Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 lug "cookie cutter" sizes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
david63
Wondering about the 5 lug "cookie cutter" sizes. Only seen 7 inch and would like to know if other sizes are available. Will the 7 inch fit under a non flared 914-6?
jimkelly
I think 7's may fit depending on tire size used but 15x6's will fit better on narrow body car.

that said 15x6 is not much wider than 4 lug 15x5.5.

two of my favorite pics of an orange-ish narrow body 914s with cookies.
TomR
I've got a '73 narrow body. I'm running 15x7 cookie cutters. Tires are 205/50/70Rs. They fit perfect.
david63
QUOTE(TomR @ Jan 2 2014, 10:13 PM) *

I've got a '73 narrow body. I'm running 15x7 cookie cutters. Tires are 205/50/70Rs. They fit perfect.

I know they are not as desirable as the Fuchs but for some reason I like them. Are they OK for AutoX rims (not DE's, just AutoX)? Thinking about getting a set of 15 x 7
carr914
Cookies look great on a 914!

Click to view attachment
02loftsmoor
David63 any pictures to post?? I'd like to see your set up

CptTripps
I believe mine are 15X8....and they fit on my 75' non-flared body just fine.

(I'm actually going to sell them after I'm done with my project.)
brant
factory produced there were only 6's and 7's..
(8's would have to be custom made after the fact)

I've always preferred the 6's
a very good looking wheel and always fits under stock fenders

the 7's can fit, but I've had a couple of cars that they would not fit on with out pulling and massaging

brant
Dave_Darling
The 7s are unlikely to fit in the rear of the car with 205-width rubber unless you do some fender modification. Might be as simple as mashing the fender lip flat, might be as complex as "rolling" the fenders outward. There are some 914s they do fit in, but those are the exception rather than the rule. (You gotta love semi-handbuilt cars.)

Cookies are just fine for autoX or DE wheels. They're cheap and not that heavy. The Fuchs are generally lighter in the same sizes, because they are forged instead of cast, and they tend to be stronger. That's why they are better regarded and usually cost more. But there's nothing wrong with the Cookies, especially if you inspect them for cracks before you get them.

--DD
Luke M
I've had a set of 6 x 15 cookie cutters on my 70 914 with 205-50-15 all around.
I never had a problem with them rubbing anywhere. I drove the car hard at autox's and track events w/o any issues. I also temporarily put them on my 6 ( did not drive the car ) and fit fine. Both cars are narrow body as well.
SirAndy
QUOTE(brant @ Jan 3 2014, 07:23 AM) *
factory produced there were only 6's and 7's..

agree.gif
Only 6x15 and 7x15 from the factory, anything other is custom.

The 7" can be made to fit under the stock rear with some creative pulling of the fender.
smile.gif
SLITS
I run 15 X7 with 185/65/15. A little close on the driver's rear, but no problems at all and my speedo is dead on (checked with GPS).

No, I don't need a wider tire on the /6.
Dave_Darling
185s on 7" wide wheels?

Your tire guys must love you... I know some that b*tched quite a lot about 195s on 7s.

--DD
JRust
Yeah get the 15x6 cookies. They work perfectly. I have a set on my 72 biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 3 2014, 06:16 PM) *
I know some that b*tched quite a lot about 195s on 7s.

Besides me? I still think it's dangerous to stretch a tire too much ...
shades.gif
914Sixer
70-72 cars do not have the lip inside the wheel well that the 73-76. This makes using 6 & 7 inch wheels hit and miss some time depending on the tire size.
campbellcj
The #214 car above is mine from years ago (version 2). Those were 15x7 cookies with Kuhmo 205's. They fit fine BUT the rear fenders were aggressively rolled and also pulled outward slightly. It was not really visible but was necessary for clearance.

Cookies are great wheels for the money. I think I eventually sold that set for $250 and they were pretty darn clean!

(Since then I have flared the car and now have 9's with 245s in back...unfortunately the flares will not allow 275s.)
david63
Wes, this is the car that Rich Lambert turned me on to. The guy that did this conversion did it right. 3.0, factory heat exchangers, suspension mods, S brakes, lots of original 6 parts, built on a no rust 74.

For once I purchased a car that someone else spent all the money on and I was in the right place at the right time. All I have done is change out the air filters for K&N's. I love the sound and I don't drive the car in bad weather (dust storms, etc).

The only things I am looking at down the road are installing a front oil cooler, do a couple of gauge mods and send the radio in to have it updated for ipod, etc. The reason for this post is because I am considering a set of 15 x 6 cookie cutters to put some R compound tires on for AutoXing. I want to leave the 15 x 6 Fuchs alone. They are perfect and have good street tires on them. I posted a bunch of pictures, forgive the spots on the lens on a couple of them.

QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Jan 3 2014, 08:05 AM) *

David63 any pictures to post?? I'd like to see your set up

SLITS
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 3 2014, 07:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 3 2014, 06:16 PM) *
I know some that b*tched quite a lot about 195s on 7s.

Besides me? I still think it's dangerous to stretch a tire too much ...
shades.gif

Tread width on the tires is 7" ... no stretch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.