Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I guess I will start it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Chris Julian
Looks like I wasn't the only one who got this poster.

CHris
boxstr
Chris I remeber talking with you at the autocross, did you make it down to Laguna Seca?? Are you going to have your car ready for WCC 2005?
CCLINCAMARILLOHEREICOME
jimtab
Recieved many great gifts, topping the list a "new daughter" for christmas. My son got married this year, everyone is healthy, and I scored enough money from my bonus at work to get the HPH guys to get my car ready for autox and willow springs at the WCC. Oh, and another week off work. Woo, Hoo. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Brent
Gave my Nephew (recent college grad) a 11 pack of Newcastle and enjoyed the stray for myself. IPB Image

No new 914 sutff, but Mario Bros. Double Dash is keeping the kids occupied. And yes, Cujo my 3 1/2 yr. old still went back to HALO2.
IPB Image

Best gifts were Rawlings Baseball gloves for me and my son so he can start playing in the spring at 7.
d7n7master
Woke up @ 4am to my beautiful, wonderful wife of 15 yrs. tossin' her cookies. IPB Image (Flu!!!)
Then again @ 4:30, again around 5.
We had the Suburban packed & ready to go last nite to celebrate Christmas in San Diego with our kids & grandkids - couple of hours drive. Called the kids @ 8 & said, sorry - but - could we do this tomorrow??? Shelley's SICK. IPB Image
What a drag... she's never sick, well almost. IPB Image
So I'm doin' the "nurse" thing. IPB Image
Anyway, I'm good. Santa's been good to me all year. I now have all the parts I need for my teener to get her back to being my daily driver. Wife gets the RX-7 I bought last July to drive while my teener got some lovin'. She really likes it!!! It's been a fun car - but - it ain't my teener. Duhhh. So that's cool, maybe we can let the Suburban rest a bit. AND I'm off work 'til the 4th.
Here's a Christmas wish for all of you - May this Christmas be a healthy, happy, joyful, loving time for you and your families & friends.

May all of our sons & daughters come home safe from serving our great country.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!
Oh yeah, & IPB Image
Brent
Oh.... forgot my Brother in laws friend designed me a new poker chip label in Photoshop. Knowing professional graphic artists is the best! It would have taken me about two months to do what he did in two hours.

Would of bought him beers, but he's alergic (sucks to be him!)

914 for me, F-14 for my Father in law who helped develop the radar system.
rhodyguy
not what i wanted. the two people that were crucial to make it happen severely disappointed me.

kevin
Bruce Allert
I was hoping so much for a Canon Digital Rebel that I actually got one IPB Image My Wife, her brother & his wife, Wife's Mom & Dad all went together & got it for me. Couldn't believe it IPB Image 6.3 mp and my 28-200 Tamron lens from my Canon Elan fits & works fantastic.

AX pics for the Oregon Chapter PCA are gonna be super fun this new year.

I also got a nice pool cue & 9 ball rack from my parents. A bunch of little stuff from all the families on both sides and am miserably full from Dinner Christmas Eve and Christmas Day IPB Image ...... everything I wanted & then some IPB Image

........b
Seagrave
I had both my boys (and their significant others) home for Christmas. Rare these days and the best gift of all.
reverie
Got a couple of cool t-shirts... one says "The floggings will continue until morale improves" and the other one says "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Our 21yo daughter is home from college. She lost 30 lbs since last summer and looks great, but all her clothes keep falling off, so of course we're going shopping for all new clothes. Budgeted $500 for it.. thank goodness for the post-Christmas sales.. and for the "men's comfy chairs" in the women's department. IPB Image
Bleyseng
IPB Image
ejm
Gifts from my daughters included a pair of Carrera GT's, the latest coffee table book and a calendar.

picture for Geoff IPB Image and Aaron IPB Image
Sammy
We just got home from church and the pastor told us a story that I'd like to share:

A family had invited a friend over for Christmas dinner. After he arived he asked the 6 year old daughter of the host if she had gotten everything she wanted for Christmas. She thought about it, and then said no I didn't but it's all right; it's not my birthday, it's Jesus' birthday.

