Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area Meeting/Breakfast/Drive @ Alice's Cafe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
lanker88
Hey All,

Lets get another meeting going it's been awhile so lets get together and chat. Same Place!

Alice's Restaurant
http://www.alicesrestaurant.com/

Address: 17288 Skyline Boulevard Woodside, CA 94062 (650) 851-0303

Time: 914:am

Date: December 7th, 2013

If you'd like to stick around a nice drive out to the coast after it is always encouraged! Alternate drive route suggestions are welcomed if you know a great road from Alice's.

See You there.
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Yep, I'm there!

My car will be running great!!!
lanker88

BTW if anyone coming has a taco plate for sale I'm in need of one to install on my 914 1.8. Let me know ahead of time so we can do a swap at the meeting smile.gif

THANK!

-Luke Anker
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 14 2013, 08:56 AM) *

Yep, I'm there!

*CORRECTION*

My car is running great!!!

happy11.gif

Who else is going?
McMark
idea.gif Friggin' long trip down there. But....
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 16 2013, 07:59 PM) *

idea.gif Friggin' long trip down there. But....

If I can make it to Sonoma...

Crash at Andy's place the night before and talk him into going. idea.gif
McMark
Damn. That's true.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 16 2013, 08:15 PM) *
Crash at Andy's place the night before and talk him into going. idea.gif

thumb3d.gif
dlestep
I miss Northern California.
~
If I was still in Sacto, I'd be there.
smj
A day which will live in infamy? I'll plan to be there.
boxsterfan
Hope to make my first trip to Alice's.
MartyYeoman
I'll do my best to attend.
It's so far in advance you know. confused24.gif
Marty
lanker88

Yep, I'm there!

Mike,

Will you be bringing Sasquatch? I've been following the build and would love to finally see it.

-Luke
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(lanker88 @ Nov 19 2013, 09:31 AM) *

Yep, I'm there!

Mike,

Will you be bringing Sasquatch? I've been following the build and would love to finally see it.

-Luke

Yes! happy11.gif
smj
Is 9:14 when we arrive at Alice's to eat, or when the drive departs?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(smj @ Nov 20 2013, 06:30 PM) *

I'll be there around 8am for breakfast. Place gets pretty packed. Best parking is early too.
pcar916
Before my Porsche days I would to ride my Norton up there from Pacifica. There would always be other bikes to kick the tires on. I'd have breakfast before heading out to Half Moon Bay to hit #1, turn north and get back to home for the honey-do list.

Did the same thing in '95 with the 914!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Nov 21 2013, 03:11 AM) *

Before my Porsche days I would to ride my Norton up there from Pacifica. There would always be other bikes to kick the tires on. I'd have breakfast before heading out to Half Moon Bay to hit #1, turn north and get back to home for the honey-do list.

Did the same thing in '95 with the 914!

I used to take my old 914 from Pacifica up there too. I grew up in Pacifica, lived on Alicante Dr.
chrisz01
I will try to make it if my car is out of the shop. New to the 914, bought it a couple of months ago delivered from Illinois. In shop for sorting out some issues.

chrisz01
Dave_Darling
Come on out even if you don't have your 914 with you! I certainly do.... wink.gif

--DD (Some people don't believe I own a 914! biggrin.gif )
lanker88

We arrive at 9:14 am and then have breakfast. Drive is after.
lanker88
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 20 2013, 06:49 PM) *

I'll be there around 8am for breakfast. Place gets pretty packed. Best parking is early too.

Hey Mike we're meeting at 9:14 am and end up grabbing the back room as a group for the past like 3 times we've met there. See you then.
lanker88
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 21 2013, 08:09 AM) *

Come on out even if you don't have your 914 with you! I certainly do.... wink.gif

All lies he doesn't have a 914 at all. Dave just likes to hang out with the 914 group haha.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(lanker88 @ Nov 21 2013, 04:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 20 2013, 06:49 PM) *

Hey Mike we're meeting at 9:14 am and end up grabbing the back room as a group for the past like 3 times we've met there. See you then.

thumb3d.gif
MartyYeoman
Bump
tradisrad
Ugh, I am out of town that morning. I'd love to get back to Alice's I have not eaten there since the early '90s when I worked there and drove my 914 up & down Hwy 84 every day!
One question, did they change their name? It was Alice's Restaurant.
lanker88
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 26 2013, 08:43 AM) *

Ugh, I am out of town that morning. I'd love to get back to Alice's I have not eaten there since the early '90s when I worked there and drove my 914 up & down Hwy 84 every day!
One question, did they change their name? It was Alice's Restaurant.

Bump and Yes it is Alice's Restaurant, above was a typo.

Just a reminder to all that we will be meeting this weekend on saturday. I really hope we can get a good amount of people going and give it one last go before the year's end.

Weather looks to be SUNNY with chance of scattered showers; they are listing it as 20% chance as of now for Saturday and 10% Sunday.

