Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery plug in 914 wiring harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mwood
Have the harness out right now for some stripping and cleaning and cant figure out where this plug would go.
I have a 72, not sure if it was efi or carb, i would think it was a carb but i dont know the year they started selling efi (73?)

If someone knows what it is, i would also like to know if the harness will function without it being plugged in.

Thanks alot.
Sorry about iphone pics
Mwood
Here it is dead-on
JeffBowlsby
It goes to the Ignition switch!
reharvey
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 19 2014, 02:47 PM) *

It goes to the Ignition switch!

agree.gif
You're not going anywhere without that plugged in!
Mwood
Oh god nice ...

Thanks for the help
Kirmizi
agree.gif
You've also got some snipped wires there, so that would affect the corresponding portions of the harness.
zambezi
And by the way, ALL 914-4's were originally EFI
Dave_Darling
One exception to that: The European-spec 1.8 liter 914s in 74 and 75. Those had a pair of single-throat Solex carbs.

But yes, all other four-cylinder 914s were built with one form of fuel injection or another.

--DD
SLITS
The cut yellow wire is your starter (solenoid power) in the start position

I can't tell the color of the other wire, so I can't tell you what it is for.
Mwood
thanks all for the info it is much appreciated.

one more question:
will the flow diagram for a '74 914 found on pelican be accurate
for a '72 as far as wire coloring?
I am trying to reconnect my headlight and hazard light switches (only switches retained after harness strip) and I stupidly forgot to take pictures of them before I took the harness out a couple months ago. the flow diagram would be helpful because it has the color of the wire going into the specific pin names on the switches.
Im pretty sure i could go through the wiring diagram and retrace each wire that should go into the headlight switch from its source on the relay board or elsewhere but it would be so much faster if I could just plug them in based on their coloration on the flow diagram.
I have been through google images and ebay for pictures but none of the picture switches have had wires whose color 100% matches the ones in my harness.

thanks
Mwood
EDIT: nevermind
figured this one out on my own. Im just making an ass out of myself on here but it ends now haha.

the 1971 wiring diagram has the names of pins on the interior switches on it at the points they connect on the harness with the wire colors

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.