Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Dealership photo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JeffBowlsby
The factory dealership list include a Perkins Porsche Audi, not Shulman. I wonder if this was a decal from second PA dealer in Parsippany or maybe Perkins changed names?
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 5 2014, 09:08 AM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 20 2014, 09:57 PM) *

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Feb 23 2014, 06:06 PM) *

Posted on Flickr yesterday. One 914 at Don Burns Volkswagen and at least four at Don Burns Porsche Audi.
click this link for hi-res Don Burns Volkswagen and Don Burns Prestige Porsche Audi image

Click to view attachment

Must...make...poster of that now! Thanks!

My poster of this one (43.5"x16.5") should arrive today. I am pretty stoked!

Sleeping,
Could you tell me how you went about getting the poster printed and the size?
My Canary Yellow came from Don Burns.. Great looking poster..
Thanks,914/Alan
euro911
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ May 25 2018, 09:43 AM) *
I was an 18 year old kid just out of high school in 1971, I had my first apartment and lived right around the corner from Vasek dealership on 1st place and would walk by the showroom almost daily. One day I saw a 908 race car sitting right next to a new 914-6 and was totally struck by the experience.... both were mid engined cars, both had the wheels way out on the corners of the car, they were also similar in size and stature.... Right there began my love for 914's. biggrin.gif aktion035.gif
Manhattan, Hermosa and Redondo became my main hangouts after I graduated from Morningside High in 1972. I almost bought a brand new 2002tii from Vasek's BMW dealership in '73.

I lived in that big old white house at the s/e corner of 6th and Hermosa ... and parking for a '68 Bug, a '66 Ghia, a '64 911 and a '67 VW bus was a bitch mad.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 20 2014, 04:05 PM) *

Is that the Don Burns Porsche/Audi (Volkswagen too) dealership here in San Juan Capistrano? I bought a few cars from there, and the old man was still in his office then and there were some DB 911 race cars still in the back. When it closed and became part of the newer VW dealership built next door, they went through all of the old Porsche parts and there was a treasure trove. One guy bought a brand new, never installed 911T motor off of the shelf! The building is still there, but it looks different.

Resurrecting this older thread & post while researching for history on my `73 914, which was bought new by my PO, the OO, at Don Burns Porsche + Audi of Garden Grove, California on 11/6/72 (according to my Cal-DMV reg cards from 12/75> as 2nd owner).

That was before they moved or added the SJC location which you mentioned in your post above Lawrence.

So do you or anyone else know if they were bought by, merged into, or otherwise carried on after the GG & SJC locations were closed, as another Porsche dealership which is still around in OC today?

It's a long shot, but they just might have an old file box or microfilm of the OO's docs & service records from before I bought mine, & maybe even an answer as to why it was repainted from Light Ivory, to Sahara Beige, to Gold before the OO bought it new from their GG dealership.

Cheers & TIA! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rhodyguy
Don't know how I missed this one. Great thread. That green car is stunning with the clear lenses and black bumper.
green ernie
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 18 2019, 08:48 PM) *

Don't know how I missed this one. Great thread. That green car is stunning with the clear lenses and black bumper.

Thanks, here's another shot of it.Click to view attachment
Coondog
Click to view attachment
Newport Beach
bandjoey
in Dallas. Would also love to find a license plate frames from this dealer. Bought my -6 there.
JeffBowlsby
smile.gif
second wind
I apologize for not knowing but in the Brundage photo the other car is an Austin Healy, right? My friend bought one in 2009 for about $10,000 and sold it for $18,000 a couple years later to try to save his house. He claims they are over $120,000 now. Who knew?
gg
URY914
QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 30 2019, 06:57 PM) *

I apologize for not knowing but in the Brundage photo the other car is an Austin Healy, right? My friend bought one in 2009 for about $10,000 and sold it for $18,000 a couple years later to try to save his house. He claims they are over $120,000 now. Who knew?
gg

A-H 3000
second wind
Turns out my friends car was a 1954 A-H 100 with the foldy windshield. More rare than the later A-H 3000. Oh well....I sold my '70 914/6 for $6k in 1979. Oh well again.
gg
Maltese Falcon
Downtown L.A. Porsche + Audi dealership, Washington Blvd + Figueroa St. original location....1976, 1st gen 930 turbo on the showroom floor.
I was picking up at the parts dept. and dropped by the sales floor to visit with Heinz Brinkmann, who sold me the 914/2.0 2 years prior.Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
...just drooling over the 3L turbo a little in 1976 biggrin.gif Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.