Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jerry Seinfield's collection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Eric_Shea
He heard that my wife was a big fan of the show and he showed up at her birthday party.
Gave her a silver CGT.

At least he remembered he birthday... cool_shades.gif
carr914
Here is Jerry in the 917 with the Gmund coupe in the background at Rennsport.
carr914
He was negotiating to get this Daytona winning 962C. I don't know if he got it or not. I overheard 475K and that was 2 years ago.

T.C.
URY914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 1 2006, 09:24 AM) *

He heard that my wife was a big fan of the show and he showed up at her birthday party.
Gave her a silver CGT.

At least he remembered he birthday... cool_shades.gif

It good to have friends that rememeber stuff
(some guys NEVER seem to forget...)
Eric_Shea
lol3.gif
pete-stevers
come-on jerry we know your lurking....
North Bay 914
I was told by a reputable source that Jerry owns this GT. I was told that he prefers very original cars, and this one is suppose to be one of the most original GT cars in exsistance. Its the Alfa GT, bought by Alfa Romeo to study a factory PORSCHE race car at the time.

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/factory_9146_g...s_alfa_romeo_gt
JPB
Jerry I love you if you are looking at this stuff. Jerry and 914's, I thought he collected Porsches?

hide.gif Okay, who threw the cabage? The schmit dosen't hirt as bad as the cabage.
JPB
QUOTE(North Bay 914 @ Jul 1 2006, 06:50 PM) *

I was told by a reputable source that Jerry owns this GT. I was told that he prefers very original cars, and this one is suppose to be one of the most original GT cars in exsistance. Its the Alfa GT, bought by Alfa Romeo to study a factory PORSCHE race car at the time.

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/factory_9146_g...s_alfa_romeo_gt

Okay, no schmit required since I just schmit myself.
sixerdon
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jul 1 2006, 07:07 AM) *

I have read reports that Jerry owns a 916. Anyone know for sure?

Would seem natural that he would be attracted to one as he seems the like the rare limited special production cars.

That 916 you are refering to is now in the hands of Richard Sloan.
www.sloancars.com

These two guys are trading cars back and forth and if there were ever two people vying for "who ever dies with the most Porsches wins", these are the two.
BTW. The 916 is priced at $350K.

Don
GeorgeRud
Doesn't George Hussey of AA own one of the 916s? I thought there was an article several years ago where he showed the Porsche factory conversion of a 914-4 into a 916, seemed kind of a hack job - OK for a prototype though.
Quilmes

>I was told by a reputable source that Jerry owns this GT. I was told that he prefers very original cars, and this one is suppose to be one of the most original GT cars in exsistance. Its the Alfa GT, bought by Alfa Romeo to study a factory PORSCHE race car at the time.<

You are correct smile.gif he does own this White 914-6 GT, and he does prefer only the real thing.
I spoke with him and his buyer the guy who pick him the white GT at Rennsport II, He was a very nice person and has a true love for great cars and speed. He was checking out the Luftahnsa 914-6 and made a coment on how clean it was.

Quilmes
campbellcj
FWIW, I just saw the white GT this morning so it's definitely still 'around'. smile.gif
Jenny
cool_shades.gif

Jen
Bleyseng
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jul 3 2006, 02:14 PM) *

FWIW, I just saw the white GT this morning so it's definitely still 'around'. smile.gif

Come on Chris, post a pic!

we won't tell Jerry.
rickyhgarcia
QUOTE(mskala @ Jan 8 2005, 08:43 PM) *

I think it's true Jerry's a guy who respects the marque and also
does want things to be perfect. Here is a Gmund couple he
bought, that was being prepared before the Rennsport Reunion
(did anybody know if it was there). The shop owner told us
that Jerry wanted to keep the original hand-done finish.

Yup...this car was at Rennsport II...bare aluminum...right next to his 917K (#20) used in the LeMans movie.
Bleyseng
hmmm, I thougth Bruce McCaw had the #20 917 used in the movie. Maybe he sold it....I saw it run at the Seattle Historic Races (SOVERN) a few times. Way cool car and loud.
alpha434
You forgot to mention Jerry's 550 spyder. He drove it in the Colorado Tour the year before last.

Yeah. The man's got a good love for good cars. I wasn't big on his show though.

Gustl. Jerry's show got cancelled (or whatever) back in the twentieth century, and it's still re-running on 10 different channels. Nuckin' futz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.