Full Version: Motor Meister
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 5 2013, 01:33 PM) *

QUOTE(h2obroker @ Dec 5 2013, 08:58 AM) *
One of the employees said they still have 100 cars in three lots

unsure.gif

Still at over 100 cars really amazes me.
It takes 5 seconds to search on google under the motor meister name and you get nothing good for feedback, it's all bad.
Threads all over the place, yet stupid people still don't bother to do a small amount of homework before bringing a 20k car to these guys?

I feel bad for the people that got screwed, but it's not like there was not enough information and BEWARE signals all over the internet.

100 cars, or people that must not be online in any way....really a shame.

I hope everyone gets their possessions back and the rest gets sold of by the courts to put this to bed.

My big concern would be that the culprits get charged and either serve time, or are not allowed to setup shop again.

Rich
scotty b
I'm kind of surprised that with all the years they have been doing this they haven't had a customer of "questionable ethics " shades.gif that would make certain to " sort things out " in the middle of the desert ar15.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 5 2013, 04:54 PM) *
I'm kind of surprised that with all the years they have been doing this they haven't had a customer of "questionable ethics " shades.gif that would make certain to " sort things out " in the middle of the desert ar15.gif

Maybe they were both working for the same "boss"?
shades.gif
Dr Evil
Is AA next? biggrin.gif tongue.gif poke.gif
DBCooper
Ha ha ha, I was just wondering when AA's most vigorous defenders in past threads were going to jump in here to take up MM's side. AA's not quite so egregious, but seem to have learned the rules in the same playground.

naro914
unfortunately, this practice (borrow from peter to pay paul) is not uncommon in the mechanic world.... Most of these guys are good mechanics, but not good business people and have no idea how to manage cashflow, so they take the deposits that someone gives them to pay for the parts for someone elses car. Starts out innocent enough until years go by and they are SOOOOO far behind. I can think of one shop (VERY local to me) that is headed for the same fate if someone gets pissed enough to do/say something about it. We all keep asking ourselves what is taking so long???

Honestly, this is why I work with the shop I do (literally...I do business consulting work to help small businesses and help him keep his finances in order). Too many small businesses have no idea how to run the BUSINESS side of the companies.... Not saying that's what went wrong with MM, just saying it's more common than you would think... or hope...
aircooledtechguy
agree.gif

It is a very common practice and an easy trap for shop owners to un-intentionally fall into. Couple that with a nefarious owner and you get MM. I have a high-end hotrod shop across the street who works off deposits and they are constantly in this cycle. For them, the loudest car owner gets the work done.
carr914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 6 2013, 11:11 AM) *

unfortunately, this practice (borrow from peter to pay paul) is not uncommon in the mechanic world.... Most of these guys are good mechanics, but not good business people and have no idea how to manage cashflow, so they take the deposits that someone gives them to pay for the parts for someone elses car. Starts out innocent enough until years go by and they are SOOOOO far behind. I can think of one shop (VERY local to me) that is headed for the same fate if someone gets pissed enough to do/say something about it. We all keep asking ourselves what is taking so long???

agree.gif

This happens more than you think. Since I sell Camaro Suspension systems, I'm intune to the Pro-Touring Forums and there was a Shop called Prodigy Customs that ripped people off to the tune of close to a $1Mil. At one point they had the Reputation of being the Best (unlike MM), but got into a Ponzi like deal, getting money from one client to try to finish another car.
oldschool
biggrin.gif Hey I'm shooting aerial video behind them....I may pan over the place and get a birds eye view lol-2.gif
hot_shoe914
Okay, I have a very good friend that I have known for awhile that he has had a car sitting in California. I found out tonight that it is at Motor Meister. He knew they had filed bankruptcy but had no clue of the mess going on. He is going to make calls tomorrow and try to find out more. If anyone here has some information that may help him, or if somebody would be willing to assist in the recovery over his car and parts, he is willing to pay and would greatly appreciate it. He is the kind of guy that will go out of his way to help anyone so, please, if you can or are willing to help, it is much better than him trying from 2500 miles away. Feel free to message me or call me at 901-484-6977.

Thanks,
Shoe
beerchug.gif
Scott S
Hi Shoe -
Have him contact Harry Schmidt. He has been having success getting cars and parts out MM.

Henry Schmidt
SUPERTEC PERFORMANCE
Ph: 760-728-3062
Email: supertec1@earthlink.net

Here is a link to the page of the pelican thread that has additional info.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...r-engine-4.html
rick 918-S
Hot Rod and Euro/Rice shops survive on customers disposable income. It's the nature of the business to get a deposit and work off those funds until they are exhausted because customers have a way of forgetting to send money when they get an invoice from the shop for time spent.

I never took a labor deposit when I had my shop but I was clear what I expected. I would provide a written estimate, take a deposit for materials only based on my estimate, and bill if the estimated amount was to exceed 80 hrs. Additional work discovered would be fully discussed and a written change order was signed by the customer. In MN you can't automatically bill a customer more that 10% without a written change order.

This is the best way to stay out of trouble but like I said customers have a way of forgetting to send the money. That's why you see shops take a deposit and that's where the trouble begins. unsure.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Scott S @ Dec 13 2013, 05:38 PM) *

Hi Shoe -
Have him contact Harry Schmidt. He has been having success getting cars and parts out MM.

Henry Schmidt
SUPERTEC PERFORMANCE
Ph: 760-728-3062
Email: supertec1@earthlink.net

Here is a link to the page of the pelican thread that has additional info.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...r-engine-4.html

Thanks Scott
scotty b
Hide yo wife, hide yo kids, apparently he's back dry.gif ar15.gif

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...gart-Auto-Works

http://stuttgartautowerks.com/about.html
ConeDodger
Groan... dry.gif
AE354803
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 19 2014, 01:31 PM) *

Groan... dry.gif

Los Alamitos Planning Commission meeting agenda for March 10, 2014, application is on page 2, Section 7 Public Hearings item B. Applicant: Jerry Marks

http://cityoflosalamitos.org/?wpfb_dl=1048

No license on the BAR site yet for Stuttgart Auto Werks, but Motor Meister still has a valid license

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA...p;P_LTE_ID=1101

License Search:
http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna...e_pgm_code=1310

worn
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 19 2014, 10:34 AM) *

What, the town cant figure this stuff out? Handcuffs and jail. Period. If that is what it takes. It was bad enough looking for engines on ebay...
PanelBilly
I'm thinking he needs to raise funds to pay the lawyers fees
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.