Cheers,
Luke
Dave_Darling
I'll be bringing the MINI once again. Da Boss has decreed that the 914 is staying in off-site storage until January, and I have to pick up a bunch of stuff in SJ for a project here at home.

--DD
Tman914
piratenanner.gif will be there sound like fun driving.gif
coming out of livermore if any one wants to hook up on the way leaving at 7:30 or so
dlkawashima

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 2 2013, 07:00 PM) *

I'll be bringing the MINI once again. Da Boss has decreed that the 914 is staying in off-site storage until January, and I have to pick up a bunch of stuff in SJ for a project here at home.

--DD

A rare picture of Dave and his 914 ...
IPB Image
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Tman914 @ Dec 2 2013, 07:59 PM) *

coming out of livermore if any one wants to hook up on the way leaving at 7:30 or so

There are a few of us coming from San Ramon. I'm guessing we are all leaving around 8am. Nothing formal planned yet
Dave_Darling
Dave! I remember that picture! I think Jamie Rust took it? It was at his Pizza gathering. smile.gif

--DD
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 2 2013, 09:05 PM) *

There are a few of us coming from San Ramon. I'm guessing we are all leaving around 8am. Nothing formal planned yet

We can all meet up at my place and leave from there. What do you all think? I can PM my address to anyone interested in a caravan to Alice's.
Marty
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Dec 3 2013, 12:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 2 2013, 09:05 PM) *

We can all meet up at my place and leave from there. What do you all think? I can PM my address to anyone interested in a caravan to Alice's.
Marty

I'm in. What time? I think I know where you live...
MartyYeoman

I'm in. What time? I think I know where you live...

PM sent.
lanker88
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Dec 2 2013, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 2 2013, 07:00 PM) *

--DD

A rare picture of Dave and his 914 ...
IPB Image

hahah good one dave!
jeffdon
My car is finally back on the road too!

I am in Oakland, and wondering if hooking up with any other people headed along my general route would be possible? Maybe a rendezvous point.

Which way are all you east bay, north bay, tri valley folks going?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Dec 3 2013, 06:15 PM) *

My car is finally back on the road too!

I am in Oakland, and wondering if hooking up with any other people headed along my general route would be possible? Maybe a rendezvous point.

Which way are all you east bay, north bay, tri valley folks going?

My guess is 580 to 238 to 880 to 92.

After that? 92 to 35? or 92 to Canada Rd. to 84? or 92 to 280 to 84?

If you wait for us on 92 right at the Clawitter on ramp, that may be a good spot. We should be driving by there around 8:20-8:30am

JimN73
Looks like I am going, too. From San Leandro.

For other events, we have rendezvoused near the Verizon store in Southland Mall. It's just a few minutes to get off the freeway and back on.

If you guys are leaving San Ramon at 8, we could meet at Soutland Mall about 8:15 - 8:20. Firm departure time of 8:20?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Dec 3 2013, 06:27 PM) *

For other events, we have rendezvoused near the Verizon store in Southland Mall. It's just a few minutes to get off the freeway and back on.

If you guys are leaving San Ramon at 8, we could meet at Soutland Mall about 8:15 - 8:20. Firm departure time of 8:20?

That will work too.

I will let Marty decide. He is the line leader... biggrin.gif
jeffdon
Also, there is that nature center right at the east end of the SM bridge. Is parking free? Anyone carrying those cheap Wilkie talkies that can easily be tuned to 914?
jeffdon
Also, there is that nature center right at the east end of the SM bridge. Is parking free? Anyone carrying those cheap Wilkie talkies that can easily be tuned to 914?
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 3 2013, 06:33 PM) *

QUOTE(JimN73 @ Dec 3 2013, 06:27 PM) *

That will work too.

I will let Marty decide. He is the line leader... biggrin.gif

Hey now! All I said was we could meet up at my house and make a break for it.
I do like the 280 to 84 route though. I'm not sure where a good rendezvouse spot might be off 880.
Southland sounds like it would work.
jeffdon
Ok, someone just needs to make the call. I am flexible.
Mike Bellis
OK!!!

We are meeting at Verizon @ Southland Mall, Winton exit, some time around 8:20am.

Spread the word!
Mike Bellis
Our official route is...

Alcosta @ 680 to 580 to 238 to 880 to Winton to 880 to 92 to 280 to 84 to Alice's

piratenanner.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 3 2013, 07:26 PM) *

OK!!!

We are meeting at Verizon @ Southland Mall, Winton exit, some time around 8:20am.

Spread the word!

Done!
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Dec 3 2013, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 3 2013, 07:26 PM) *

OK!!!

Spread the word!

Done!

PM sent.
mikesmith
Anyone coming down from the SF side? Can't let those damn southerners have all the fun...
Tman914
Click to view attachment
wow this going to be fun Marty got your message ill see you at your house

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.