Kinda reminded me of some things.
Howard
Bernie, think I almost matched your pig and lips IPB Image

Long time best friend got me Humphrey, the humping dog, and Baabara, the inflatable sheep IPB Image Think it's my personality??
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 26 2004, 12:04 PM)
Think it's my personality??

IPB Image YES! IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
Meredith
I got a guitar and music lessons! Woo hoo! IPB Image
MattR
I got a helmet (yippe!), euro headers (from myself), lots of car washing supplies, in'n out gift certificates, and the carrol smith series and some other books.

Now im just freezing my ass off... christmas time in socal is always tough for me. Its the coldest time of the years.
Gint
I got a lot of tangerine paint! And a big smile from Eric's daughter, Laura.
Gint
bottom
jimtab
QUOTE (Meredith @ Dec 26 2004, 03:25 PM)
I got a guitar and music lessons! Woo hoo! IPB Image

Mer, what kind of guitar, accoustic or electric? I've got both. Practice hard and we'll have a "hootenany" at WCC 2006.
Meredith
QUOTE (jimtab @ Dec 26 2004, 10:36 PM)
Mer, what kind of guitar, accoustic or electric? I've got both. Practice hard and we'll have a "hootenany" at WCC 2006.

Acoustic. Come 2006, I'll be ready to jam!
Carlitos Way
I'll bring the PA!!! Jam Session it is at WCC!!! Maybe we should start working on a song list to practice?

Oh.. and BTW... I get to be the lead singer!!!

(sorry to hijack) but I guess I could add I'll be buying new speakers before the end of the year (my own xmas present)
KaptKaos
I got a set of those Pep Boys cheap seats, but they are for my Fiat 850 Spider - gonna go retro hot rod on it I think.

Much needed new pair of slippers.

Some books on modern architecture.

6 piece, 4 wt travel fly rod IPB Image

Bunk beds for my 4 year old and 2 year old daughters (well not really mine, but I got to put it together. IPB Image

To the guy with the GT6 - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post some pics. I love those.

- Joe
Root_Werks
Bench grinder, tool box addition, and a nice dig camera. Now I can stop using my ceral box camera! Yeah! IPB Image
BiG bOgGs
I got permission, and a few grand, from the wife to start shopping for my first 914. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
bernbomb914
today I got a belated Christmas present, another grand daughter Katie Ann Gerdes 8 lb 3 oz and 19" of red headed beauty .I am very proud as I was able to watch the birth and video tape it. My daughter did it the hard way, Natural
scruz914
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Dec 25 2004, 02:25 PM)
I got a 7" flat panel drop down under counter TV for
the kitchen.  (do you think the family is trying to tell me
to cook more??? IPB Image )

I bought my wife one a couple of years ago. She loves it, I love it, and my daughters love it. You just may find the family in the kitchen more with the boob tube in there.

I got an XBox and the NASCAR 2005 game. It is a total unnecessary toy for me and I am going to have some good old kid type fun with it.

Our cabin in Tahoe is next to a B&B and they just installed a wireless access point. The owner gave me the access code today! Not really a Christmas present but neat because we rely on cell with a planar antenna and dialup over cell is slow. I now have avatars turned on!!!!!!

-Jeff
Meredith
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Dec 27 2004, 06:19 PM)
today I got a belated Christmas present, another grand daughter Katie Ann Gerdes 8 lb 3 oz and 19" of red headed beauty .I am very proud as I was able to watch the birth and video tape it. My daughter did it the hard way, Natural

Congratulations! What a great gift.
Bruce Allert
Hey! we got one of those too!!! Our Neice had Austin around 2PM Day After Christmas!

Daddy ain't proud is he??? IPB Image

.....b
zabo
Santa was good to me this year. Took the kids to Disney for 4 days, then came home to find a MIG welder, a drill press, and a compound miter saw under my Christmas tree. All that is missing was the 914. Hopefully by Summer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.