Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - 911 style tail light options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bulldog9
I know this is not a 914 topic, but I know there is a lot of cross family knoweledge here, would appreciate any feedback or experience you may have.

After fully disassembling and cleaning my tail lights (76 912E), I have decided they are FUBAR. The PO had broken most of all the tabs off the board holders and hot glue gunned or JB welded in place and the whole thing is a corroded mess, basically a rewire and complete rebuild is needed. With all that I have to do, I think this is wasted time and ##

I see a few options. Would appreciate any feedback on your experiences.

1. Do the rebuild - estimate $150-200 for parts plus time and aggravation
2. Go for an RSR kit (rebel racing)- $350 4 Bulbs, will look different, but with the big rubber bumper delete, may look good.
3. Go for a Set of original Tail Light housing and lenses from Pelican - $1200
4. Go for a set Tail Light housing and lenses from Sierra - $450
5. Hope for a deal in the Forum/Ebay or Swap Meet.

I am CHAFING at this as I thought I only needed new lenses here and a good cleanup, but these things are horrid. These wont be needed untill late summer so I have time, but I like to plan/look way in advance to get the best deals. Either way I am going to cut in some waterproof connectors to help with future removal. For all his Genius on the rest of the car, Ferdinand was logically challenged in how he designed the wiring for the lighting.....
carr914
This is Joe O'Briens

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and Nelson's

Click to view attachment
scotty b
1: assuming by the title you are asking about 911 tail lights ??

2: If so, go to the Hershey swap meet and find a set of good used ones, most likely from a later model 911. they aren't all that expensive

3: new lenses will be the biggest expense , but good used can be found
Eric_Shea
Put a WTB in the Pelican Parts 911 Classifieds. A 912E is a very cool car. I would make it "stock". No RSR etc.
r_towle
DC automotive is down you way....it's a porsche dismantler.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.