am looking for a set of rear 914 trailing arms. Please see if you can throw those in for the trouble.

-Doug

10/7/2013
Doug,

Our apologies and yes we will throw in a set of rear trailing arms for a 914.

Thank you
Josh@carreraparts

10/10/2013
Am I to assume this hasn't shipped yet?

================================================================================

10/15/2013
Doug,

We have the product boxed, and ready to be shipped. We are awaiting our shipping company to come make the pick up, they are confirmed to pick up by Friday.

We apologize, and appreciate your patience.

Thanks so much.

Fritz@carreraparts
================================================================================
dfelz
Jessus!!! Cpt, that sounds like an awful experience. Very sorry you had to go through that, i would have lost it!
TC.356
"I purchased what was suppose to be a nice rear bumper that had a little ding as they described . . . "

I have a chromed rear bumper that needs work but isn't garbage, you can have it for shipping if you like? I can take some pics for you and you can decide.

If it's going to be painted, then it might already be perfect for repairs and paint.

Just let me know, OK?

Sorry that you got hit by a scammer ! ! ! !

TC
Mblizzard
Doug,

OK so I read the entire thread. If i read it correctly there is a clear pattern of misinformation. That is the only thing that is consistent. Unless I got it wrong, it seems like every promise was next week or friday. So from 8-24 until 10-22 they have had your money and you don't have your parts? It is my opinion that a person that will conduct business in that manner is nothing short of a cheat and a crook.

It takes a lot of balls to offer something to make up for your failure and then still fail to ship. The lack of ethics on their part is astounding and they have no place on this forum. They have no honor, no integrity, no honesty, and they show a complete lack of respect for their customers. Is that what we want here?

If we can't get them off this forum, I would hope others will help me in posting this type of information in each and ever post they make. We might be able to save others the BS that you had to deal with.
ThePaintedMan
agree.gif

Consensus is that they should be gone. So far all they have done is bump up their over-priced ads for useless stuff and have already sheeplove.gif a few members. Let's not let it get out of hand, especially since many new members don't know any better.

A few of us asked them to speak up on one of their listings and explain what the heck is going on... no response. Why waste anyone else's time or money?
bulitt
Doug- I gotta ad that I bought a set of struts, hubs, calipers, rotors...the whole deal off a guy on the bird board parting a 911, all for 300$ And personally IMHO that's probably the going rate unless they are powder coated. So this is perturbing.

Eric posted this in 2008-
It has come to our attention that we have price gougers sending PM's to people here placing WTB ads.

If you're a price gouger... we ask this practice stop. Please post your offer in the open where others can weigh in.

If you're a buyer; Caveat Emptor - If you are placing a WTB ad, be aware there are various "Resellers" who are scouring our classifieds trying to sell you stuff. Caveat emptor = Buyer Beware. If you get a PM be "very" cautious about pricing. Do your homework. We're not saying these people are "bad, crooked, evil or dishonest". It has simply been brought to our attention that some are attempting to price gouge our members.

Buyers - If you do receive one of these emails; you may want to post the prices in your thread for further verification to the validity or reasonableness.

Gang - Fair Trade is just that... "Fair". If you're haunting our classifieds just to make a buck off our members; fine. Do it at a fair price. Make no mistake, we feel this is a valuable service to our members. HOWEVER, if you're price gouging our members; we'll work together to call you out.

LOOKS like this guys has been called out!
Luke M
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 22 2013, 11:51 AM) *

This guy?

idea.gif

Hey Andy,

These guys are scam artists . I guess I was lucky to get my parts in but it took a while. Take a look at the link attached for more info.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=222284
mepstein
It's about time everyone realized this about the "seller". Many on this board are too quick to jump at FS parts from a lurker. Not everyone is perfect but at least when I sell a part, you know who I am and that I will always guarantee satisfaction or your money back
SLITS
I sent Erc a PM about a week ago asking him to ban the seller ... no word from Erc.

This "entity" has screwed a bunch of people on Pelican - 917Longtail

Sebring66 here

maybe some other names elsewhere.
7TPorsh
Personally I don't trust anyone/entity selling online that does not accept Paypal as at least one of their payment options. It covers the Buyer. Period

Anything else is suspect.
carr914
The only down side about this is, when you Post on a Seller's Ad about their Incorrect description & Insane Prices, you get threatened with a Ban!

