Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stephane
I need your opinion , should I get a 350mm or 320mm diameter Monte Carlo? Do I need the Momo hub or would my current Racemark hub work?

thanks
Stephane
SirAndy
QUOTE (Stephane @ Dec 28 2004, 05:07 PM)
I need your opinion , should I get a 350mm or 320mm diameter Monte Carlo? Do I need the Momo hub or would my current Racemark hub work?

the 320 seems too small for me. i love the 350 i have ...

hmmm, maybe it's the 225 front tires? dunno, the 350 gives me more "leverage" and is still much smaller than stock ...

IPB Image Andy
Jeroen
depends how much you work out in the gym IPB Image

but seriously, just get a 350mm
lapuwali
The 350 only blocks the gauges a bit. The 320 blocks them a lot...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Dec 28 2004, 06:18 PM)
depends how much you work out in the gym IPB Image

but seriously, just get a 350mm

love my 350 prototipo IPB Image
Stephane
Can anyone tell me the bolt circle dimension on a Momo
steering wheel?
campbellcj
I'm pretty sure the Racemark hub does not work. You need a Momo/Sparco type of hub.

I had a 320mm Monte Carlo a few years ago and I liked the steering wheel a lot for its quick ratio and thigh clearance, but you really can't see the dash at all!

IPB Image

Now I have a 350mm (or 360) Personal Fittipaldi which is my favorite steering wheel thus far.
dinomium
I find that the Momo Top Power 350mm is the best for sitting in my garage and making porsche noises while I pretend to drive. From what I can remember, it was great to drive with too
You will need the correct Momo hub... Get the spacer kit too, otherwise you will be signaling and wiping your windshileld when you turn. Your hands will hit the stalks.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (dinomium @ Dec 29 2004, 01:37 AM)
Get the spacer kit too, otherwise you will be signaling and wiping your windshileld when you turn. Your hands will hit the stalks.

IPB Image
aircooledboy
I don't know what you are planning to use the car for, but I just thought I would throw this out there: I have a perfect 350mm Momo sitting on my tool chest because it was impossible to see the speedo with that wheel. I could turn the speedo itself so I could either see up to 25 mph, then again at 90+mph, or up to about 45 mph, then not again until 120. Talking to others, it sounds like the extent of the obstruction depends mostly on the height of the driver. I am about 5'11", and as much as I liked the look and feel of the wheel, it was just impossible to use it on the street for me. IPB Image
Series9
I have 320mm Momos in all my cars. Once I used one, I could never go back. I just turned the gauges so I could see them.
SirAndy
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Dec 29 2004, 09:37 AM)
I could turn the speedo itself so I could either see up to 25 mph, then again at 90+mph, or up to about 45 mph, then not again until 120.

yupp, i turned the tach 180 deg upside down and switched the blinker indicators. took a couple of days to get use to it but now it works great.
i also turned the speedo so i can easily see from about ~20 to ~100 (i have a 944 speedo) ...
the rest of the gauges are fine, but i have a 911 dash so your results may differ ...

IPB Image Andy
Stephane
Thanks for your input everyone! It's much appreciated !!

Stephane
soloracer
I installed a quick release system on my car and have no need for the spacers. The quick release was something like $100 US. I have a Momo hub and 350mm Monte Carlo wheel. I can take measurements and pictures if you like.
Stephane
Thanks Solo, I went ahead & ordered the wheel & the hub tonight. Gonna try to go without the spacer for now.
I'll see how that goes.

thanks
Stephane
TheCabinetmaker
Stephane, you have a PM
Elliot_Cannon
I didn't use a spacer cause I like the steering wheel far away as possible. I turned my speedo but the cable comes out of it at an angle. When I turned it the cable came out at a more acute angle and eventually broke the cable. My hand kept hitting the windshield wiper lever so I used a hack saw blade and shortened it up a bit.
cheers, Elliot
Gint
320MM Momo Raceline. I love it. Yeah, it blocks the gauges. Who cares!?!
Jeroen
QUOTE (Stephane @ Dec 29 2004, 03:50 AM)
Can anyone tell me the bolt circle dimension on a Momo
steering wheel?

70 mm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.