Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle pedal return spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shuie
Where does this attach on the pedal cluster? Over the pivot ball on crank? Does anyone have a pic? I don't see the spring at all in PET. I can see the holes in the side of my center tunnel for the other end of it.

IPB Image

TIA
wildman
I don't think that's a factory part, I haven't seen one on any of the cars i've worked on at least.
Dave_Darling
That doesn't go on or near the pedal cluster.

It probably goes between the throttle arm (on the throttle plate) and a flange on the plenum, or possibly onto another piece of sheet metal nearby. I seem to recall a long coil-spring going to the engine tin on my old 1.8 engine.

--DD
shuie
Really? It was attached to the center tunnel of my 71. I at least thought I remembered having something similar on an early '70s 911. This is my first 914 and it was in pieces when I got it . The car must have just been modified at some point. Who knows. Oh well. Thanks again of the help.
Cap'n Krusty
Nope. Not on a 914, nor ANY 911 or 912. Ever.

The Cap'n
WPEngels
I'm not sure but that looks like the spring that I threw away since I couldn't find where to put it. headbang.gif Luckily, I got it out of the bin before that was emptied. Somewhere on this forum I found a picture of this spring.

I thinkit holds the cover of the compartment under the drivers armrest.

I took the photo attached to this message. There is a plastic tube/cover around the spring.

Wilbert Engels

Click to view attachment
partwerks
The one on the arm rest flap is too short, probably the throttle return spring?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.