Admins, get youir Heads out of your Ass's
PCA7GGR
I too had a "almost" bad experience with Sebring66.

I posted a WTB for an early stock steering wheel requesting pics, p/n (since their is a significant difference between early and late stock steering wheels) and price.

Josh responded with pics of three steering wheels and a price range but did not provide p/n nor price for each. When I advised him that they looked to be late steering wheels, he responded that that's what they had.

A less knowledgeable 914er could have easily bought one of these steering wheels and when (if) they got it, they would not have bought what they were looking for and, if they returned it, may have either waited a long time for a refund or many not have gotten a refund at all.
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 22 2013, 03:51 PM) *
The only down side about this is, when you Post on a Seller's Ad about their Incorrect description & Insane Prices, you get threatened with a Ban!

You are welcome!
w00t.gif
carr914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 22 2013, 07:00 PM) *

You are welcome!
w00t.gif

I half ass Joke, But I don't like being threatened with a Ban over a Post to some AssHat with ZERO Posts!
euro911
I've bit my tongue numerous times regarding the poor quality and the over-the-top pricing of the products in their classified ads.

I think we've seen enough 'negative feedback' posts by now to call this one done.
NORD

Why would you buy from someone with NO post on this site???

I only deal with people that contribute to our group not just dump parts.

There are alot of parts available for these cars and no one has to pay top dollar in a hurry just to get things. my 2 cents. Hang Him!
PCA7GGR
Just got this timely PM on the 914Club website from, guess who.....

I came across your address on 914 Club, and wanted to extend an offer to check out our site. We have an over excess of inventory, and would like to get rid of some for a good price.

Let us know if you're looking for anything in particular, because I'm sure we have it.

Thanks,
Fritz@carreraparts
https://www.sites.google.com/site/carreraparts/
(626)765-7073
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 22 2013, 04:09 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 22 2013, 07:00 PM) *

You are welcome!
w00t.gif

I half ass Joke, But I don't like being threatened with a Ban over a Post to some AssHat with ZERO Posts!

piratenanner.gif it's always been buyer beware- same as in LIFE.
carr914
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Oct 22 2013, 08:43 PM) *

I came across your address on 914 Club, and wanted to extend an offer to check out our site. We have an over excess of inventory, and would like to get rid of some for a good price.

Let us know if you're looking for anything in particular, because I'm sure we have it.

Thanks,
Fritz@carreraparts
(626)765-7073

WTF.gif
mepstein

Thanks,
Fritz@carreraparts
(626)765-7073

I got it to. I didn't understand all the purchases made to Sebring for overpriced parts. There are already a couple well know vendors that can supply parts as needed and are people you can trust. Bruce stone is one and there are many others. Don't buy from a lurker until they have earned some trust.
mepstein

Thanks,
Fritz@carreraparts
(626)765-7073

I got it to. I didn't understand all the purchases made to Sebring for overpriced parts. There are already a couple well know vendors that can supply parts as needed and are people you can trust. Bruce stone is one and there are many others. Don't buy from a lurker until they have earned some trust.
ThePaintedMan
I've got Friday before the wedding off. Let the annoying phone calls begin!! happy11.gif
tweet
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 22 2013, 06:38 PM) *

Personally I don't trust anyone/entity selling online that does not accept Paypal as at least one of their payment options. It covers the Buyer. Period

When someone doesn't take paypal, that should be a warning sign. Many times, it's not that they don't take paypal. it's that they can't take paypal. Paypal has shut down many accounts in the past because of issues where people are ripped off repeatedly; they don't want the extra headaches either.
McMark

Least helpful thing posted here! Congrat! beerchug.gif
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 22 2013, 07:17 PM) *

Thanks,
Fritz@carreraparts
(626)765-7073

Agreed met Bruce Stone on the forum and the guy brought me a bumper from a gathering up north. really a stand up guy.
carr914
QUOTE(tweet @ Oct 22 2013, 11:52 PM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 22 2013, 06:38 PM) *

When someone doesn't take paypal, that should be a warning sign. Many times, it's not that they don't take paypal. it's that they can't take paypal. Paypal has shut down many accounts in the past because of issues where people are ripped off repeatedly; they don't want the extra headaches either.

