Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does this make my.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
John
And to think, I liked that color.

Have you decided on a new color?
J P Stein
I'm leaning towards Yellow. I'm gonna paint it myself but I've never done that before. I figure the runs won't show so bad in Yellow. IPB Image
J P Stein
I'm dying here......
Bruce Allert
I dunno Man... ULF wouldn't be ULF if it were any other colour IPB Image

put yer mask on & breath deep

....b
J P Stein
I gots all the PPE on. I'd be daid by now if not. IPB Image
I feel like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest......time for a nap.

BTW, ugly in a 914 is more than skin deep. IPB Image
J P Stein
From the "why did I start this" section.

Hay, body guys. Is it more better to prime then bondo or bondo over bare metal? I have some good etching primer..
J P Stein
This side is kinda done now......the whole wurks is, actually.
I had to leave some crown on the welds, now.....BONDO !!
jdogg
Enighten us(me), JP...What's the thought behind welding the seams on the Targa bar??

PS It's all lookin' damn good!!
J P Stein
I've never liked the vinyl sails & chrome trim......but when they're off you have the pinch seams (+ holes) that are just as ugly......so I got a wild hair & decided to do sumthin' about it. DWD strikes again. IPB Image

Prolly lost a pound of weight IPB Image
neo914-6
The red 914 in an Excellence article last year had it's trim and spotweld flange removed. It also makes for a nice clean look... IPB Image
J P Stein
It's a tough weld to make. You can't grind flush with the surrounding metal as the outside pieces disappear (3 layers on the sails) due to their shape and you have to do it in sections cause you're removing the spot welds that hold them together.. Even leaving them proud by 1/16 (or so) you blow thru constantly.....just keep pouring the rod....stop, cool.....what ever works best. On the second side I got more agressive with removal of the seam......took out bigger sections and was thus able to make longer passes.
Jeroen
Hey... it's a race car! Ya concours weenie IPB Image
J P Stein
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jan 9 2005, 02:35 PM)
Hey... it's a race car! Ya concours weenie IPB Image

I hab no gud excuse.... IPB Image
Sammy
look mommy: another one has gone off the deep end IPB Image
Trekkor
JP, you're awes-s-s-ome. IPB Image

Keep goin' before they stop you IPB Image

KT
J P Stein
Once you start, you're committed.....kinda like the pig in a ham & eggs breakfast......the chicken is merely involved.
maf914
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 9 2005, 06:16 PM)
Once you start, you're committed.....kinda like the pig in a ham & eggs breakfast......the chicken is merely involved.

IPB Image That's good! IPB Image
TravisNeff
How purdy, how bout painting it with clear epoxy primer and calling it gud'
J P Stein
Ya'll prolly thought this thread was over......not till they pry my cold, dead fingers from this keyboard....or I'm done with this project.....and it could be a while.

I gotta get over this customcarcraze & get back to real racin' type stuff......shouldnt be long now....nuther month or so IPB Image

Clear coat over primer......humm IPB Image
Porsche Rescue
A'w right, give us a close-up of that work. Looks pretty good from 4 feet. I want to see it at about 2 feet. Or is your address on the cardboard so someone will know where to steal it? Then you can file an insurance claim and get your ass out of the mess you're in!
J P Stein
That's a 10 teraflop pixel picture, dude. The work is close to flawless IPB Image
Actually, I have a new jug of finish putty ready to go.

Hay, gud plan. I'll leave the shop unlocked all week and get a new Z06 sooner than I thought.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Jan 14 2005, 08:55 PM)
Or is your address on the cardboard so someone will know where to steal it? Then you can file an insurance claim and get your ass out of the mess you're in!

Good one James IPB Image Me thinks JP is Beyond the Point of No Return IPB Image

.....b
Rich Bontempi
It's looking good JP.

And by the way YPAF is true, just ask the competition.
J P Stein
QUOTE (Rich Bontempi @ Jan 14 2005, 10:27 PM)
It's looking good JP.

And by the way YPAF is true, just ask the competition.

Hay, Rich, I think your fenders are gonna work in spite of me IPB Image

Humm.......no windshield goes gud with yellow IPB Image
Rich Bontempi
You're doing great.

Bodywork is a dirty, time consuming, pain in the rear.

But it's great when you're done!
redshift
I have half a can of grey primer, when you are ready for finish, JP.

IPB Image

Bill, paint your car either Ford tractor blue, or Grabber Orange. I like it as it is though.

