Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TOT - looking for some legal knowledge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porcharu
My team and I plus some others were laid off a few weeks ago. I still have 45 days or so before I am gone but one of my co-workers is done Nov 7. I work for a VERY big company with >300,000 people in the US. Everyone at my small site (4 of us total) was laid off and the company will stop paying rent as soon as we are gone. This to me is a 'site closure' according to the WARN act and would at least provide my co-worker another 30 days of pay. However our HR person says no it's not a site closure - yet we are closing down the site and cleaning everything out before we go. Any ideas or thoughts supporting or not.
Thanks
Steve
Don't feel sorry for me losing my job - I have been waiting for this for a decade and glad it finally happened, it will force me to move on and do something more rewording. I'm already learning SolidWorks to expand my abilities and prospects.
Mike Bellis
Call the California Labor Dept. Ask them...
Porcharu
Great idea.
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 22 2013, 08:28 PM) *

Call the California Labor Dept. Ask them...

Mikey914
let the state make the determination. That's thier job. Board of labor will sort this out for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.