There are some people that don't like to take PayPal because of the Fees Involved! I know I've shut down my PayPal before, but re-opened it as there are no other "real" options for Internet Transactions. When you think about an eBay Transaction, it Costs the Seller 10% between Listing Fees, Final Evaluation (Sales) Fees, and the PayPal (Owned by eBay) Fees!
carr914
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 23 2013, 12:10 AM) *

Least helpful thing posted here! Congrat! beerchug.gif

Mark, here we are Bitching about a Seller, while I made a Comment directly on an Ad about Stated Condition from a Seller with ZERO Posts and got threatened with a Ban. I just don't see the difference when I was trying to alert Members about an item. I won't do it again, but if you look at this situation, if a Member had made a Comment on Sebring66's Ads, it might have saved some Members from being stuck without their Parts or Money.

BTW, I've alerted an Admin about the other Seller and a New Ad that I think is Bogus and it is still up, so Buyer Beware! sheeplove.gif
Gint
You were not threatened with a ban. Quit being being a drama queen. I simply posted a copy and paste of the 'no comment on others ads' rule and asked you to follow it.
carr914
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 23 2013, 07:55 AM) *

You were not threatened with a ban. Quit being being a drama queen. I simply posted a copy and paste of the 'no comment on others ads' rule and asked you to follow it.

You were the one who Threatened me with the Ban & then Deleted the Post, so don't call me the Drama Queen when you can't remember Shit!
Gint
l did not threaten to ban you. In no way shape or form.

I posted this:

If every time I disagreed with a word in a seller's description of a part I'd never leave the keyboard. Please observe this pinned rule Eric posted in the cars and rollers section:

Do not comment on people's ads unless you are interested in purchasing the item or vehicle and you are requesting further information from the seller.

If you have personal issues with a seller, keep them as such... personal.

If you think the ad is misleading, contact the seller and an Admin via private message.

Any further abuse or violations of the site rules (name calling) will get you banned.

I suppose you see that last sentence as threat to ban you. So be it. However it is a general rule and as such directed at the community. You could have sent the seller a PM as well, but you decided it was a better idea to alienate him in his ad instead.
76-914
So, did you ban this guy yet? If not, please do so ASAP. And, I for one am very appreciative that some people are proactive when it comes to dealing with scum.
rhodyguy
my $.02

1. out $325 and no big deal? dry.gif WTF.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif i think you're being WAAAAY too nice.

2. RE a non-retail business seller without a paypal account. perhaps the seller doesn't want a pp account tied to their checking/savings or doesn't care to open a separate account just for periodic part transactions. like me. my accountant asked that i NOT tie pp to private accounts.

pretty simple...if the transaction is dependent on pp, on to the next buyer with no foul.

3. if a person/entity is going to sell items they had better damn well be ready to ship the next biz day after receipt of funds and provide a tracking # the same day the item ships.

4. lots-o-problems with the mentioned seller are surfacing now. people are sitting on the f-overs. thats a bad on them. if the seller isn't ready to make a sale that goes south right, and the buyer whole, it's bad biz practices.

5. more transparity. who are we dealing with? longtail917?, sebring66?, and now Carrera parts with a banner ad? who green lighted that? is there some sort of vetting process?

6. study ads. use the search feature to look for past like item sales. if the price is absurdly high, why bother with it at all? blink.gif post 'want to buy' ads. more likely than not a number of us have the same items and will be happy to sell them to you. i'm willing to bet cheaper and in better condition too. why a pictured heap of over priced junky parts even interests people is beyond me.

flame on...

k

edit. i now note all of the ads have disappeared. i guess enough has been enough. good work... shades.gif
Milsha12
I'm going to stick up for the low post count people for a second. Please don't stereotype and lump us in with Sebring66 and other scammers! I have a lot of respect for those who share all of their knowledge in the garage, paddock, classics, etc., but please consider that contributors in the classifieds, who don't get it added to their post count, could be good members, too.

It looks like I have one post on this site, and as some implied, that would make it seem like I have made very little contribution to the community.

