Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 2.0 rebuilt injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sea Dragon 914
Does anyone know where to send injectors to get them rebuilt and how much it costs? I have a few leaky injectors (not the hose leaking) and was wondering.

Thanks, SDR
Bob L.
http://www.witchhunter.com/

$22. each

I haven't used them but have heard good things.
Sea Dragon 914
Thanks for the info. I have at least 3 to send to them. I'll post when I get them back and try them out.

QUOTE(Bob L. @ Feb 15 2014, 08:53 PM) *

http://www.witchhunter.com/

$22. each

I haven't used them but have heard good things.

914_teener
I have used Witchhunter as well.

However.... I would try and match a set of four for flow. Send an extra one if you have it in case they find one that is bad.
jcd914
I have found if the injector body leaks there is nothing that can be done for them.
You should also be sending them a complete set of injectors so all 4 are clean and working well.
Heard good things but I have not used Witch Hunter but according to their website they test the opening/closing speed of the injectors, the spray pattern and the flow rate. They document it all and send them back with injector seals.

Jim
JeffBowlsby
They pressure test them. If they don't hold pressure now, they won't then either. If they leak they are junk. One of the sellers in the classifieds has a new set...jump on them.
Cap'n Krusty
Agreed. Leakers can't be fixed.

The Cap'n
Jake Raby
I have a set of 2.0 injectors that have less than 2K miles on them, if anyone is interested. They were new in 2005 :-)
mepstein
mr injector $16/each great customer service. cleaned, tested and come back looking like new. I used them before and I will use them for my 3.2 injectors when the time comes.
SLITS
The "Rebuilding" process:

1.) Solenoid coil is tested for ohms ... 2.5 is the value. Pintle is inspected for broken or bent (if so, injector is tossed).

2.) Barrel is media blasted to clean it ... barrel is repainted (steel part)

3.) Inlet micro-screen is pulled out

4.) Unit is placed on a machine and tested for leakage (if it leaks between the barrel and plastic top / bottom, injector is tossed).

5.) If no leaks, unit has cleaning solution passed thru it for an unspecified amount of time.

6.) After cleaning process, injector is tested for flow rate and spray pattern.

7.) Pintle cap and micro-screen is replaced. Injector is oiled, put in a bag and shipped back.

Supposedly Python Injection had the molds to make new plastic tops but they never did it and are now out of business. Instead of calling the process "rebuilding" they should refer to it as inspection and cleaning. The solenoid assembly is not replaced.
Sea Dragon 914
Thanks for the info everyone.

Bummer. I guess I'll toss them and look for a pair (or set).

SD
ConeDodger
I've done this with very good luck on a Datsun 2.8 EFI motor. Marren Injection was who I used. I sent a dozen junk yard injectors. Four were junk.
JawjaPorsche
Witch Hunter gives you a print out on the flow rate of each injector. A good person to deal with. Would highly recommend.
gunny
I used mr injector. I'm very happy. Won't charge you if the injector is bad.

http://www.mrinjectorparts.com/
mepstein
If they are already leaking, I would set them aside and find some different ones.
jeeperjohn56
I used them for my injectors, great service and quick turn around and they give you a flow rate chart of each one. I will use them again when it come's time for the 3.2. John
TJB/914
914er's Question???

I have a # of 2.0 Liter F.I. Green injectors with the 90 degree elbow (hose) factory attached. If I send them out will they come back with the 90 degree hose still attached??? I sent some out (locally) a few years ago & they removed & destroyed the hose to test & repair. I didn't like that. Wondering???

Tom
JawjaPorsche
Hoses are removed at Witch Hunter. If good, remove before sending.
timothy_nd28
+1 with WitchHunters. I enjoyed the data printout they supplied, it's a nice touch. You'll never know just how truthful that printout really is, but I'll take their word on it. biggrin.gif
With today's ethanol fuels, I wouldn't hesitate on replacing the short rubber hose elbows, even if they look okay.
Jake Raby
We use RC Engineering for injectors. All the services are pretty much the same, but the guys at RC seem to have the best attention to detail. They don't have the cheapest prices, but thats not what its all about.
budk
Another + for mr. Injector, great price includes the flow rate printout and quick turn around. Of course, that's only for those that are not leaking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.