Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trip Odometer reset knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plas76targa
I can't reset my trip odometer cause it's frozen. IPB Image I've pulled the speedometer and it's going in for refurbishment. I have the cable out and it's soaking in WD40. How's it supposed to work? Simply turning it to reset the trip OD ... or do you pull or push the knob (up or down) then turn it? Are replacement cables and knobs available?

Thanks,
Matt
bwilless
You turn it. But don't turn it while driving, it will break your odometer. Ask me how I know.
Joe Ricard
The cable should turn pretty easy. it drives the gear on the trip odometer. Each of the numbers turns the one next to it until they all match and then you stop it at "0000".
plas76targa
Bwilless - thanks for the 'heads up' on don't reset it while driving. I'll try to avoid that once I get the speedometer back in the car.

Joe - With the speedometer and cable removed I can turn the numbers with the cable and they 'flip' exactly as you describe. My cable must be frozen just where it is attached to the dash board. I can't turn the cable/knob within the 'bolt' that holds the cable on the dash. Perhaps soaking it will clean out the crud in it.

The PO had refurbished the car before selling it. He must have sanded the whole car prior to painting it. There is paint/sanding dust in every crevass of the car. I imagine it's this crud that has caused the trip odometer cable to be frozen.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement cable?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.