Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another transmission clinic planning thread. Nominations?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Dr Evil
So, now that I am attempting to grow my biz and use the income to feed the family and pay exorbitant student loans ($300K), I have the green light from the war department to do more clinics and more often.

Currently in the works or planning to be set up are:

San Antonio - they promised me airplane rides
Florida - Joe O at Series9 said any time
SoCal - probably, no plans yet
PNW
Somewhere near DC - they keep nagging me smile.gif
Richmond VA - Scotty B's shop
St. Lois, MO/Springfield, MO
Utah - maybe we can do it at Eric's?

Australia is still in logistical planning mode, but will happen.

What I need, a person to host, enough people to go to make the trip worth while. If I can drive there, then the number of people need not be so huge as I dont have to cover airfare and shipping of heavy parts.

Nominate a location and sound off. Putting times that would be best is appreciated. I am booked through the end of the year, but plan to start doing these up right away.

Update 11/6:
Feb - Scooter Cooters in VA
March - PNW
April - Locked for Hershey, no clinic
May - Australia
Dr Evil
Oh ya, I still do 1:1 clinics at my home garage and a few have taken me up on this with wonderful results. Options are good smile.gif
euro911
I plan to keep my shop through the beginning of 2015 - Harbor City (LAX area) confused24.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 30 2013, 11:58 PM) *

Oh ya, I still do 1:1 clinics at my home garage and a few have taken me up on this with wonderful results. Options are good smile.gif

WOW, I just mapped it and you are less than an 8 hour drive from me. I may have to take you up on that. Is that a 1 or 2 day thing?

Clark
Dr Evil
1:1 is one day and the usual is 6hrs. It can be two if we plan it that way and you want to build another box.
ThePaintedMan
I know this is only nominations, but I'd like to second Series9 in Florida if Joe will have you. His shop is awesome, and I'm sure we could all pitch in to get you a skydive! aktion035.gif
carr914
Florida

The Doctor don't need no SkyDives! I think he jumped out of a few Helicopters!
tooms351
Winter break in Frorida! You can't go wrong, I know my box won't last for long,count me in!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Oct 31 2013, 09:18 AM) *

I know this is only nominations, but I'd like to second Series9 in Florida if Joe will have you. His shop is awesome, and I'm sure we could all pitch in to get you a skydive! aktion035.gif

Deal smile.gif

I need to see how close to Nana the shop is. Maybe I will drop in on her.

Winter sounds fine, but when is hurricane season? blink.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 31 2013, 09:22 AM) *

Florida

The Doctor don't need no SkyDives! I think he jumped out of a few Helicopters!

Nope, I stayed in the helo. I deposited and fished out the swimmer.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 31 2013, 01:50 AM) *

I plan to keep my shop through the beginning of 2015 - Harbor City (LAX area) confused24.gif

Completely doable. I know the 912 crowd will take advantage of this. They have been trying to get me down there.
PanelBilly
I'll pay to go to one if you get enough for a PNW clinic.

Just thinking. Why not do one near your house and invite the 911 crowd to fly in. Make it a weekend learning adventure and serve wine to their wives. Get a package from a local hotel. Have some clean granny's for them to work on so they don't even need to ship in their own.
Jeffs9146
Discovery Bay shades.gif
NORD

PNW

I need to do a box. agree.gif
moldygreg
Another vote for PNW! biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
2 for pnw. i'm in as paying participant next time. if mike isn't interested my 25' x 25' garage should work. centrally located (about 5 miles from mike's), extra bedroom, babies welcome, ample parking, a brace of trans in the shed, NOT in a development. unfortunately no snowmobiles. poke.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 31 2013, 11:29 AM) *

I'll pay to go to one if you get enough for a PNW clinic.

Just thinking. Why not do one near your house and invite the 911 crowd to fly in. Make it a weekend learning adventure and serve wine to their wives. Get a package from a local hotel. Have some clean granny's for them to work on so they don't even need to ship in their own.

1- My house is too small and in a development.
2- We will not be working on "grannys" ever blink.gif Weird and gross. Even if they are clean. barf.gif

Otherwise, great idea. smile.gif

PNW is looking doable.

