Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible group buy: Gauging interest for...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
I meant to post this up a long time ago, but never found the time. Now there's a potential need. I developed this part when I first did my SDS install, ran it for two years and it worked pretty great. It's an aluminum plug that plugs the port on the block for the distributor. This is great for anybody who is running some sort of crank fired ignition. I'm posting to see how much interest there would be in such a product for a group buy.
This is what I came up with originally.
Click to view attachment
The boss with the o-ring goes down into the port to seal it off, and the hole on the other end goes over the stud that holds the distributor clamp. This was a first draft. There would be some updates, including some pretty anodizing(wub.gif) and a jacking screw for removal, but the basic idea worked very well.
Price would probably be around $35 per part with anodize. Though that's not final, and if we can get a number of guys committed to a group buy, that price would likely come down. This thread is just to see if there's enough interest to make it worth my while. I'm hoping to get at least 20+ guys to sign up for this. Please reply if you would be interested. Thanks for your time.
Mark D.
ablesnead
will definately buy one
ClayPerrine
Not to belittle your part, but why not use one of these...

IPB Image

It's an expanding rubber plug, available at your local ACE Hardware. I used one for 2 years on my crank fired ignition before the pickup coil failed.

JStroud
McMark has these in stock at Original Customs, they even come with his logo on top. aktion035.gif

Jeff
BMXerror
QUOTE(JStroud @ Feb 2 2014, 03:57 PM) *

McMark has these in stock at Original Customs, they even come with his logo on top. aktion035.gif

Jeff

Really? I'm not seeing it. As a matter of fact, I'm not seeing any products. What am I missing?
Mark D.
EDIT: I'm reading something now about his FI systems only being available to engine build customers.
McMark
Yeah, I've got about 50 made up. Your price is a little cheaper than mine, plus yours is anodized. wink.gif If you wanna run a batch, doesn't bother me any. I made mine mostly for myself and my in-shop customers, but they are available.
BMXerror
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 2 2014, 04:07 PM) *

Yeah, I've got about 50 made up. Your price is a little cheaper than mine, plus yours is anodized. wink.gif If you wanna run a batch, doesn't bother me any. I made mine mostly for myself and my in-shop customers, but they are available.

Is that laser etched? Looks nice! thumb3d.gif My price may be cheaper because I would be machining these myself instead of commissioning them.
Mark D.
Mark Henry
Mine in the '67 bug is a upright fan, I use the dizzy hole for the oil fill. wink.gif
Dtjaden
Mario at the Dub Shop has one available for $20.

QUOTE(BMXerror @ Feb 2 2014, 03:03 PM) *

I meant to post this up a long time ago, but never found the time. Now there's a potential need. I developed this part when I first did my SDS install, ran it for two years and it worked pretty great. It's an aluminum plug that plugs the port on the block for the distributor. This is great for anybody who is running some sort of crank fired ignition. I'm posting to see how much interest there would be in such a product for a group buy.
This is what I came up with originally.
Click to view attachment
The boss with the o-ring goes down into the port to seal it off, and the hole on the other end goes over the stud that holds the distributor clamp. This was a first draft. There would be some updates, including some pretty anodizing(wub.gif) and a jacking screw for removal, but the basic idea worked very well.
Price would probably be around $35 per part with anodize. Though that's not final, and if we can get a number of guys committed to a group buy, that price would likely come down. This thread is just to see if there's enough interest to make it worth my while. I'm hoping to get at least 20+ guys to sign up for this. Please reply if you would be interested. Thanks for your time.
Mark D.

BMXerror
icon_bump.gif
BMXerror
Gonna pull the trigger on this. There's enough interest to get it going. I'm not sure exactly what the time scheduling will be, but I'll hopefully have finished parts between the middle and end of next month. If there's any further interest please PM me. Also, please PM me what anodize color your interested in. I'm undecided on this point, and can probably do a couple different colors. Black, blue and red are the common ones. Here we go.
Mark D.
jimkelly
that is a pretty part - nice job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.