Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another transmission clinic planning thread. Nominations?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Dr Evil
First post updated with suggestions. Utah at Eric's sounds like a nice one. Any people around there? I need some attendees.

BTW, those of you wanting 930 and 915 conversions, I do these. The cost for me to do it rather than if we did it at a clinic (which will not happen) is negligible. Contact me and lets get your project done.
stephenaki
I vote for Richmond as well; Scotty's shop is about an hour from me and it would be a great time to tear into the side shifter I have to make sure it is ready for the conversion. piratenanner.gif
Dr Evil
Looks like the next CONUS clinic will be at Scotty's. The DC folks are having a time pulling together in the winter months, no idea why confused24.gif Scooters in Feb sounds doable....I will talk to Scott about his availability and see is Feb works. If not, then what month does. The Ozzys are dragging their feet currently, but I just sent them 6 copies of my DVD which ought to get them excited. They will potentially have to wait until after a clinic at Scott's.
scotty b
Feb would be fine....cold but fine.

Early-mid March is out.

Late March would work.
Dr Evil
What part of Feb? I can ask for any weekend and likely get it. April is a no go as my block of off days will be for Hershey smile.gif
scotty b
anything. I have nothing going on in Feb.
bulitt
I'm coming to the Richmond Clinic to spread (per Dr) my "Old, Right Wing Views"
blink.gif

Mr.242
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 31 2013, 11:19 AM) *

3 docs ago. if skinny african-american women did it for me i would have been the happiest guy on the planet. the cute young nurse looked as uncomfortable as i felt when the doc demanded the nurse be present and WATCHING when i got the digit. back to the thread.

Worst Chiropractor you've ever been too? Or was she a dentist? lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

+1 for PNW Need to do my father's transmission before next spring. We've got time to plan this one. If Mike isn't up to it, we can start trying to find another place.

I've bring the oysters. barf.gif
NORD

I'll bring the Pickeled Herring. and a box to rebuild. PNW
rhodyguy
just counted, 6 sides and 1 tail. wacko.gif
euro911
Speak up, So Cal peeps ...popcorn[1].gif
Woody
San Antonio? Who promised airplane rides? I could host but I don't have any airplanes. Have plenty of room for parking and wrenching. Didn't think the 914 contingent was that big down here.
euro911
Well, you know what they say about Texas...

Click to view attachment

poke.gif
Dr Evil
Pretty sure the Dallas peeps were promising me open cockpit airplane rides.
R8CERX
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 3 2013, 12:08 PM) *

Speak up, So Cal peeps ...popcorn[1].gif

I am for one! piratenanner.gif
Temecula, Murrieta, San Diego!!

COME ON SOUTHERN CALI FOLKS!!

Who is in?? cheer.gif
Rob-O
Yup it was Dallas for the plane ride!
yeahmag
I already voted for SoCal. I bet Leamon could be talked in to hosting it again. If not I have a few others I could ask.
Daiberl
PNW
Dr Evil
If it is SoCal, it will not be as south as San Diego County. More folks in LA and it is only 2hrs away.

I havent heard from Leamon in forever. Is he still active? There are plenty of offers for perfect places in LA/OC so no need to bug him if he wants to lay low.

Communicating with Eric Shea about a UT clinic. Who the hell lives up that way? I am all into it, but need numbers to make it worth while financially. I would go there just to hang with White-E and Brown-E, but to be gone from my wife and child for any extended period of time I need to show more reason than just to go have fun wink.gif
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Nov 3 2013, 07:55 PM) *

I already voted for SoCal. I bet Leamon could be talked in to hosting it again. If not I have a few others I could ask.

I know I keep asking about the 930 box, but I have a 914 box that I'd be rebuilding as well, so I'm in with a SoCal clinic regardless...
Dr Evil
OK, so it seems like a clinic at Scotty's is a go for Feb. I will start a thread.

FL, UT, SoCal, PNW, TX still to be planned.
Mr.242
Oysters!!!! March/April both good months for 'em.

R8CERX
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Nov 4 2013, 08:12 PM) *

For SoCal- I have no problem driving two hours or so--
So count me in
piratenanner.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Nov 4 2013, 11:12 PM) *

March maybe. April is a no go as Hershey is that month and I can not get the time off for both. If the Ozzys can not get me in March, you have first crack. Since you are a close friend, your schedule needs are a consideration wink.gif
yeahmag
I bump in to him from time to time. I bet I'll either see him at the G&R Flesh Roast or at one of the La Canada "Cars and Coffee" events on Saturday mornings. Want me to ask him?

-Aaron

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 3 2013, 10:25 PM) *

I havent heard from Leamon in forever. Is he still active? There are plenty of offers for perfect places in LA/OC so no need to bug him if he wants to lay low.