Disco Bay is always a consideration, but I just popped that cherry. I need to wait for it to grow back.
yeahmag
Vote for SoCal
LotusJoe
I vote for Southern California. I would be happy to host at my shop in Orange County, next to John Wayne Airport. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
west coast swing. book enough jigs and you can give up prostate exams.
Dr Evil
I hardly do prostate exams. No need to do them unless you have a complaint that requires it. I guess your doc likes you. smile.gif
bcheney
I would love to participate in Florida. I live about 45 minutes from Series 9 and could make that trip easily.
rhodyguy
3 docs ago. if skinny african-american women did it for me i would have been the happiest guy on the planet. the cute young nurse looked as uncomfortable as i felt when the doc demanded the nurse be present and WATCHING when i got the digit. back to the thread.
flipb
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 31 2013, 12:58 AM) *

agree.gif

Sadly, I'm still not back on the road as the motor rebuild is dragging. But I did it in a daytrip from NoVA. The good doc was an excellent host and made sure my first hands-on tranny experience was as comfortable and painless as could be. blink.gif

euro911
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 31 2013, 11:19 AM) *
3 docs ago. if skinny african-american women did it for me i would have been the happiest guy on the planet. the cute young nurse looked as uncomfortable as i felt when the doc demanded the nurse be present and WATCHING when i got the digit. back to the thread.
Kevin, you really need to stop reading those romance novels slap.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 31 2013, 11:03 AM) *

QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Oct 31 2013, 09:18 AM) *

Deal smile.gif

I need to see how close to Nana the shop is. Maybe I will drop in on her.

Winter sounds fine, but when is hurricane season? blink.gif

Hurricane Season is Officially June 1 to December 1, but is effectively over in Mid October - No Storms this year at all! piratenanner.gif
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 31 2013, 10:38 AM) *

west coast swing. book enough jigs and you can give up prostate exams.

piratenanner.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 31 2013, 02:12 PM) *

I hardly do prostate exams. No need to do them unless you have a complaint that requires it. I guess your doc likes you. smile.gif

Underwriting requirement?
Tilly74
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but for what it's worth, i'm in Springfield, MO and can always host. Have large shop and barns. I don't have much money, but I can provide accommodations and lots of food. We do a lot of fish and deer frys.
no1uno
I'd be in for a FL trannyfest
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 31 2013, 08:24 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 31 2013, 01:50 AM) *

Completely doable. I know the 912 crowd will take advantage of this. They have been trying to get me down there.

Another SoCal request, OC even better...
930 guys too. popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
I can do 930/915, but I have no used parts. The issue lies in that I would need to pre-diagnose every 915/930, accurately, before getting there so that they could pre-purchase parts. I make next to nothing on new parts so it becomes economically unfeasable to do a 915/930 clinic for the same tuition. Core 915, and definitely 930 are prohibitively expensive, which is why I have no used part inventory. If I had a group of 915/930 guys willing to change out the usual wear items, give or sell me the old stuff that turned out to be useable, and buy the new parts from me so I could get and pass on a bulk discount, I would do a 915/930 clinic.
JawjaPorsche
Richmond VA - Scotty B's shop really appeals too me!
eyesright
Is there enough interest here in Oklahoma and a host? I could find a place to host but I live in Lawton, (between OKC and Witchita Falls, TX) if enough people would show up.

I could sure make it to Dallas if one could be organized there. I have several trannys available.
AfricanHijinx
Please come to PNW
Cupomeat
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Nov 1 2013, 10:09 AM) *

I second SCotty's shop.

I have a box to rebuild and need a location within 6 hrs. Florida is a bit too much of a drive.
I'd offer my house/garage in the NoVA area if that works for the east coast masses.
914forme
If your doing it around your place I would vote for the Hersey Import weekend, I could go to the show, swing by your place and rebuild a trans for the -6, and have a great time of it.

VIR, and make it more of a high end clinic for the 911 crowd. You could do it with one the Ariel Atom driving experience days.

Vegas baby, you can't go wrong, yet we would all have to forget what we did out there.

FL, and CA are your best choices as they would have the highest percentage of 901s.
JamesM
I have 5 901s in a shed if you ever want to come to Utah to do a clinic.

scotty b
QUOTE(flipb @ Oct 31 2013, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 31 2013, 12:58 AM) *

agree.gif

The good doc was an excellent host and made sure my first hands-on tranny experience was as comfortable and painless as could be. blink.gif

huh.gif blink.gif unsure.gif mellow.gif
flipb
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Nov 1 2013, 11:13 AM) *

I second SCotty's shop.

