Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price check on isle 5, 1974 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
brant
I have had 2 of these cars in the last 4 years with zero rust...

actually absolutely zero rust on any exterior panel...
(I'm sure that there would be some surface rust inside the longitudinals (inside....where you would have to cut the frame open to inspect)

so yes
speeder
Ok, thank you. The some of the rust, (but not all), in my photos is extremely minor surface rust such as on the floors where the paint has been worn-off and it's bare metal. You can brush off the orange powder with your fingers.

This of course does not apply to the rust around the jack point.
speeder
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 10 2014, 11:26 AM) *

My only Comment was a Tongue in Cheek Joke. I think some of the Guys were too hard on the 1.8 vs 2.0 Debate ( I happen to think were wrong, but)

You didn't help yourself by Posting about Zero Rust & then showing Rusty Pictures. Argueing didn't help either.

A lot of the comments were spot-on as they told you to look to see if it was a LE. Personally, I could give a Rats Ass about LEs and the Debate about whether they are more Rare than a 914-6. IMHO, they are a Nice 914 with an Ugly Paint Job!

Could not agree more.

I'll plead guilty to declaring it rust-free before doing a true 914 inspection and even to being a cantankerous prick. But not to being a liar or a film-flam man. WTF would I post pictures of the (later discoverd) rust if I was trying to pull a fast one with this car?? SMH...

Once again, if I sell it, I want to disclose everything possible about the car and invite any further inspection. It also has some repair and maintenance history from a respected SoCal Porsche shop.

Lastly, in the integrity dept., I do not delete or edit my previous posts even if they show me to be wrong about something. They will stay.
speeder
A couple more questions; my COA info says nothing about a radio or antenna, was that standard equipment at the time? The car clearly has an old style radio plate and (rubber plugged) antenna hole.

Also, was the original LE front spoiler metal? Mine is FG. Aftermarket replacement?

Thanks.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(speeder @ Jan 10 2014, 01:46 PM) *

Lastly, in the integrity dept., I do not delete or edit my previous posts even if they show me to be wrong about something. They will stay.

Yeah, Denis if you go back and read post #9 (and then #48 & #50) of this thread, I think that's where the misunderstanding with biosurfer started.

Regarding your COA, the radio and antenna were dealer installed options, not listed (or rarely listed) on a COA
The LE spoiler is fiberglass, white gelcoat.
carr914
QUOTE(speeder @ Jan 10 2014, 04:05 PM) *

Honest question: has anyone ever seen one of these cars with zero rust, unrestored? I'm truly curious, not trying to debate.

YES

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
a good thread gone bad. read enough after finishing page 3.

congrats on your purchase. glwts or happy motorvating, which ever path you choose.
speeder
Cliff notes version for anyone who does not want to waste time:

I bought a 914. Thought it had no rust. Looked in most of the typical places cars rust and did not see any. Was very excited about the car and posted on the internet about my score like a proud hunter dragging home a bull moose with huge antlers.

Turns out the moose had some cosmetic surgery in the past and possibly a sex change. Egg on my face, embarrassed on the almighty internet. Got accused of being a fraud/liar/scammer and the grinch who stole x-mas from some people with serious childhood trauma over being duped on the whole Santa Claus deal. Also got some rational responses, just to be fair.

That's the short version. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.