Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Undercarriage Seam Sealer Diagrams
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Emmel
Needing some information on the undercarriage correct seam sealer layout , this 914 is a complete sandblasted restoration and just about ready for seamsealer and undercoating on the undercarriage. Also does anyone know if there is seamsealer in the fender to cowl gap or is it open . Looks like there was something there do to some impurities in the metal in the gap . Any help from you the 914 experts would be greatly appreciated . Thanks -Ryan
Mikey914
QUOTE(Emmel @ Feb 19 2014, 11:10 AM) *

Needing some information on the undercarriage correct seam sealer layout , this 914 is a complete sandblasted restoration and just about ready for seamsealer and undercoating on the undercarriage. Also does anyone know if there is seamsealer in the fender to cowl gap or is it open . Looks like there was something there do to some impurities in the metal in the gap . Any help from you the 914 experts would be greatly appreciated . Thanks -Ryan

PM me your address I can drop you some diagrams Friday.
-Mark
mrbubblehead
mark, could you post it up? i would like to see it too.
Mikey914
Pretty sure I remember seeing it in the rear of the 914 factory manuals. I will not be able to get to it til Friday, but no problem.
-Mark
nathansnathan
There is this from the big vw porsche book (DGVWP)

IPB Image

"vorhandene Löcher" = existing holes

"zu bohrende Löcher" - holes that need to be drilled

"zu verpfropfende Löcher" - holes that need to be plugged

"Hohlraum-Versiegelung - sinnvoll nach jeder echten Restaurierung" = cavity-sealing - useful after any real restoration

The factory manuals say just "after the completion of each body panel, all seams and welds must be sealed with VW D 17 sealing compound."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.