Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
So, i have a charcoal canister. To quote a capn, "ive nothing against ye squiddy, its just i heard ther was gold in yer stomach". Same show different capn.

The thing is like that though. I have no reason not to hook it up. But i need an air pressure source from the fan shroud from my 3.2, and i cannot find it, as well as a low pressure receiver on the engine. I will probably replace the original rock hard hoses from the 72, but need help. The repair manuals and parts books have not been illuminating.
Low on the priority list for many, but still if you know maybe you can help.
toolguy
the pressure side was a small hose fitting on the center rear of the fan fiberglass shroud. . the vacuum side was to the air cleaner.
SirAndy
QUOTE(worn @ Jan 13 2014, 08:50 PM) *
if you know maybe you can help.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=108524
smile.gif
worn
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 13 2014, 11:39 PM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Jan 13 2014, 08:50 PM) *
if you know maybe you can help.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=108524
smile.gif

Actually, you might know Sir Andy. The missing information is the pressure outlet position on the shroud. I won't be using the original 3.2 air box, so I can figure the other out. My shroud appears to be ABS or similar. I have it taken off at present and perhaps the hose rigs to one of the ducts, but I cannot find a nipple or port on the shroud itself, as indicated vaguely in my sources. Great link, thanks.

Most people have probably deleted this in a conversion, but I figure I might as well scrub the fumes. We don't have photochemical smog, but still...

Thanks again.
toolguy
This is what you're looking for. .
hose in center
worn
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jan 14 2014, 10:04 AM) *

This is what you're looking for. .
hose in center

Well, yeah! You have it exactly first.gif . But it isn't on my shroud I don't think. Added after? At any rate that is what I will do. Thanks.
toolguy
Not added. . thats the factory outlet for 911 and 914-6. .
It's a fixture that is pop riveted on. . see if someone has one off and old shroud
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.