Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice on master cylinder change
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
Sorry if this has been covered...
Changing master ; do filler lines get pushed in or do I need to pull out rubber inserts , push on to lines then reinstall.
Don't feel I am getting them in all the way.
Thanks
CptTripps
Mine pushed into the rubber things.

Not sure if I ever did one where I pulled them out first. That may be one way to do it though.
Cap'n Krusty
Washer. Grommet. Metal lines. Put them in AFTER the washer and grommet are installed. I use small vise grips and a hooked puller.

The Cap'n
jimkelly
yeah - sometimes, less pressure gets them in, vs, the fierce pressure you MAY feel is needed.
yeahmag
I gave up after 3 attempts and pulled the grommets out and put them on the lines per the Pelican article.
euro911
Try seating the supply lines before bolting the MC up. You may need to unbolt the reservoir to give you enough slack.
sixaddict
Thanks all.... Last time I go so irritated I left loose and let the shop do it.......refuse to do that again........I think!
sixaddict
MC bought from major 914 vendor......has no "washers"
Anybody know for sure if that is an "issue".........would like a "second" opinion from someone who knows for certain.
Thanks
Cap'n Krusty
Yes. Get them from the old one. Did the new one (you bought "Ate", right?) come with the rubber grommets? Note: If you bought a Chinese master cylinder, you'll have a chance to get really good at the R&R and bleeding procedures, IF you live through the brake failure ...............

The Cap'n
bulitt
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 12 2014, 12:29 PM) *

Anybody know for sure if that is an "issue".........would like a "second" opinion from someone who knows for certain.
Thanks

If the MC came with grommets the washers may be under them. Take a look.
sixaddict
Pulled grommets
They were not there
Called and asked ....of course "no worries"

QUOTE(bulitt @ Feb 12 2014, 12:38 PM) *

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 12 2014, 12:29 PM) *

Thanks

If the MC came with grommets the washers may be under them. Take a look.

mepstein
My ate mc came without washers under the grommet. I reused the washers from my old mc. I would not leave them out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.