Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wtb: Matching #s 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
68911l
Looking for an all original 914/6.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(68911l @ Oct 29 2013, 10:31 PM) *

I know where there is one but you will need very deep pockets. PM me if interested.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
mettelman
Pricey, but probably one of the best available:
http://www.autoatlanta.com/carsales/porsche-listing.php?id=2
scotty b
QUOTE(68911l @ Oct 29 2013, 07:31 PM) *

What kind of condition ? I know of one in Richmond that may be for sale. Original engine is not with it, but the owner has a few 6's that you could choose from. Pretty solid car, but does needs a restoration. Has some less than perfect patch work on the floor, poor quality repaint etc.
Luke M
QUOTE(68911l @ Oct 29 2013, 08:31 PM) *

What kind of condition are you looking for ?
I have one but it needs a full restoration and then some.
I have the org. engine and trans for it.
The engine/car is missing several parts but they can be sourced.
Pm me if interested .
mepstein
You know a current trend is for car flippers to place a "want to buy" ad and have multiple car forums do their research. Not saying the poster of this ad is pulling this stunt but it's been done before.
68911l
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 3 2013, 09:02 AM) *

You know a current trend is for car flippers to place a "want to buy" ad and have multiple car forums do their research. Not saying the poster of this ad is pulling this stunt but it's been done before.

I already have a 914/6, just can't find the matching motor. Thinking about buying a sorted car, then selling mine.
mskala
QUOTE(68911l @ Nov 4 2013, 07:23 PM) *

I already have a 914/6, just can't find the matching motor. Thinking about buying a sorted car, then selling mine.

Before you do that, you can check through this thread to see if someone has your engine. 914-6 engine serial # thread
billh1963

How about posting a picture and some details on your current car? That will go a long way towards building credibility. There was a lurker a few months ago that took many people down the same path...hopefully, you are not that person (losttreasure)

In a rising market like this, lots of people are looking for a quick flip. I see that same thing on the Ferrari and other high end forums. I am always skeptical when someone out of the blue posts a WTB for the most desirable model.
6freak
QUOTE(68911l @ Oct 29 2013, 07:31 PM) *

so is everyone else ...better get off your wallet! and no one wants to see there pride and joy treated like some two bit tramp and flipped so good luck
68911l
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 4 2013, 05:14 PM) *

How about posting a picture and some details on your current car? That will go a long way towards building credibility. There was a lurker a few months ago that took many people down the same path...hopefully, you are not that person (losttreasure)

In a rising market like this, lots of people are looking for a quick flip. I see that same thing on the Ferrari and other high end forums. I am always skeptical when someone out of the blue posts a WTB for the most desirable model.

My 914/6 was originally metallic red, but was painted BMW Oxford Green by to PO. Story has it that it swapped engines with a yellow 914/6 in 1985 at a Porsche shop in San Jose. I'm not a car flipper, just a hoarder...
mettelman
Here is another. Also listed on eBay
http://vintageexcellence.com/1970_914-6_Canary_Yellow.php
6freak
strang LP on the 911 confused24.gif

smile.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(6freak @ Nov 8 2013, 01:58 PM) *

strang LP on the 911 confused24.gif

smile.gif

Not really. It's a Virginia antique tag
68911l
Found the original case for my car, so looks like I'll be restoring the car i already have. biggrin.gif
914itis
Congrats !
Chris H.
QUOTE(68911l @ Dec 23 2013, 07:07 PM) *

Found the original case for my car, so looks like I'll be restoring the car i already have. biggrin.gif

Great story! How did you find it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.