Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I guess I will start it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
skline
I have got a few things from friends and other family members but we have not opened gifts yet for the most part. I prefer to give rather than recieve. Lets hear what you got for Christmas and if you got what you really wanted.
bernbomb914
how about a pig sitting on the throne who farts and speaks many clever lines about what he is doing, or a fm radio that has big red lips that move with the music. I hope it gets better as the day passes.

Bernie IPB Image
GWN7
Welding cart. Came home to find it 1/2 assembled in the middle of the living room, tools all around it, the boxes the different parts came in and wraping paper tosed all over, boy meets me at door and says "Merry Christmas I got you a welding cart, I'm off to my moms"

I'm at work for the next 10 hrs......good thing....

IPB Image
IPB Image
skline
Bernie, those sound like gifts you buy the person who has everything. You must be well loved. That is funny though. IPB Image
spare time toys
Got that floor jack work stand thing, a buffer, and a Xbox game. I got myself 2 parts cars for the project but you guys knew about them. IPB Image
bernbomb914
yea it was from my best friend of 30 years.
campbellcj
I dunno yet; wife and boy are still asleep! (It was a long tough nite at the inlaws). Why else would I be surfing this board right now? IPB Image

My future bro-in-law gave me a real Cuban Montecristo last night as we were leaving...that should improve New Year's Eve a tad.

I did get a couple of nice things for myself that won't be here for a while and are not exactly under-the-tree material anyway.
SLITS
Halo 2

Kisses and hugs from my two girls and a hug from the boy.......The best presents of all IPB Image
J P Stein
QUOTE (campbellcj @ Dec 25 2004, 08:53 AM)
I dunno yet; wife and boy are still asleep! (It was a long tough nite at the inlaws). Why else would I be surfing this board right now? IPB Image

My future bro-in-law gave me a real Cuban Montecristo last night as we were leaving...that should improve New Year's Eve a tad.

I did get a couple of nice things for myself that won't be here for a while and are not exactly under-the-tree material anyway.

Ditto....cept for the cigar.
Thanks, Chris, I don't have to type all that out now IPB Image
Howard
We celebrated most of Christmas on the 22nd since my son is working today. Very quiet here, and kinda nice just to light the fire and enjoy the decorations.

Optima, ratcheting box wrenches, self adjust pipe wrench, and promise of 12v impact wrench not yet delivered. Boring clothes and such, but no farting pig. Having dinner with old friends later and I'm sure the gag gifts will be there, so may get lucky.

Hope you all wanted what you got. Great day here!
Rusty
A gift from my son... a coffee mug (press type) and a picture he made.

A gift from my toolwench... a set of Craftsman toolboxes.

A gift to myself... a 4x torque multiplier. (and a very early gift... a spare set of 914/6 rear calipers.)
Dman
Double Ditto, my wife is also still asleep!

I really don't care what's under the tree though its been a great year! My car has been running all 12 months! IPB Image IPB Image
DNHunt
A framed photo of the starting grid at last year's WCC. Framed by my son, picture by my daughter with her new camera.

Merry Christmas

Dave
Aaron Cox
I got stuff.....

and i woke up and my fish has passed on IPB Image IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
A little package from Pelican Parts with all new shift bushings and some other parts. I think my wife wants to drive her car.

Oh yea and a 40GB ipod.

The best was watching my son play with his Speedsters race car set that Santa brought.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sean
Rusty
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 25 2004, 11:35 AM)
I got stuff.....

and i woke up and my fish has passed on IPB Image IPB Image

Sorry, dude. What kind of fish? IPB Image
rick 918-S
I'm not big on the religion thing although I attended Catholic school as a small child. Our youngest son Kyle woke us up with his usual christmas day excitement at 8:00 am. I got Sandy a photo printer. It will do up to 8"X10" size. We had a computer crash and lost lots of memories including the FFC pictures. Now we can make hard copies. I spent the morning watching my kids and their friends open their gifts. Aric was up very early and picked up his girl friend and bought her over for christmas morning. She was here before we got up. Aric's friend Forrest stayed over last night. It's kind of a special feeling when the kids friends feel welcome enough to come to our house on a family holiday. After everyone opened their gifts I cooked up a big pot of grits for breakfast.

