Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jerry Seinfield's collection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
pete-stevers
I here Gerry has some 200 Porsches and wanted to build a big shop for all of them.... but the question is... how many fourteens does he have in the collection, and does his mechanic use chopsticks too? IPB Image IPB Image
Root_Werks
Dunno, but did you notice in almost every episode, you can see a Porsche or a picture of a Porsche somewhere.

Also, in EVERY episode, there is a reference to superman, everyone somewhere.
bjorn jacobson
Don't know if it is a rumor but I thought I read somewhere, maybe on this board, that he has a GT. In any case he has to have a pretty spectacular collection. Wonder if hae ever checks out the club? Would be fun to BS 914s with him.
BJ
Bleyseng
There was a guy on Rennlist( I won't use his name) who used to take pics of the cool cars leaving the storagewharehouse cuz he worked acroos the street. Saw lots of cool cars leave the area, 550's, 914/6, 356's but there was a problem with that, damn. It was soo cool to see things cars in the light of day!!!

Geoff
Jenny
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 6 2005, 11:57 AM)
There was a guy on Rennlist( I won't use his name) who used to take pics of the cool cars leaving the storagewharehouse cuz he worked acroos the street. Saw lots of cool cars leave the area, 550's, 914/6, 356's  but there was a problem with that, damn. It was soo cool to see things cars in the light of day!!!

Geoff

He did it here too, I'm pretty sure. IPB Image

Our little Jerry stalker! IPB Image

Jen
URY914
200? IPB Image No way.

25 race cars
25 911's
25 928's
25 924's
25 356's
25 914's
25 Boxsters
25 ?????

I'd say maybe 20.
pete-stevers
Well you know how the rumor mill works... and how can you be sure the guy has only twenty? 200 would stil be pocket change!
as far as chosticks goes I think they use the unbreakable kind, oh sure the might bend but break? Heck no...
And remeber any press is better than no press at all!! : IPB Image
Bleyseng
No Jenny, he got into trouble before this bbs started.
bet its close to 20 cars
GWN7
At least 5 in NY.....LINK to his NY garage story
URY914
Bet Jerry uses wood chop sticks only on that 917. IPB Image
mskala
I still have a copy IPB Image

In it they have one 914, it is white, with flares, and what looks
like the rubber lid hold-downs like racers use.

Oh yeah, and some crappy 917 and 911R, etc IPB Image

IPB Image
airsix
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Jan 6 2005, 12:13 PM)
And remeber any press is better than no press at all!! : IPB Image

That's absolutely right. There have been many times it would have been handy to have a hydraulic press, but I was able to get by with my little benchtop arbor press. Any press is better than none at all. IPB Image
-Ben M.
i love porsche
im almost sure he has a CGT, ive seen pictures of him in one, and i think he may own at least one 914-6 GT, in excellence he always spoke well of them
Stutgart46
I was fortunate enough to meet Jerry at the Rennpsort Reunion II in Daytona. I've gotta say he is reall a nice guy. And truth be told, I think this guy likes Porsches just like the rest of us. He was driving a sweet 917. I got an autograph, I know I'm a dork, but this guy is an icon.
airsix
There it is folks. Jerry drives a 917. The unspoken law requires that only nice things be said about him (Easy for me - I like him).

-Ben M.
retrotech
I have been selling at the LA Litterature Meet at the Hilton for the past 10 years. Jerry has been a regular there. He has bought models from me in the past.
This year I have some Hand Carved, wood, 15" scale models of the CGT. I am expecting/hoping, he will buy one.
aylanco
Jerry is atrue enthusiast--he likes 'em all!

He is active in the 356 scene owning some pretty nice cars, including the last production 356, a white cabriolet.
He also owns an original condition Gmund coupe, one of the 50 or so hand built cars from Gmund, Austria when "Dr Inge F. Porsche Kronstructionen AG" was located there during and after WWII. Gmund cars were built in '48 and '49.

He owns the first production 911, with a California license plate that reads "FIRST" and he owns the last production air-cooled 911 (pre-arranged purchase with the factory) with a California license plate that reads "LAST".

In other words, he does all of the same stuff we would do if we had his resources!
Gustl
Hey, don't beat me, but ... who is this famous Jerry?

IPB Image Gustl
Joe Bob
QUOTE (aylanco @ Jan 6 2005, 02:45 PM)
Jerry is atrue enthusiast--he likes 'em all!

He is active in the 356 scene owning some pretty nice cars, including the last production 356, a white cabriolet.
He also owns an original condition Gmund coupe, one of the 50 or so hand built cars from Gmund, Austria when "Dr Inge F. Porsche Kronstructionen AG" was located there during and after WWII. Gmund cars were built in '48 and '49.

He owns the first production 911, with a California license plate that reads "FIRST" and he owns the last production air-cooled 911 (pre-arranged purchase with the factory) with a California license plate that reads "LAST".

