Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One more piece in the 6x6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
a914622
Sweet I got the suby 6 speed today. Cable shift, limited slip and 6 gears! smash.gif
Now this just got a lot more fun!!
David J
Can the Subie 6 speed be converted to 2WD with the Subaru gears kit or is it a different process?
CptTripps
I've heard Yes...and I've heard No.

Never seen one completed though. (At least I don't think any of the builds I know are 6-sp)
a914622
Yes same idea but bigger splines. I'm going to be making the swap stuff. The gears are a little wider than the 5ers and I think the shafts are bigger. Same length as a 5. 2inch longer than 915.
I have a 5 speed on the stand to compare to .
skeates
let me know if you need any blow-up diagrams for the tranny. I've got the FSM for the 2010 Outback and they happened to offer it with the 6 speed.
a914622
Thanks for the offer but it's already apart. First thing I'm working on is trying to make the center diff run backwards. I think I can make it work in the vanagon without spending 1500.00 on gears. I also have an end nose drawen up for the 5 that has the 914 ears on it and the end plate for the vanagon on it. I'm going to try to incorporate the cable shift like the 6 and make one.

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.