Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area Meeting/Breakfast/Drive @ Alice's Cafe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
lanker88
Hey Guys,

Just want to update you on the weather conditions. There has obviously been a recent change in the weather(Cold snap). I know that it is far fetched but it has happened before. Friday has been given a warning of rain and light dusting of snow in the bay area most likely at higher elevations. Please advise that it will be colder in the evening into the night and Saturday morning. Therefore there could be black ice/snow in the morning on those winding roads up in woodside. Drive slow at first just to be cautious so we all arrive accident free and in once piece.

Article:http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_24653096/chilly-days-ahead-freeze-warning-issued-bay-area

See you all there,

Luke Anker
Click to view attachment
lanker88
BUMP
Dave_Darling
Sorry guys, but Da Boss has decreed that we have a prior engagement at 10 AM. I'm out. sad.gif

--DD
lanker88
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 5 2013, 05:29 PM) *

Sorry guys, but Da Boss has decreed that we have a prior engagement at 10 AM. I'm out. sad.gif

--DD

You will be missed sir.
ONTHEGRIND
Probably. To dangerous to take the ducati up the with the black ice.
lanker88
QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Dec 6 2013, 12:02 PM) *

Probably. To dangerous to take the ducati up the with the black ice.

Yeah probably best to stick with 4 wheels. ITs all speculation though the weather man is notoriously wrong.
jeffdon
Damit, I am not going to be able to make it. Car was starting just fine a couple hours ago, now I have no spark. Coil seems to test out on the ohm meter 8k from post to terminals, 3 ohms from pos to neg), and its got power. I am in no mood to track down electrical issues tonight.

Don't wait for me.

I am going to go beer3.gif
lanker88
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Dec 6 2013, 04:24 PM) *

Damit, I am not going to be able to make it. Car was starting just fine a couple hours ago, now I have no spark. Coil seems to test out on the ohm meter 8k from post to terminals, 3 ohms from pos to neg), and its got power. I am in no mood to track down electrical issues tonight.

Don't wait for me.

Hey jeff just come anyway smile.gif It's always a great crowd.
jeffdon
QUOTE(lanker88 @ Dec 6 2013, 09:14 PM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Dec 6 2013, 04:24 PM) *

Don't wait for me.

Hey jeff just come anyway smile.gif It's always a great crowd.

Yeah, I know, but I will probably just immerse myself into getting the teener running.

Hope you all have a great run.
mikesmith
Well, it's pouring rain and I can't close the driver's window (and I don't have heat). It'd be great to have a weather report from someone up in the area early tomorrow morning so that we can make sensible decisions - could easily be snow up there tonight.
jeffdon
We should all thing about a New Years day run. Two thousand....14!
Tman914
I'm out as well due to the weather can't chance it with rain & black ice

but the new year run sound good Jan 2014
dlkawashima
I'm still in and dragging my wife with me ... chowtime.gif cheer.gif
lanker88
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Dec 7 2013, 07:47 AM) *

I'm still in and dragging my wife with me ... chowtime.gif cheer.gif

See you there dave! Im about to head out. Please drive safe smile.gif

-Luke
mikesmith
Thanks to all the folks that braved the cold sunshine - was good to put faces to a few names, hope to catch up with you again next time...
dlkawashima
Nice turnout, considering all the rain (for California) we had last night. The weather turned out to be good, but cold (for California). 10 cars plus another 914 guy that I guess was hanging out with the Boxster guys. For those that don't know, Alice's restaurant is a hangout for motorheads of all types, and there was another group of Porsche guys in the back room also meeting for breakfast. Some pics ...

Breakfast organizer Luke (lanker88) and his '75 with backdated bumpers
Click to view attachment

Jim (jimtab) from Pacifica and his Zambezi Green 914
Click to view attachment

Mike Bellis showing all his 1.8-liter Turbo
Click to view attachment

my stock '73 still looking shiny with its original factory paint
Click to view attachment

Young Neil ... or is it Neal? ... and his '75 he found in Idaho. Nice hub caps!
Click to view attachment

Jim (JimN73) from San Leandro ... 2056 autocrosser
Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Sandy (Seaside6) and his factory 914-6
Click to view attachment

Marty Yeoman's '75 with 1911cc L-Jet
Click to view attachment

Ron (boxsterfan) and his '74 2-liter recently acquired from Camp914
Click to view attachment

Mike Smith's Renegade 350 V-8 conversion
Click to view attachment

Not sure ...
Click to view attachment
Michael N
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Dec 6 2013, 10:07 PM) *

We should all thing about a New Years day run. Two thousand....14!

agree.gif
Mike Bellis
Pelican usually does a New Years run in the same area. I've done it a couple times. Last time I was there over 55 Porsche's were there. They meet at 92 and Canada Road.
Mike Bellis
part of a video shot today. Tried the "70's" effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO5O_gY6iPY
boxsterfan
LOL!! Nice overlay music Mike!! That was a fun little ride over today (including the thumbs up from the 997 as we were going of the San Mateo bridge). It was great to see so many 914's. Did we outnumber the Boxster group?
lanker88
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Dec 7 2013, 10:39 PM) *

LOL!! Nice overlay music Mike!! That was a fun little ride over today (including the thumbs up from the 997 as we were going of the San Mateo bridge). It was great to see so many 914's. Did we outnumber the Boxster group?

I didn't get a chance to look back there, but I don't think many boxsters were in the lot. Id say we outnumbered them 2/1 at least. haha

That was a great get together guys, I'm looking forward to seeing you all at some point in the new year. If you have any new years resolutions (to be made on your 914) now would be the time so its ready for the next meeting.

Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.