Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 wireing harness needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shoeak
Looking for a complete wireing harness for my 914/6.
Does anyone have an idea where I could find one or is someone out there who builts them??
Any help is appreciated:

Thank's
Axel

Cairo94507
Hello Axel and welcome.png

I have a brand new NOS wiring harness that is going into my '71 Six during the restoration. The original, stock harness was removed and we still have it. It was going to Jeff Bowlesby here so he could have a pattern to reproduce these as new.

After that happens, if you still have a need, I would consider selling it. Not sure how quick you need a harness. I am guessing it would be 1 year for my original harness to be available.
914itis
Are you using a six or a 4 relay box?
McMark
welcome.png

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Show us your car! biggrin.gif
shoeak
@ cairo94507 - I've heared from Jeff already but as I know he is just doing /4 harnesses.
One year will probably be too long for me to wait but who knows how long it will finally take to finish the car.

@ 914itis - don't realy know the difference between a 4 and 6 relay box. I asume it's a 6!!??

@ McMark - pics will be provided as soon as there is something to see. The car is completely apart and currently in the body shop. It's a full resto of a -6 GT becoming a race car.
Cairo94507
Shoeak-Well keep an eye on my build thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=188776

and once we have my new wiring harness in and all is good, then my original will be available. But it will likely be 1 year unfortunately.

**I would be willing to do this assuming this is an original Six you are working on. If not, then I would hang on to this harness for an original Six. I got the feeling you had a real Six????
914itis
Can you explain what you are tryng to do. Are you converting from four to six?
If you are you may need a four harness to match the relay board. We need more info.
shoeak
It"s a real six with a 914 chassis number and it's a ground up resto.

Cairo94507
Excellent! Can't wait to see some pictures. As soon as my harness is available we can talk if you still need one.
rick 918-S
welcome.png We like to see the work in progress too thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif welcome.png
shoeak
This is how the car looked before we got started.
Right now the car is in the body shop - totally stripped down - some welding has to be done and soon it will be ready for the next step.
I will post more pics as soon as the bodywork is completed and we're ready for paint.
JoeSharp
Thanks for the pic and welcome.png
mepstein
Is this the 6 that was sold by a world member from AZ about 2 years ago? I think they were asking $15K
Cairo94507
That car looks familiar. Does it have oil coolers inside of the foglight grill openings? Was it owned by a fireman from California?
shoeak
You guys are right. This car was for sale some time ago.
Now it's going to be restored and will be a race car built to FIA regulations.
This is the status of last weekend.
Still needs some time in the body shop.
Click to view attachment
DEC
welcome.png smilie_flagge6.gif smilie_wirdgut.gif
shoeak
java script:emoticon(':headbanger:','smid_32')

Found an almost new original 914/6 harness.
I'm very happy that my search in the end was successfull.

@ Andy - will call you anyway when I'm in LA.

Axel
Cairo94507
Cool. Post more pictures of this car and your progress please.
shoeak
It took a while but now the car is almost ready for paint.
Soon assembling will start.
Can't wait to see the car in August when I'm back in the US.

Cheers
Axel
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif Looking good ... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.