That's the best gift I could receive. I didn't have much of a family life as a kid. I was forced to grow up fast or die. I'm not bitter and I hold no grudges against anyone. I'm not the only one that had it a little tough. That's the way it was. Days like these are the best. The best gift I can receive on a day like today is knowing that I'm building a new tradition in my family tree. For me, I'm good.
Gint
New set of headphones, Ipod condom, Seinfeld Season 1&2 DVD, LeMans DVD and Porsche Vistory By Design DVD.

And a new warm fuzzy robe that I'm wearing right now.

Oh, and a 57 and sunny Christmas Day!

Kids had a blast, and are now over at their Dad's so the wife and I have the rest of the day in peace and quiet.

I almost forgot: A dead cat and a semi tangerine 914 tub.
ThinAir
Almost 34 years ago my best friend gave me a "Love" pinky ring when we got engaged. I haven't been able to wear it in recent years because it gets bent out of shape and my fingers aren't as small as they were then. For Christmas she got me a ring that says "a ma vie de coer entier" - "my whole heart for my whole life" in 15th century French. We've fallen in love with France and can hardly wait for the chance to go back so this is pretty special on a number of levels.

She also got me a couple of George Winston CDs, a book on 25 driving trips in France, and the Elgin cam & lifters for my engine (which are coming soon from HPH). I'll have great music to listen to as I start building the engine.

Just being together with the whole gang was a great Christmas present.
SLITS
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 25 2004, 10:41 AM)
I'm not big on the religion thing although I attended Catholic school as a small child. Our youngest son Kyle woke us up with his usual christmas day excitement at 8:00 am. I got Sandy a photo printer. It will do up to 8"X10" size. We had a computer crash and lost lots of memories including the FFC pictures. Now we can make hard copies. I spent the morning watching my kids and their friends open their gifts. Aric was up very early and picked up his girl friend and bought her over for christmas morning. She was here before we got up. Aric's friend Forrest stayed over last night. It's kind of a special feeling when the kids friends feel welcome enough to come to our house on a family holiday. After everyone opened their gifts I cooked up a big pot of grits for breakfast.

That's the best gift I could receive. I didn't have much of a family life as a kid. I was forced to grow up fast or die. I'm not bitter and I hold no grudges against anyone. I'm not the only one that had it a little tough. That's the way it was. Days like these are the best. The best gift I can receive on a day like today is knowing that I'm building a new tradition in my family tree. For me, I'm good.

Well Rick, I had a real warm feeling till ya got to the grits IPB Image Sausage Gravy & biscuts is my favorite.
Allan
I got a new starter for my car. IPB Image Hope to use it someday.
JB 914
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 25 2004, 09:41 AM)
The best gift I can receive on a day like today is knowing that I'm building a new tradition in my family tree. For me, I'm good.

IPB Image

I got a cool compressor from my good buddy Scott IPB Image rocking nana.gif IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
newdeal2
I got my Triumph GT6 [Fly Yellow] out of the paint shop and took it for a spin. It has little in common with the 914 I have but still a blast to drive. Same HP in a strait 6 that pulls like a tractor!Pics before I deliver it to the new owner.
SLITS
QUOTE (newdeal2 @ Dec 25 2004, 11:01 AM)
I got my Triumph GT6 [Fly Yellow] out of the paint shop and took it for a spin. It has little in common with the 914 I have but still a blast to drive. Same HP in a strait 6 that pulls like a tractor!Pics before I deliver it to the new owner.

Hey you need to add a sickle to that Furgeson Tractor to make it concours IPB Image
lagunero
not very exciting but what I always ask for.... J.Crew boxers IPB Image
Bleyseng
I got new car, a 2003 Passt 1.8T w/ 5 speed. Santa delievered it last night!

Geoff IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (lagunero @ Dec 25 2004, 11:05 AM)
not very exciting but what I always ask for.... J.Crew boxers IPB Image

i got me some boxers too!!! and shoes...and.....
SLITS
Oh no, not another undywear thread IPB Image
JoeSharpOld
I got some carbs, a camera and a new computer.
Aaron: Wat u gunna du wit da shoes. IPB Image
Joe
Sammy
I gots a new 'puter (bought it a month ago), a tape measure with built in calcumalator (wife watches too much HSN), a $50 gift certificate to Fry's, and a copy of the book "the complete Porsche" and more stuff on the way.

