Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark Plugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'74 2.0 with dual 40DCOE Webers, Web Cam hydralic cam and lifters and MSD ignition. Car presently has Bosch RO 282 plugs in it. Any recommendations on what plugs would be best for this type of motor? Parts place does not even list this plug number for Bosch but shows a NGK B 6 ES. What do you think? This is just a street car.
Thanks
joea9146
Use the NGK thats what I use
Is the NGK B 6 ES the correct one?
lapuwali
DCOEs? What manifolds are you using? You have a picture?

As for plugs, Bosch W7 seems to be the plug of choice.
Mueller
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jan 3 2005, 04:33 PM)
DCOEs? What manifolds are you using? You have a picture?

As for plugs, Bosch W7 seems to be the plug of choice.

sidedraft carbs????
James, good observation. 40DCOE's are on my '69 Alfa Veloce, # just stuck in my head. On 914 just a standard looking downdraft duel Weber, can't find a number on them (#'s are on top in my Alfa, can't see on these downdrafts since too small engine compartment to see them). What is standard Weber number for 914 set up?
Thanks.
Aaron Cox
DCOE's are like IDF's on their side....

im betting you have web IDF's
lapuwali
You said dual carbs earlier, so they're either IDFs (look rather like DCOEs turned on end), or ICTs if they're single-throat carbs. It's possible they're not Webers at all. They may be Dell Orto DLRAs, which are also commonly fitted, and look very similar to IDFs. If they're single-throat carbs instead of dual-throat, they may be Weber ICTs or Solexes (which were fitted OEM to the Euro 1.8s). There's even an outside chance they're Solex P-IIs, which are another two-throat carb much like the IDF, fitted OEM to 356s and 912s. I've seen some Type IV Solex manifolds out there.
Dave_Darling
The NGKs are very good. Bosch W7CC is also recommended. Not the cheapie Bosch platinums (nor the Platinum 2, nor the +4).

--DD
James,
Dual carbs, one on each bank (side). They are Weber's and do look like DCOE's on their side so must be the IDF's you mention, just didn't see this name on them.
Dave,
Is the correct number for the NGK's B 6 ES?
Thanks
DJsRepS
Dont go to Discount or Advance. They crossed two non resistor plugs into ones that had a resistor. The first time it was crossed into an AutoLite (the 4 letter Ford word)
jwalters
IPB Image I have had tremendous success with the +4 bosches----I have pics of them on my tear down thread.

I know not everybody has had good results with these--and others have had excellant results ( me included) but I run a very hot coil (msd blaster 2) to fire them.

Just my $0.02
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (911914 @ Jan 3 2005, 04:31 PM)
Is the correct number for the NGK's B 6 ES?

I think that's the right one. But I'm not certain.

--DD
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jan 3 2005, 06:03 PM)
The NGKs are very good. Bosch W7CC is also recommended. Not the cheapie Bosch platinums (nor the Platinum 2, nor the +4).

--DD

Look DDD is doing his Capt'n Crusty imitation....

I use NGK BCP6ES plugs.

The "C" in there indicates a 5/8 socket head instead of the 13/16 socket. Smaller spark plug socket makes them easier to change.
MXMARK
The BCP6ES is also a projection tip. The tip hangs lower into the combustion chamber. I thought the 914 needed a projection tip plug? I don't know? Mark
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jan 4 2005, 10:26 AM)
Look DDD is doing his Capt'n Crusty imitation....

Heh.

Actually, I've always said that the cheapie Bosch platinum plugs were crap. Sometimes I said so in "gentler" words, but the underlying message was always the same.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.