Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please ban this supplier! Sebring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
wingnut86
Wow,

You step away from the board for a few months & the Schlitz hits the fan...

Been screwed 2 - another hunting party need planning?

Hmmm, looks like "DanNees" low sperm count got into the utter sellers Mamaw;-}
mrholland2
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 24 2013, 11:44 AM) *

I've bought & sold plenty here. I use paypal a lot. It's easy & the fee's aren't a big problem. I have also taken plenty of checks. I don't really care how I get paid when I sell something. I've shipped plenty without receiving the payment until later. I have yet to get screwed payment wise by anyone on this site. I've had maybe 2 problems over the years where I refunded someone. This site is great & 95% of the people here are cool. Your always going to find the 5% that are pricks wherever you go. Just don't let them ruin your experience in the world as a whole. The 95% here are kick ass & fun to be around beerchug.gif

JRust is awesome smile.gif
Jgilliam914
Is Sebring 66 same as Longtail 917 on Pelican? Same M O Same general Area
carr914
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Oct 25 2013, 06:39 PM) *

Is Sebring 66 same as Longtail 917 on Pelican? Same M O Same general Area

Don't know the whole story, but I think so. There are a couple guys selling Jim Torres's parts with very bad results. I've met Jim and this doesn't seem to fit his MO, but I don't know what is going on behind the Curtain.
tweet
He's back

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=223333

Don't know the whole story, but I think so. There are a couple guys selling Jim Torres's parts with very bad results. I've met Jim and this doesn't seem to fit his MO, but I don't know what is going on behind the Curtain.
[/quote].

"The reason why it does not fit Jim's MO is, these are not his parts.
To my knowledge, Jim has stored a few of his cars at this Long Beach site. I've met the owner of this site and have grown up with Jim - they are not one of the same. These used parts are from Ottos Porsche Repair when he passed. This tread has turned into a Motor Meister posting. ". In the end, you have a new person calling out another new poster. Oh ok flame on. wacko.gif
Rothbard
icon_bump.gif
76-914
icon_bump.gif
Steve
I went to the airplane hanger in Long Beach where Otto's rusted stash is being held several months ago. I sorted through all the junk for an hour and bought a trasher 914 stock drivers seat. I can't believe how much stuff was there. I got a fair deal on the seat. This crap is 40 years old, so you can't be too picky. Maybe they got overwhelmed and over promised.
carr914
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 26 2013, 02:29 PM) *

Maybe they got overwhelmed and over promised.

That does not mean they can come here, ask Twice the Price for Parts and then Not deliver said parts after they've been Paid!
Rothbard
icon_bump.gif
bdstone914
Saw a post on Pelican that he has also been banned on the DDK in England.

Bruce
CptTripps
I need to dig up this thread for an update.

I received the struts that I'd purchased, and they are nicer than I expected. You read that right...nicer. I also got a set of trailing arms that he'd promised as a make-good for the trouble.

Scott called me on the phone to make sure I was happy, and to tell me that Josh had been sacked and he was interested in re-building his reputation.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Take it for what it's worth to you. I got more than I paid for, so I'm happy. The time it took to get everything sucked, but in the end, it worked out just fine.

Carry on...
euro911
Maybe Scott read the posts too confused24.gif

Good ending to your story cheer.gif
tweet
Let's hope they try to do right by the members in the future, and it's not a one time thing.
76-914
agree.gif Lot's of bridges to rebuild. Good news but that is just one bridge. I'm not sure the WPA could reconstruct their reputation lol-2.gif . Everyone deserves a second chance. Lets see what they do with it. shades.gif
Now I'm going to get real. If Josh were still involved I'd say he has had his second chance and many more. And so have you, Scott. WTF.gif You don't watch your business any closer than this but expect it will get better now that Josh is gone. Josh was a spoke in "your" wheel. That being said, you've had many chances also but failed to intervene until now. Again, WTF.gif . A leopard doesn't change it's spots and personally I don't think there will be any life changing alterations within your company as a result of firing Josh. I've been in business 30+ years and have dropped a small fortune keeping customers happy then I read about characters like Josh, and I say this with "tongue in cheek", indirectly you, and I go ballistic.
In closing I say, "We shall see, we shall see". Do yourself and this community a favor and prove me wrong.
rhodyguy
everybody gets a second chance. if the owner can find a seasoned hand that knows how to present and price items more main stream, doesn't piss people off and gets the orders out it's all good. has to get the current back orders/no ships squared away.
Rothbard
This post has been helpful to me as I've been buying a lot of parts from sellers on this site. I've gotten a lot of great deals! I've was tempted to buy something from sebring66 until I read this post when it first began.

While this unfortunate situation could happen to any seller, the thing that still bothers me is that if it were me selling, I would be following this post and replying to each of you with apologies and assurances that all would be made right. Yet not a peep from sebring66.

That's my $.02
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Rothbard @ Nov 7 2013, 08:21 AM) *

This post has been helpful to me as I've been buying a lot of parts from sellers on this site. I've gotten a lot of great deals! I've was tempted to buy something from sebring66 until I read this post when it first began.

While this unfortunate situation could happen to any seller, the thing that still bothers me is that if it were me selling, I would be following this post and replying to each of you with apologies and assurances that all would be made right. Yet not a peep from sebring66.

That's my $.02

Yup
Evil914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 6 2013, 09:34 AM) *

agree.gif Lot's of bridges to rebuild. Good news but that is just one bridge. I'm not sure the WPA could reconstruct their reputation lol-2.gif . Everyone deserves a second chance. Lets see what they do with it. shades.gif
Now I'm going to get real. If Josh were still involved I'd say he has had his second chance and many more. And so have you, Scott. WTF.gif You don't watch your business any closer than this but expect it will get better now that Josh is gone. Josh was a spoke in "your" wheel. That being said, you've had many chances also but failed to intervene until now. Again, WTF.gif . A leopard doesn't change it's spots and personally I don't think there will be any life changing alterations within your company as a result of firing Josh. I've been in business 30+ years and have dropped a small fortune keeping customers happy then I read about characters like Josh, and I say this with "tongue in cheek", indirectly you, and I go ballistic.
In closing I say, "We shall see, we shall see". Do yourself and this community a favor and prove me wrong.

Yeah,we gave "W" Bush a second chance and the US economy will never fully recover lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif We don't need this dudes overpriced junk.
mepstein
Screwed people on multiple forums, blew off valid complaints, changed his name at least 4X. He's gotten his 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance. Why should anyone send a known scammer more money for overpriced parts just to see if he's cleaned up his act?
tweet
Finally a comment from sebring66 on the 914Club forum. Here's the link:

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=378982
biosurfer1
That was almost 2 weeks ago and takes no responsibility AT ALL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.