In other words, he does all of the same stuff we would do if we had his resources!

Jerry Seinfeld's collection is nice....I see him every year at Dunkel's....never spoke to him. Never felt the need.

Not being a snob but living in Santa Barbara I see stars all the time....as to his license plates. Those are not legal plates. They are show plates.....if you look closely they will have no registration tags.

Anyone can get a plate made that looks damn near pefect...but ya gotta have that TAG....
Joe Bob
Oh yeah...I did drive by him...he usually wears a baseball cap pulled down low.....in Frankenstealth....I read his lips when he said "What the Fuch is THAT?"

BTW....there are a few other stars that do 914s....Steven Spielbergh haunts Dunkel's as well....he always seems to come by and buy something from me....
airsix
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 6 2005, 02:55 PM)
BTW....there are a few other stars that do 914s....Steven Spielbergh haunts Dunkel's as well....he always seems to come by and buy something from me....

David Letterman has a 914-6
Steve Martin drove a 914 on the set of the Tonight Show back in the Carson days. Don't know if it was his or not.
I have a strong suspicion that George Clooney has a 914 as he's been seen in one in both an episode of ER and also in the movie Intolerable Cruelty. If it was only coincidence it makes for an interesting statistical anomoly.

-Ben M.
aylanco
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 6 2005, 02:52 PM)
....as to his license plates. Those are not legal plates. They are show plates.....if you look closely they will have no registration tags.

Anyone can get a plate made that looks damn near pefect...but ya gotta have that TAG....

Duh, I never even thought of that!

Oh well, I guess I figured that a guy like that could somehow get those plates IPB Image
john rogers
A couple of years ago Jerry actually came to one of San Diego's stadium driving events..... Didn'tdrive though
d7n7master
All right, truth be known.
Gerry has been on this board for quite some time.
Gerry's AKA is Miles... IPB Image IPB Image
dheinz
Jerry appeared at Hershey a couple a years ago with the baseball cap pulled down low. IPB Image
URY914
He heard that my wife was a big fan of the show and he showed up at her birthday party.
Gave her a silver CGT.

Nice guy.

IPB Image IPB Image
Jake Raby
Supposedly he ended up with a 2270 of mine for a 356 a couple of years ago..

Thats all hear say from a Porsche club member in that region.... Says he saw the RAT serial number and DTM shroud a mile away..

When I looked up that number it was sold to someone from New York...... Dunno, maybe he has someone buy things for him..
pete-stevers
Miles eh? Hats off to Gerry/Miles, perhaps George, and Kramer will show up too ? Eliane is a hot tomoto!! do ya think she likes the old Porches....Perhaps.... IPB Image IPB Image
steve
lapuwali
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jan 6 2005, 05:15 PM)

Thats all hear say from a Porsche club member in that region.... Says he saw the RAT serial number and DTM shroud a mile away..

When I looked up that number it was sold to someone from New York...... Dunno, maybe he has someone buy things for him..

He definitely has people buy things for him. Harry Pellow and others have told stories about dealing with these people and only finding out later they were proxies for Jerry.
aylanco
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jan 6 2005, 05:30 PM)
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jan 6 2005, 05:15 PM)

He definitely has people buy things for him. Harry Pellow and others have told stories about dealing with these people and only finding out later they were proxies for Jerry.

Yup He purchased a local (Michigan) 9,000 mile Carrera Speedster through one of his "people". The car was sold by Vic Skirmants (356 fame) for the widow of Bill Roemig, the car's owner since new in '58.
carreraguy
Gustl:

I noticed your question. JERRY Seinfeld is a big comedian (TV/stage) over here and well known as a Porsche lover. Supposedly he has one of the best P-car collections in the US/world.
campbellcj
AFAIK Jerry only has 1 914; I am quite certain there's only one 914 on the west coast, at least. I have no idea what cars he has in NY (or elsewhere) these days.

It's white and either a real "GT" or M471 car; I am not sure which or frankly not exactly sure what the difference is.

By far the majority of his collection is 356 and 911 cars.

Or so I've heard IPB Image
dinomium
have you seen the the short with Jerry and Superman driving thru the desert?
Its GOLD I TELL YA GOLD! It isnt on the AMEX site anymore... try it here
IronHillRestorations
Hey Dino, isn't that Putty dressed like Superman in cartoon???

I'm going to start a celebrity 914 owners thread.
dinomium
yes it is Puddy! and PLEASE do NOT include my in your listing I like to be "under the radar" if ya know what I mean! IPB Image
ws91420
There was an article in Excellence about an Romstech that mention Jerry using a go between to purchase stuff. The Romstech was previously owned by a friend of his.
Jake Raby

Yup He purchased a local (Michigan) 9,000 mile Carrera Speedster through one of his "people". The car was sold by Vic Skirmants (356 fame) for the widow of Bill Roemig, the car's owner since new in '58.

