Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - 914 1.8 liter engine upgraded to 2 liter - SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
infraredcalvin
For Sale Core 2.0 Engine - $1000 OBO

Rebuilt in 2000 or so due to a stripped spark plug thread, put less than 5000 miles then put car into storage, has been sitting in climate controlled warehouse since. Engine fired and ran approx. 1x per month, then removed from car about 5 years ago, hand turned every few months thereafter. Ran great when stored, reason for sale is that my car is undergoing a very slow 6 conversion. I'm calling this a core because it's been sitting for so long, it should be gone through and dusted off. It comes with everything as pictured, no exhaust and no engine mount cross bar. Fan has at least one blade missing due to a bonehead maneuver by me while hand turning engine. No compression or leak down numbers as it's been sitting a while.

Just about all the parts were purchased from GPR and Pelican. Some specs that I found from receipts:

94mm Euro Mahle pistons and cylinders 8:1 compression
Used crank and rods: inspected good and matched at GPR, new bearings and bolts were used for rebuild
New solid lifters
New (mild) camshaft GPR p/n: 021109021F (as recommended by GPR)
All new bearings, seals/gaskets, pushrod tubes

Heads were rebuilt by Tuttle's Parts Exchange in Baldwin Park, CA (he rebuilt my 1.8L heads at my request vs an exchange). Spark plug hole welded and repaired, checked for cracks and repaired. New valve guides, checked reground valves an necessary/springs checked mating surfaces and decked as necessary.

Tins are powder coated yellow, in great shape, no rust, cracks/tears in metal (that I know of)
Resurfaced flywheel with new ring gear, rebuilt injectors, new starter, rebuilt alternator, new thermostat (spring type) all have less than 7k miles.

I'd rather sell as a whole unit, but if I don’t' get any activity I'll start disassembly for part out. Let me know if you have any additional picture requests, but it might take a few days as it's not at my house. I'll be happy to ship, but buyer needs to arrange details as I really don't know where to start with that.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
euro911
If it's a known running engine (or was without problems when parked), I wouldn't part it out.

Your price is close to attractive for a complete rebuilt low-mileage motor.
Markl
would you be able to put it on a pallet for shipping?
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(Markl @ Feb 6 2014, 04:00 PM) *

would you be able to put it on a pallet for shipping?

It's sitting on one now, we could discuss best ways to fasten to the pallet and I can wrap the heck out of the engine with shipping plastic. I could also drop at a local to me shipping center. My zip is 92694.
infraredcalvin
Bump
Cfletch
pulled out of a 914? im interested in the engine and im not too far away from you
infraredcalvin
Engine has been sold.

Thank you 914World!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.