Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S F/T 914 v8 conversion new add
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
fongbros
I'm sorry. I tried to delete my old post, but the board said I never started a post. If a moderator would like to contact me, we can delete the old post.
I have a 1970 914 with a Chevy V8 conversion. I am looking to sell the complete package (not the car - just the conversion) or trade for a nice 2.0 preferred big bore with carbs. The conversion is in my car right now and appears to be a Ron Simpson. I have owned the car for about 10 years. The engine is from an 82 Camaro and has an edelbrock performer intake, Weber 4 barrel carb, Pete Jackson gear drive, hotter camshaft, headers, etc. Estimated hp is somewhere between 250 and 300.
I have been in PCA since 1986 and have had quite a few 914's. I hate to see this one just sitting there.
You will be getting everything that is on my car that you will need for your car. This includes the entire cooling system (that works and has double fans), the engine and all pieces to attach the engine to your car(it has new motor mounts that attach directly to your engine bar), the rear coils springs, lengthened shift rod, transmission mounts, etc. As you can see by the pictures, the headers need a new coat of paint. The engine was spotless, but my car sat outside under a cover for 3 months and when I wet sanded and buffed the paint, it got the engine a little dirty. I have wiped it off, but it was detailed to the nines and should be easy for you to clean if you choose. The engine also has a new gasket kit on the timing cover, oil pan, valve covers , etc. Finally, as I recall there is a Kennedy 3500lb clutch. I am looking for 2 thousand for everything. If it is on my car and it is needed to convert your car, you get it.Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=432
774]Click to view attachment
euro911
Click on your screen name, then click the 'Profile Options' button, scroll down and click on 'Find Member's Topics' (this will be a list of threads that YOU started)

Here is the original thread: Link
euro911
Also, here are the 'rules' pertaining to posting classified ads shades.gif

Link
dgale914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 20 2014, 01:24 PM) *

Also, here are the 'rules' pertaining to posting classified ads shades.gif

Link

This doesn't look like a Rod Simpson conversion kit of parts. Cooling system is extremely dated and the fan will never work in a hot climate since it's not shrouded and only covers a 5th of the radiator, the trans mounts are crude pieces of flat stock, etc. To be honest...... The parts you have for the conversion are not worth much - certainly not $2000 even with the motor. Just sayin so you don't get you hopes up too high.
fongbros
I only put the price because i was told I had to. I am open to offers. The car came from Georgia and does not get hot. There is a second cooling fan on the back of the radiator. If nobody wants it, it's no big deal. I'm just throwing it out there. And yes, your car collection is fantastic. I would love to have any one of them, let alone all of them.
euro911
Your car appears to be set up to handle the power of a V8 ... why not make a few upgrades here & there and keep it as is?
fongbros
Thanks. I may do that. I just threw the ad out there to see if anyone had any interest.
boxstr
I am just curious. Do you know if your 914-V8 was in the Pacific Northwest, before you got the car?
It looks very much like my very first V8 914. Fourt followed after that one.
Craig at CAMP
fongbros
I don't have an answer directly to that, but I will tell you when I bought the car, it came from Georgia, was all gray primer with no flares and had Empi 8 spoke wheels on it. If you think it was yours and have more info, please get in touch. The rear trunk is carpeted, and the removable top was covered in vinyl. There was also a goofy looking rear wing on the back trunk and a porsche reflector between the tail lights. I may have some pics of it from when I first bought it somewhere. The primer was someone's poor attempt at hiding a hideous school bus yellow paint job.

QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 20 2014, 09:00 PM) *

I am just curious. Do you know if your 914-V8 was in the Pacific Northwest, before you got the car?
It looks very much like my very first V8 914. Fourt followed after that one.
Craig at CAMP
euro911
QUOTE(fongbros @ Jan 23 2014, 12:07 PM) *
The primer was someone's poor attempt at hiding a hideous school bus yellow paint job.
When I was in high school, a friend got a part time job in the body shop of a local taxi cab company ... late one night when everybody was gone, we painted my old Bug - taxi cab yellow.

What the heck - it was free biggrin.gif
fongbros
Right there with you. In high school I painted my girlfriends bug with leftover appliance paint my grandfather had from work. Cant beat free
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.