QUOTE(old dog @ Feb 5 2014, 09:44 PM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Feb 5 2014, 05:10 PM) *

Four over 3 years my Renegade dual fan setup worked flawlessly. Both fans were setup to come on at once at full speed. Wanting to reduce the noise of the fans, I rewired them according to the diagram below that others have used and were happy with. I have carefully checked and rechecked my wiring with the diagram. Here is what happens.

If you trigger Pin42 C1 (low speed-both fans running in series), you can hear the relays but absolutely nothing happens. No fans start, and no wiring melts.

Triggering Pin33 C2 (high speed-both fans at full speed in parallel), Fan1 starts and all the wires connected to 87a on relay 3, 87 on relay 2 instantly start melting).

I have a 6 gauge wire running from the battery to the fans. All wiring used to connect the relays and fans was 14 gauge. The wires coming out of the fans is 14 gauge. A direct ground is bolted to the shell in the front trunk.

I am at a loss, at what is going on. Obviously, I must have something wired incorrectly but like I said, the connections are exactly as the diagram shows. confused24.gif
Any help would be appreciated
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

If relay #3 is the incorrect relay, and 87 and 87a are joined , then that will cause the reaction you are describing. Make sure on #3 that when 85,86 trigger...30 does not go to both 87 and 87a ....got it ?

I believe the wiring diagram is correct, you have an incorrect relay plugged in, which is not at rest on 87a , but which has two 87 poles instead. Sorry I was so inelegant at expressing this last night.