Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Deal w/ DRD Racing head ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ghianto66
Hello everyone..

My name is Ghie, I live in Indonesia. I have purchase type 4 bearing set from DRD, 3 set actually, 20 case STD crank, 20 Case 10 crank and 20 case 20 crank also set of 40 X35 type 1 valve cylinder.

As information ,I bought it in many for saving shipping cost.

I use my credit card for the transaction, DRD has debit it as per total price plus shipping cost.

I have them to clarified the bearing set should be steel backed, since they show me silver line as per they list on web.

Two days after, they reply my email and said that they don't have the silver line as that size. Since silverline only produce 20 case and std crank, but they gave me mahle as replacement but non of them steel backed.

I told them to canceled the order, but they said that package was about to ship.

Than they told me that they have partially credit my fund, so they will send me 1 set of type 1 valve cylinder and silver line bearing 20 case and STD crank.

But look I have receive, the bearing set is STD case and 10 crank in big box, which is soo consuming for shipping cost.

Have them emailed to clarified this, still waiting for them to reply.

Until know I never receive my fund back as they told me they have credit my fund.

Neme of the CS is Darren.

Any one could help me w/ this?

I have big open space for all any suggestion .

Thank you very much

Ghie
Harpo
DRD does nice work but they are expensive and slow to respond. Have you tried the type 4 store?

David
JStroud
It can be frustrating dealing with lousy customer service long distance, I've never dealt with DRD but I've heard of them. In the future try ordering from more proven suppliers, always have had good luck with EBS Racing, Pelican parts, PMB Performance, and I'm sure there's others.

Hope you get your issue resolved.

And welcome.png
Jeff
rick 918-S
Contact your credit card service and protest the charge.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 27 2013, 02:56 PM) *
Contact your credit card service and protest the charge.

agree.gif

Unfortunately, that seems to be your best option at this point ...
dry.gif
tscrihfield
I really hate this because Darren does great work. He just needs a guy fielding the calls and customer service... However, for a while I thought for sure I had been stroked as he didn't respond to any of my calls or emails after 4 months of having my heads. Then a very great world member pulled through on a visit to Darren's shop for me and he then got my heads processed.

Hope your issue gets cleared up! I also would direct you to EBS. They are a great group and have never done me wrong!

Thomas
76racer
Horrible customer service. I would never deal with him again. Very helpful and accomodating until he gets your money. After that never returns your calls or emails.
Darren, if you are reading this, it's no way to run a business.
jim_hoyland
Ghie,

Sorry to hear of your situation. The shop is near me and I have visited iI. It's a small operation, a one man show and a prickly one too. The owner is a hard worker and eventually makes good on customers works. Responses to emails are slow because the owner works all day in the shop. The place has a less than organized appearance- get the idea ?

I would recommend being patient; if you want your parts back, I can go over and get them and reship in your behalf. I cannot resolve any $ issues, you would have to be current.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.