Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Actually got something done today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Finall got around to start putting my motor back together. Only have 1 picture I can post but there will be more as things progress. So far I have the crank back together.
DJsRepS
I dont see a torque wrench in the pic. You set your rods with that vice grip. Just kidding. What cam are you using? Carb or FI? 2.0L ?
jwalters
IPB Image Where is your rear main seal and "O" ring at????
Allan
Not to worry, vise-grips are calibrated IPB Image Everything torqued down properly. Actually, after getting this far, my son stopped by and we reassembled the cases. IPB Image I will post some pics of that a little later.
It's going to be a stock 2.0 w/D-jet and a slightly modified Elgin cam and euro pistons. Gonna continue on today and hopefully get the P/C's and heads on.
DJsRepS
Sounds great GOGO Djet. I like the Djet
Allan
Okay, so far I have the cases back together, the distributor indexed and in (Had to rotate the clamp about 45 degrees though IPB Image ) hopefully correct. Motor is up on the stand. Got the oil pressure relief in and the oil pump (Except for the front plate due to a torn gasket IPB Image ) installed. Didn't get the heads lapped today so hopefully tomorrow I will have time for that and to install them. And my camera has problems IPB Image .
Allan
Finally got the camera to work. So here is where I am so far.
Allan
Another.
Allan
Now which way do these Euro pistons go in? They have no arrow. And what's up that they do not come with the retainer cir-clips?
Allan
Just an update on what it looks like so far.

Allan
I know, last one was just like my avatar.

Allan
Another

Allan
More
Allan
Last

TravisNeff
looks good kemosabe.. I did the same aluminum paint on my fan shroud too, looks good!
jd74914
What kind of paint did you use on the tin and fan shroud and what colors. I really like it smilie_pokal.gif , and my engine is getting pulled for a rebuild soon?
Allan
I used an industrial enamel on the tin that we have at my office. I'll try to find out who makes it. All I know is the can says RED. wink.gif The fan housing was painted with regular rustoleum aluminum paint.
newdeal2
Rusto is actually pretty good. My tins and fan housing are holding up fine so far.

BTW...those don't look like euro pistons...I see a dish. Mine are dead flat.

Allan
Actually that's a raised area. Seems to fit okay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.