M
Bleyseng
I just read the whole damn thread and this is what happens when you give up smoking!
Lookin Good JP but the DWD has set in.....Wow, it should look great in Yellow.

Geoff
J P Stein
The back end is in primer.
Now for the front.
Porsche Rescue
Looks pretty good to me. Gettin' your confidence up for the color coat?
J P Stein
I got a deal on 2 cases of rattle can School Bus Yellow.
My confidence is high. IPB Image
TravisNeff
They sell epoxy primer that *is* clear at the local auto paint store, rattle can or shoot your own, gonna have to try it on something worth, well something...
Porsche Rescue
JP....tell me you're not serious. Or are you truly a masochist. All the shit you've been given about your primered home-grown flares is nothing like what you'll have heaped on you with "rattle-can school- bus yellow". Have you no shame? Wait, you don't, why did I ask? ULF will punish you!
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Jan 17 2005, 06:47 PM)
ULF will punish you!

Ya! no shitsky and so will Chuckie IPB Image

.....b IPB Image
Trekkor
Rattle can finish can look pretty good if you don't lay it on too thick. Runs are never good.

I'd rather see you use Rustoleum in the quart cans for $8 bucks each and shoot it on with a cheap cup gun. IPB Image

Actually a pretty good paint that can be wet sanded out after the cure.

KT
J P Stein
OK,OK, scratch the rattle cans. I'll unload them on the school district. IPB Image

I have an HVLP set up.....turbine compressor & all, tho I'm not real happy with the gun. I'm gonna look around & find one that's more manuaverable....& a gravity feed. I need to find one that I can hook to the turbine compressor as I really like the warm, dry, clean air it supplies.

I have a gallon of hi-build primer but am holding off on the top coat ....color & type till I get the body smoothed out.....also would like warmer weather so's I can open the doors & not risk killin' meself. I prolly won't shoot the thing till March. I gots lots of Rickey racer type stuff to keep me busy till then.

BTW, I think Chuckie is gonna buy his self a new ride.
Come summer, I'll hire a "pro from Dover" to see how fast the car is.....I'm sure it will be a humiliating experience.
Sammy
Pro from dover?
JP, them young-uns will have no idea what movie that reference is to.
We on the otherhand are old enuff to 'member.

I was thinkin (hard to believe) that iffn you left them fancy fenders completely off you could run any size tiar you want to, even an N-50 positraction!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 18 2005, 02:23 AM)

BTW, I think Chuckie is gonna buy his self a new ride.
Come summer, I'll hire a "pro from Dover" to see how fast the car is.....I'm sure it will be a humiliating experience.

Guess I am old too... I recognize the reference.

Can I bring the golf umbrella to fend off the nurses???? IPB Image
Porsche Rescue
I'm older'n JP but not as learned I guess. Who the hell is the "pro from Dover"? And can he/she drive?
RAR
MASH. This is just too easy... or I'm just too old.
Joe Bob
MASH...the original movie....crap....I'm #2 again.....

Heh...anyone heard from Toast lately? I need another suggestive pic from her....
ClayPerrine
Ok.. which character in the movie said that line?
RAR
What is Buffy doing?
RAR
Hawkeye (Donald Sutherland). It might have been Trapper (Elliot Gould) but I'll go with Hawkeye.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jan 18 2005, 10:08 AM)
Ok.. which character in the movie said that line?

Hawkeye?

Buffy is playing Paper, Rock, Scissors... IPB Image

Godamn it ta hell and back....second AGAIN?????
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (RAR @ Jan 18 2005, 12:15 PM)
Hawkeye (Donald Sutherland). It might have been Trapper (Elliot Gould) but I'll go with Hawkeye.

DING DING DING DING!!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! IPB Image
Joe Bob
BTW....Clay, that avatar looks like an eye on the otherside of a "gloryhole"....

That's a Hollywierd expression.... IPB Image
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 18 2005, 12:19 PM)
BTW....Clay, that avatar looks like an eye on the otherside of a "gloryhole"....

That's a Hollywierd expression.... IPB Image

You must have a vast experience with gloryholes to know what one looks like........

Actually I thought of the shower in the movie "Porky's"
RAR
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jan 18 2005, 10:17 AM)
QUOTE (RAR @ Jan 18 2005, 12:15 PM)

DING DING DING DING!!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! IPB Image

Who's the person, who's the person (politically correct form of who's the man)?
RAR
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 18 2005, 10:15 AM [/QUOTE)

Buffy is playing Paper, Rock, Scissors... IPB Image

Chick's got game.
ClayPerrine
Hawkeye.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.