We actually have three christmas' here, one on christmas eve when my wife's family comes over, then Christmas morning when we open the presents from santa, then on Christmas night when we go over to my meet family.
Kids get to open presents three times! spoiled rotten they are.
SirAndy
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 25 2004, 07:34 AM)
Lets hear what you got for Christmas and if you got what you really wanted.

i got a box of fine cuban cigars !!!

couldn't be any happier ...
IPB Image Andy
TheCabinetmaker
I got the day off work.

Andy, what kinda habanos ya get? I'm gonna enjoy an OpusX today.
Andyrew
I got a very nice poker chip set (wood thing that spins, with chips in it (clay, heavy), and cards), a 92 piece craftsman tool set (yippie!!!),

and from my parents, a 914 club hat, carpet for the car, spark plug wires, and driving gloves!

Couldnt be happier!!!

BTW, went for a long drive with dad yesterday in the 914, probably the best present yet was that, I knew he loved it. (let him drive)

Andrew
SirAndy
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Dec 25 2004, 10:42 AM)
Andy, what kinda habanos ya get? I'm gonna enjoy an OpusX today.

i got a nice selection:

MonteCristo's, Cohiba's, Trinidad's and even a few Gloria Cubana's ...

IPB Image Andy
TheCabinetmaker
The monte's are prolly the best of the Habanos. Here's a site that can tell you how to spot the counterfits. The last 6 cubans that have been given to me proved to be fakes. I've even got a fake opus in the past.

counterfit gallery
Ferg
I'm getting a 3.0 or 3.2 to replace my 2.7 IPB Image

Ferg IPB Image
Korijo
new joystick and new rubber for my wheelchair IPB Image

$2500 IPB Image Thanks Santa IPB Image
Bleyseng
Gotta quit doing doughnuts and burnouts, Dave............
boxstr
A fold up laminated map of Califronia, north and south, I love maps, LL Bean driving shoe wool lined slippers, BIC Exact Tip roller pens Circa 2000, Calvin Klien Cologne,Laguile Steak Knives for Palm Desert, and my Bidders Pass for Barret-Jackson auction in Jan. 2005. Last but not least my wifes undying love IPB Image after she opened her presents. CCLINAGIRLSBESTFRIEND
newdeal2
The reason for the season...

The birth of Jesus Christ

Just thank Him for the gift of Christmas IPB Image
morph
I bought my son a compound bow, the other son a bike, they were so excited. Helped a needy family with Christmas. Giving was the best part of Christmas for me.

HIEDI
J P Stein
STILL WAITING !!!!!!

Everything is burried under the grandkid's stuff and they aren't here yet. IPB Image
J P Stein
Ah...a suprise...a Sony DVD video recorder. It must be a gud one cause the instructions are 135 pgs long....which is all I need to know bout them IPB Image

Stand by to be inundated with in-car-AX-vids-w/Weberwail come spring IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Dec 25 2004, 01:55 PM)
Ah...a suprise...a Sony DVD video recorder. It must be a gud one cause the instructions are 135 pgs long....which is all I need to know bout them IPB Image

Stand by to be inundated with in-car-AX-vids-w/Weberwail come spring IPB Image

got my dad a dvd-recorder.....
boxstr
Hey JP what aboput a 24 hour webcam at the ULFs garage. That way we can all share in the fun of watching you work on the car IPB Image .
CCLINWEBMASTER
Mrs. K
I got a 7" flat panel drop down under counter TV for
the kitchen. (do you think the family is trying to tell me
to cook more??? IPB Image )

And some clothes, but alas, no 914 IPB Image
Maybe next year Santa!

Lisa IPB Image
ws91420
An apartment, cable modem, and hopefully a life.
StratPlayer
2 hours hands on flying in a single engine aircraft. Kids got me this for christmas, they know I'm and aviation nut and got me 2 hours flight time for some hands on flying. I can't wait. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
bernbomb914
better than a pig that farts, I got a book, a big book, The ultimate history of Porsche
lots of pics it will be fun to read.

Bernie IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Qarl
Spent the last two days with family. IPB Image

I got to cook for everybody... twice... IPB Image

I got a Lotus Elise...... albeit was 1/18th size and a Lotus Elise history book (actual size)

I got some shirts, and my traditional soap-on-a-rope from my Dad. (I don't have the heart to tell him that I never use them). It's sort of tradition and that's why it's great!

I bought my wife a digital picture frame and loaded it with picture of Hunter last night. It was good to see her get teary-eyed at all of the pictures from the past few years...

And... last but not least... we had Hunter with us for another Christmas... the best gift my wife and I could ask for.... IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.