Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Flywheel Pricing and Quality.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tach
What do you think of these flywheels for the price at $170.00? There are other vendors selling flywheels near this $170.00 price range. They are about $160.00 cheaper than some others that are online.

http://aapistons.com/shop/flywheels/vw-lig...mm-12v-222.html
I just bought one. ..I asked another member here that also bought one and he had no issues/ problems. .
tach
QUOTE(396 @ Feb 3 2014, 06:26 PM) *

I just bought one. ..I asked another member here that also bought one and he had no issues/ problems. .

Thanks, Did you get a new clutch, pressure plate and a throw out bearing also? If so, where.

Thanks again.
Mark Henry
The thing that concerns me about the new one I got is I don't see one single balancing drilling anywhere.

They either got it perfectly balanced or it is not balanced at all.
I really have my doubts on the perfect balance theory, but I let you know as I'm having it balanced (whole engine) within the next few weeks.
QUOTE(tach @ Feb 3 2014, 04:41 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Feb 3 2014, 06:26 PM) *

Thanks, Did you get a new clutch, pressure plate and a throw out bearing also? If so, where.

Thanks again.

As for clutch, European Motors...also I had the whole assembly balanced..no the fly wheel was not balanced as sold.
McMark
I bought a conversion flywheel from them (Type 4 in a Type 1) and the boring around the crank was wrong, both ID and OD. So it wouldn't fit on the crank, and the seal would have worn out quickly.

But that is a different unit/design than their stock flywheel which I haven't used. I would recommend measuring carefully before use.
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 3 2014, 09:09 PM) *

I bought a conversion flywheel from them (Type 4 in a Type 1) and the boring around the crank was wrong, both ID and OD. So it wouldn't fit on the crank, and the seal would have worn out quickly.

But that is a different unit/design than their stock flywheel which I haven't used. I would recommend measuring carefully before use.

My type 4 flywheel is already bolted up to the crank/ case. No issue + I contacted another member here that is already utilizing it for some time with no known issue.
cary
Another option ..............
http://www.europeanmotorworks.com/vw/type-4-flywheel.html

No dog in the fight. Just info.
QUOTE(cary @ Feb 3 2014, 09:20 PM) *

Another option ..............
http://www.europeanmotorworks.com/vw/type-4-flywheel.html

No dog in the fight. Just info.

Correct, just passing on info. Enjoy your day
AfricanHijinx
I just bought the clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing from Oreillys for 274 shipped
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.