Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914 owner at CAMP 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Dennis Torgeson at CAMP after picking up his new to him 914. Dennis is a car and motorcycle guy. Has a 83 911 and a few motorcycles. One a Norton Commando. Dennis posts as 911914
74 2.0 with webers, Koni shox,19mm MC,sways front and rear,very clean rust free car.
CCLINOREGONAUTODEALER
URY914
Lucky guy. IPB Image Congrads
boxstr
And Dennis's new 914. Looks like it needs to be lowered a little.
CCLINDAMPCAMP
Qarl
The low profile tires look a little odd on that car.

It looks like it's been dieting or something...
boxstr
Yeah it needs to be dropped down a little all around. It looks better in person .
CCLINPRAISETHELOWERED
swood
QUOTE (boxstr @ Dec 29 2004, 09:05 PM)

CCLINPRAISETHELOWERED

aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!

ha ha ha! IPB Image
pete-stevers
Really like the color... IPB Image IPB Image
Cheers
DJsRepS
Beautiful car but put the tires on a Toyota or somthing cause they look funky there. Lowered suspension, Wider rims and flares to match then that look could work.
skline
Installing a rear valance might help it a little too. It always adds something to the car. Nice and clean car though.
boxstr
Good eye Scott. It was in the car not on the car when he went home.
CCLINREARVIEW
You are right boys, the tires will be the first thing to go. What do you suggest for a good street tire (few solo days) that fit the 5 1/2x15 2.0 liter Fuchs? Looking for good road handling (will be back roading it a lot) and good looks. Any ideas on who has the good deals? Also am putting on the pillar vinyl like original.
Thanks
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (911914 @ Dec 30 2004, 11:16 AM)
You are right boys, the tires will be the first thing to go. What do you suggest for a good street tire (few solo days) that fit the 5 1/2x15 2.0 liter Fuchs? Looking for good road handling (will be back roading it a lot) and good looks. Any ideas on who has the good deals? Also am putting on the pillar vinyl like original.
Thanks

Falken azenis 205/50/15 Youll be grinning for ever IPB Image
seanery
if Falken has the Azenis in 195/60/15 that would be my first choice, otherwise 205/55/15 would work.
Those should be a great street/autocross combo tire.

haha, aaron beat me to it.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (seanery @ Dec 30 2004, 11:19 AM)
if Falken has the Azenis in 195/60/15 that would be my first choice, otherwise 205/55/15 would work.
Those should be a great street/autocross combo tire.

haha, aaron beat me to it.

i WISH they made the azenis in a 55 series IPB Image
SLITS
I want the snortin' Norton... IPB Image Nice car- have fun with it
Porsche Rescue
Dennis, if you want to eliminate the low profile look you need to go to at least a 60 series. Also, 50 and 60 series will lower your gearing, good for accelleration, but higher rpm on the feeway, along with inaccurate speedo.
Take a look at my 205x60's next time you see my car. On some cars 205's require rolling the lip of the rear wheel arch. 205'/60s are 24.5", still a bit shorter, but closer to stock diameter of about 25.5". 195/65 is about the closest modern size to original 165's.
double-a
QUOTE (911914 @ Dec 30 2004, 10:16 AM)
Thanks

i'm running yokohama avs es100 on mine, 205/55/15. they really stick, and the difference over stock tires was amazing, like a different car. highly recommended.

~a
Hay Slits,
You are right about the "snortin Norton". Riding it is like riding a horse that does not like you. The minute you take your eyes off of him and look away, he turns and bites the hell out of you! That is what the Norton does, will buck you off the minute you are not paying attention. Requires CONSTANT attention to riding or you pay the price. Great bike tho, has a lot of character that my new Kawasaki doesn't have. But boy, did those Brits have their heads up where the sun doesn't shine on bike technoligy(sp?). "We have built them like this since 1932, why change now"!
Anyway thanks you guys for the info on tires, I will use your advise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.