I have a box to rebuild and need a location within 6 hrs. Florida is a bit too much of a drive.
I'd offer my house/garage in the NoVA area if that works for the east coast masses.

You're close enough to do the daytrip to Dr. Evil's Lair if you don't want to wait for a clinic.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(flipb @ Nov 1 2013, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Nov 1 2013, 11:13 AM) *

I second SCotty's shop.

You're close enough to do the daytrip to Dr. Evil's Lair if you don't want to wait for a clinic.

Yes, agreed and he has a trans in work for me right now (The ill fated 911S trans) that I need to pick up, so perhaps it is the best solution.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 31 2013, 12:56 AM) *

So, now that I am attempting to grow my biz and use the income to feed the family and pay exorbitant student loans ($300K), I have the green light from the war department to do more clinics and more often.

Currently in the works or planning to be set up are:

San Antonio - they promised me airplane rides
Florida - Joe O at Series9 said any time
SoCal - probably, no plans yet
PNW again?
Somewhere near DC - they keep nagging me smile.gif
Richmond VA - Scotty B's shop

Australia is still in logistical planning mode, but will happen.

What I need, a person to host, enough people to go to make the trip worth while. If I can drive there, then the number of people need not be so huge as I dont have to cover airfare and shipping of heavy parts.

Nominate a location and sound off. Putting times that would be best is appreciated. I am booked through the end of the year, but plan to start doing these up right away.

RICHMOND! It's only an hour from DC and closer to the Southern crowd. piratenanner.gif
Dr Evil
I have to go to Scotty's anyway to drop of Meat's 911S box and hopefully some 915s that Scooter is having me build for him. So, not many numbers needed to do this. It will happen some time next year.

Some higher-ups in the Chesapeake PCA have contacted me and want me to do a clinic or 3 in the Baltimore area. This will happen as well.

More remote outposts need to find the nearest big city to save on travel expenses for me and to maximize the amount of people that can make it. UT, OKC, etc smile.gif

I am also trying to start 915/930 clinics, but I have no stock and people want stupid money for cores. IF any of you ever find cores of 911/912/914 for sale for a good price, please let me know. I am willing to trade work for cores, too. Let deal. I need to get my stores up.
snakemain
Outside of St Louis. I'd probably drive to anywhere within an 8 hour radius.
warpig
I am down for a 915 conversion springtimeish (or whenever the circus gets to the PNW) confused24.gif Can I get a list of parts needed for such an endeavor? Do you source them? I am thinking if I get it all piled up ahead of time it's less for you to ship. Thanks tons Doc. beer.gif cheer.gif

Just rereading through this thread and see that you need 901's I will have the stock box out of my 75 1.8 to throw on the pile if that helps. Also wondering if the 915 has to be a clinic by itself or can it be combined with the 901 clinic?
doorknobcollector
I am interested in Dallas or San Antonio--either one is 9 hours away, but probably the closest I can get... The more lead-time to get off work the better.

If I bring three 901 boxes, can you help me figure out which one is the best candidate initially? I want to get one under my belt with supervision before trying the others alone and afraid.
Dr Evil
FYI fellas, I will NOT be converting 915/930 boxes at the clinic. This is not a thing to be done there.

Also, one of the Higher-ups for Chesapeake PCA contacted me and let me know that they are lower-ups. What I should say is that they have titles smile.gif

Nate, yes.
yeahmag
I can poll the Orange County PCA of which I'm a member of if you like.
scotty b
Mike I've had 2 people contact me about how excited they are to attend the clinic. Both own shops and are looking forward to adding trans work to their lineup smile.gif

Also, I'll let the boxsturd and G50 guys know about this opportunity. I also have a lot of older ( 30- 40's ) Ford guys that probably need trans work done as well. smile.gif This is gonna be so cool.

Any chance you know how to build old military trannies ? I have a friend with an old militarty Jeep that needs some tranny work. LMK if I should invite him

Dr Evil
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 2 2013, 09:11 AM) *

Mike I've had 2 people contact me about how excited they are to attend the clinic. Both own shops and are looking forward to adding trans work to their lineup smile.gif

Also, I'll let the boxsturd and G50 guys know about this opportunity. I also have a lot of older ( 30- 40's ) Ford guys that probably need trans work done as well. smile.gif This is gonna be so cool.

Any chance you know how to build old military trannies ? I have a friend with an old militarty Jeep that needs some tranny work. LMK if I should invite him

ohmy.gif blink.gif Oh fuck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.