Yep and I have worked on the sister car to that very one... It was rolled by Bill at a race in 1961 and fully restored taking 12 years to complete..

Here it is, they were consecutive serial numbers- Seinfeld has car #28 and this one is 27. Car 28 was the "driver" car and this one was the race car. It raced at Lemans in 1959
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/pics/ca...rera/index.html

Till you have worked on a 300K car as perfect as this you haven't experienced hell... Especially when it belongs to the most anal French Chef in the world... This is a link to his restaurant
www.joelrestaurant.com
He also owns the last German made VW convertible ever sold in the US... Its Massive equipped even though it only had 27 original miles on it and the dealer license plate when it arrived at my shop.
blaize
As to him owning a Carrera GT, yes he has one and in fact he got the first one in the country. I am a P-Tech and around the time he got it I went to the training facility in Atlanta for an unrelated course, I spoke to one of the instructors there and he told me that they had yet to get their two cars to train on, but Jerry had his. Apparently for about two weeks he was the only person in the country to have one. He is VERY well known to Porsche, as you can imagine, and they treat him very well.

The rest of his collection I do not know about, I have heard that the lions share is 356 and chrome bumper 911, but that was all just gossip from guys who work in his neck of the woods.
Stutgart46
I know he has a 1988 Carrera in Black that he repainted after it hit 3K miles. He wanted it perfect. It is.
He also has a great Conda Green 1970 911S and a 911R.
I have an insider that does a lot of work for Jerry on the West Coast. From what I hear and what I have seen all of his cars are perfect or on their way to being perfect.
mskala
I think it's true Jerry's a guy who respects the marque and also
does want things to be perfect. Here is a Gmund couple he
bought, that was being prepared before the Rennsport Reunion
(did anybody know if it was there). The shop owner told us
that Jerry wanted to keep the original hand-done finish.
smg914
Yep, the Gmund Coupe sure was at the Daytona event. I was quite impressive to see one of these hand made 356's. He had a binder sitting on the front fender showing and telling the compete history of the car. The car looked completely original. Interior and all.
VegasRacer
Jerry might own the car - but guess who owns the porcelain show plate? cool.gif
blabla914
Speaking of celeb 914 owners. I just started a new job. One of my co-workers saw my car and told me Dr. Phil used to give him tennis lessons. He would come pick him up in a 914. He was only 9 or 10 at the time and always found it funny they would put their rackets in the front. Evidently Dr. Phil is still an avid car guy, don't know if he still owns the 914.

Kelly
Gustl
congratulations John thumb3d.gif

this porcelain plate gives me the missing info, why this Gmünd Coupe has this specific license plate mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif

you might know that Gmünd is a little village in Corinthia, Austria
this district should have a license plate starting with a K - therefore the famous Porsche #1 had the license plate "K 45.286"

IPB Image

but Jerry's car's license plate starts with a T ... which stands for Tirol (my area!!)
well now, the porcelain plate says, that's an ex Otto Mathé car
this guy was a really famous race driver from Innsbruck, the main city from Tirol, about 20 miles to the east from my place

Otto Mathé got famous for various things, the most impressive was that he still won most of his races with only one arm - he lost one at a racing accident ...

Otto Mathé also had some 914 relation - he owned that M471, but never drove it

IPB Image

sorry for hijacked.gif ... thought it might be interesting ...

wavey.gif Gustl

gregrobbins
I have read reports that Jerry owns a 916. Anyone know for sure?

Would seem natural that he would be attracted to one as he seems the like the rare limited special production cars.
redshift
I have no 916.. I mean Jerry has none that he know's of, I mean I know of..

:jerry:
ws91420
Found an article not sure of the date but it says he has 47 at the hanger. Also said he bought a 1600 speedster for his wife for 40k.
http://www.tribute.ca/tribute/0300/starcars.htm
DEC
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 1 2006, 06:56 AM) *

c

IPB Image

sorry for hijacked.gif ... thought it might be interesting ...

wavey.gif Gustl

Gustl,
you know that is not a real M471 bootyshake.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jul 1 2006, 05:07 PM) *

I have read reports that Jerry owns a 916. Anyone know for sure?

I'm afraid nobody can tell for sure idea.gif
(well, Jerry could)

these are the cars I'd consider as "owner in question"
914.1.43.0195 - does it still own that guy in SC ??
914.2.33.0015 - is it really gone forever or still stored away anywhere or even restored ??
914.2.33.0017 - ownership recently changed ... now top secret ...
914.2.33.0020 - does it still own that guy in FL ??

feel free to post your knowledge biggrin.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
Gustl
QUOTE(DEC @ Jul 1 2006, 05:58 PM) *

Gustl,
you know that is not a real M471 bootyshake.gif

Wilco, I know that you know that I know wacko.gif biggrin.gif

but "M471" writes easier than "later M471 wannabe conversion with 916 style bumpers on it" wink.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.