Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fog lights in a 75/76
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
How hard to put fog lights in a 75/76 that has not had hem before? Were the cars prewired for them? How hard to cut the bumper hole w/o it looking like c**p? Have the switch and lights do I need brackets?
TheCabinetmaker
The wiring should be there. I've got 2 sets of rubber bumper covers with fog holes in them. If ya want one its yours.
Bleyseng
IIRC the fogs mount on the bumper so its a real easy install if the bumpers off.

Geoff
ewdysar
Me too! I want to do this too.... IPB Image

Any detailed info on this upgrade will be greatly appreciated....

Eric
Chris H.
General tip:

For anyone using their existing bumper, just make sure you have the mounting brackets on the metal piece that is under the bumper cover. Some '75-'76 cars did not have them for some reason. You can crawl under and shine a flashlight up into the underside and you should see them.

The wiring should be there at the front of the car and also behind where the switch goes in the dash. The lights are the same as the ones used on 911s of the era so they should be easy to find. You can get replacement lenses pretty cheap too. It really improves the look of the car.
scotty914
its very easy to do just take a sharp razor knife and cut out on the edge of the recess, its only like a 1/6 thick around the edge. i used 19 dollar walmart lights. my bird post shows what they look like. and if you want to convert the lights so the operate independant of the high low beam just read this bird post

hope this helps
StratPlayer
I added these to my 76, got these from a guy in Germany.
StratPlayer
on the car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.