Jeffs9146
I am in if the date works out in socal!

I prefer closer to San Fernando Valley or Hollywood since I have to drive 5 1/2 hours!
Evil914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 3 2013, 03:21 PM) *

Click to view attachment

poke.gif

Texas ??? I thought Cali had most of the fruits,nuts and "trannys" biggrin.gif I'm in for any place from Dallas to San Antonio. I've got a small garage and four transaxles 40 miles west of Fort Worth. Mineral Wells airport has a runway long enough for Dr. Evils Lear Jet to land or if you prefer you can land your Bell at the base where all Heli Pilots killed in 'Nam were trained.The Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex has the best hotels,food and nightlife in Texass bar none.Best time to come is when we're havin' a BarBQ Cook-off competition.(Almost any Spring,Summer or Fall weekend somewhere in Texas,bring yur bib and paper towels) And yes, even though most of our fine state is so flat that when I hit cats with my 914 they fly fur a country mile,(it's a Texas term wacko.gif ) the Hill Country (One of the most scenic regions of Texass that runs south of Hwy 180 for 'bout 1 hundred miles)provides some twisties that will leave your tires smokin' and the Konis' leakin' oil. Should be plenty of people in DFW area interested in a appointment with the Doctor,you'd just have to get their attention somehow. pray.gif
914mikee100
I'm in for Utah at Eric's.
euro911
QUOTE(Evil914 @ Nov 5 2013, 04:02 AM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 3 2013, 03:21 PM) *

poke.gif
Texas ??? I thought Cali had most of the fruits,nuts and "trannys" biggrin.gif ...
We probably do, but thankfully, mostly of them live in hollywood or san francisco, not in the LA South Bay area shades.gif
mike914duck
Longbeach CA slightly North or south or Huntington Bch South CA.

I would be great to see here in the area.

Thanks Mike914Duck
oldschool
beerchug.gif L.A...... driving.gif if you must.
euro911
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Nov 4 2013, 11:11 PM) *

I prefer closer to San Fernando Valley or Hollywood since I have to drive 5 1/2 hours!
It's only 30 minutes further to my shop, Jeff idea.gif

If Leaman opts to host, that would be closer for you confused24.gif
1TRICK6
Count me in for Los Angeles/Orange County area.
euro911
'bout time you posted some more, Jim poke.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 6 2013, 12:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Nov 4 2013, 11:11 PM) *

It's only 30 minutes further to my shop, Jeff idea.gif

If Leaman opts to host, that would be closer for you confused24.gif

Where is your shop?
Dr Evil
OK, I just told the Australians that May would be best as they asked for March and the PNW folks want that. Plus, Scooter cant easily make it out that month.

Going to pencil in stuff in the first post.
Dr Evil
Hey, Dudes that wanted a VA clinic, post up in the thread for it. I was almost off the page and no posts. ????
KELTY360
I could host a PNW clinic. I can make a couple of bays available in the shop. I've got an extra bedroom and two bunks in the Westy available. There's also a motel about a quarter mile away.

injunmort
I would host another if there is any interest
Dr Evil
Hey Mort smile.gif bye1.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Nov 7 2013, 06:04 PM) *

I could host a PNW clinic. I can make a couple of bays available in the shop. I've got an extra bedroom and two bunks in the Westy available. There's also a motel about a quarter mile away.

Sorry, missed this post. I am cool with that. PM incoming
injunmort
hello mike , I see you are keeping busy,busy,busy.
Dr Evil
Trying to spread the love and pay off some debt smile.gif
injunmort
surely there are enough ne posers to do another I hope
colingreene
I know someone locally who would want to be a part of the clinic here.
Dr Evil
Oh? confused24.gif
Heeltoe914
How is everyone doing? I would be interested in hosting the event if another location cant be found. I really wont to learn to do a trans but as host you just cant do both to many needs being met as a host. I really enjoyed doing the last event but my hopes are to learn at one of the clinic. Lets see what develops. I'am not out just ???
Dr Evil
PLENTY of SoCal locations so you dont have to host, Leamon. Thanks for offering smile.gif
euro911
I didn't realize that 'hosting' and 'learning' at the same event wasn't doable sad.gif

I can either host or learn confused24.gif

Good to see you at the G&R, Leaman - Nice 'Beemer' wub.gif

Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 13 2013, 01:35 PM) *

I didn't realize that 'hosting' and 'learning' at the same event wasn't doable sad.gif

I can either host or learn confused24.gif

Good to see you at the G&R, Leaman - Nice 'Beemer' wub.gif

I did a rebuild and helped others while hosting also! poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.