However, I spend many hours helping people with parts for their 914's and charging prices that are not worth those hours. When I see WTB ads, I point people to FS ads I have seen here and elsewhere to help them find their parts. When I tell people outside of this forum how much time I spend vs. how much money I am bringing in, they think I am nuts. IMO, that is a worthy contribution to the community here, but it doesn't show up in the post count.

Also, there is no feedback function here like on eBay. I have NEVER received a negative response from a buyer, but nobody can tell that from my post count. Please don't take that number as a measure of a member's contributions here or as their rating as a seller.
Gint
QUOTE(Milsha12 @ Oct 23 2013, 09:50 AM) *

I'm going to stick up for the low post count people for a second. Please don't stereotype and lump us in with Sebring66 and other scammers! I have a lot of respect for those who share all of their knowledge in the garage, paddock, classics, etc., but please consider that contributors in the classifieds, who don't get it added to their post count, could be good members, too.

It looks like I have one post on this site, and as some implied, that would make it seem like I have made very little contribution to the community.

However, I spend many hours helping people with parts for their 914's and charging prices that are not worth those hours. When I see WTB ads, I point people to FS ads I have seen here and elsewhere to help them find their parts. When I tell people outside of this forum how much time I spend vs. how much money I am bringing in, they think I am nuts. IMO, that is a worthy contribution to the community here, but it doesn't show up in the post count.

Also, there is no feedback function here like on eBay. I have NEVER received a negative response from a buyer, but nobody can tell that from my post count. Please don't take that number as a measure of a member's contributions here or as their rating as a seller.

agree.gif
Many are reasonable people just trying to sell their 914 stuff and aren't regular posters. And that in turn benefits those of us that do contribute in other areas of the site (or not). So they are contributors after all. idea.gif Alienating them from the get go is not part of a community I want to belong to.
CptTripps
I just got an email that my stuff shipped. I have a tracking number, so we'll see what happens when it shows up.
Trekkor
I will never open a PayPal acct.

I have made literally tens of $1000's of dollars in classified sales over the last ten years.
Always personal check.

I had one problem with a lost package and refunded the buyer and took the loss ( $500 ).

Just be a stand up seller!
Communicate.

KT
Black22
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 23 2013, 06:49 AM) *
And, I for one am very appreciative that some people are proactive when it comes to dealing with scum.

Kent is serious on this point...he even had me shipped out of Cali to Oregon!!!! av-943.gif

On the Paypal front...they can kiss my rebel di@k!!! I used to swear by Paypal, but after they screwed me out of $100 in favor of a fraudulent seller, I haven't used them since. My case was closed because they said they couldn't track my return shipment to China...WITH A TRACKING NUMBER!!!! So here I'm out $100 plus another $35 for return postage, no merchandise and they close my case as if I did something wrong. So please don't hold it against someone for not using Paypal. In my case they offered NO protection for the buyer. Never again!

Rant over. bootyshake.gif to Paypal and bootyshake.gif to Sebring66!
CptTripps
Well...I got a tracking number yesterday, and my order does appear to be headed to Cleveland.

I'll keep everyone posted to see if this was worth the wait.
JRust
I've bought & sold plenty here. I use paypal a lot. It's easy & the fee's aren't a big problem. I have also taken plenty of checks. I don't really care how I get paid when I sell something. I've shipped plenty without receiving the payment until later. I have yet to get screwed payment wise by anyone on this site. I've had maybe 2 problems over the years where I refunded someone. This site is great & 95% of the people here are cool. Your always going to find the 5% that are pricks wherever you go. Just don't let them ruin your experience in the world as a whole. The 95% here are kick ass & fun to be around beerchug.gif
tweet
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 24 2013, 02:44 PM) *

I've bought & sold plenty here. I use paypal a lot. It's easy & the fee's aren't a big problem. I have also taken plenty of checks. I don't really care how I get paid when I sell something. I've shipped plenty without receiving the payment until later. I have yet to get screwed payment wise by anyone on this site. I've had maybe 2 problems over the years where I refunded someone. This site is great & 95% of the people here are cool. Your always going to find the 5% that are pricks wherever you go. Just don't let them ruin your experience in the world as a whole. The 95% here are kick ass & fun to be around beerchug.gif

agree.gif Most people are responsible sellers and buyers.
carr914
jrust, watch how you word things as I believe dANnY said the same thing! dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.