Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eastern Caravan for WCC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3
VegasRacer
If you want to keep track of all the travelers, you have to read all of the different threads. I talked to Rick and hour ago. He is about 2 hours outside of town now. I just got off the phone with Joe. He will be here in 30 min or so. He is taking his car to the shop, not for repairs, but because he wants a safe place to leave it overnight.
VegasRacer
Joe and crew made it to Vegas. (Scott and Teri too)
We got the 914RS safely bedded down for the night.
VegasRacer
The yellow teener will be in good company.
VegasRacer
904 on the other side.
MJHanna
tagged for Waldo updates laugh.gif
VegasRacer
** last update ** It was a late night last night. (I would use the beer smiley, but we wore it out last night) It's time to round up the others and survey for damages. We plan to roll out of Vegas in a few hours. Scott and Rick have some minor issues with their cars that need to be addressed before we make the assault on California. See you all at the WCC. Look out. Here we come!
Howard
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Apr 21 2005, 08:35 AM)
** last update ** It was a late night last night. (I would use the beer smiley, but we wore it out last night) It's time to round up the others and survey for damages. We plan to roll out of Vegas in a few hours. Scott and Rick have some minor issues with their cars that need to be addressed before we make the assault on California. See you all at the WCC. Look out. Here we come!

biggrin.gif Noticed you posted the pix at 2:30am. YeHaa! Guess we won't go drinking tonight in Camarillo wacko.gif
Series9
Here are a few from my trip.

Scott's car going on the trailer at my house:
Series9
...standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona....
Series9
Crossing the Hoover Dam:
Series9
The boys out on the strip:
Eric Taylor
Man you guys suck biggrin.gif . I wish I was going to the WCC, I was day dreaming about the 914RS today while I was finishing a paper. So Pretty wub.gif .
Howard
Waldo and Company OK. Spoke to John This morning. Apparently the ladies didn't make it back to the room until 9:00 am biggrin.gif so they were all a bit late 'Leaving Las Vegas'.

They should be in Camarillo by 7, so if anyone wants to join me in welcoming them, swing by the Hampton.
Howard
Lots of contruction. ETA to 8:30pm
greg.treadway
I wish I could post some pics, but we're headed to the strip on LV tonight. It's been a long haul so far. I still haven't seen any 914s on the road!!
dakotaewing
Howard,
I guess Heather and I are the first ones at the hotel.. Got here about 4PM and haven't seen anyone...?
We are in room 222, please give us a call when you get here...
and I have a check for you... laugh.gif

Thom
dakotaewing
Ok,
Rick, Joe,John and the rest of the gang minus Scott and Teri made it in about 8:15 -
Everyone is safe and sound-
Check in with you guys tomorrow-

Thom
Series9
We all made it just fine. I had a great time driving through the desert with John, Rick and Scott.

I actually got goose-bumps at times as we were having fun in traffic. This is what it's all about.

The RS and the Alien in the same place:
Series9
Rick (check out the reflection):
Series9
John (check out the reflection) cool.gif :
Series9
After getting zero sleep last night, my lovely wife manages to sleep in the RS at 80mph:
Series9
At a rest stop on I-15 between Vegas and Barstow:
ThinAir
Ok, now you've done it. I was okay with missing WCC this year and was looking forward to next year in Portland, but with those pictures I'm now officially envious! I was supposed to be there!

O well... I love the shots from the side with the reflection. Those smiles tell all! biggrin.gif
AZ914
I'm with Ernie.. I'm jealous as hell.. The WCC is as close as it will get to me and I blew it....

Those are some great pictures!! smilie_pokal.gif You got me craving some more HP though sad.gif

RS.. hope your wife doesn't see that pic! She may kill you
ThinAir
So what's the plan for the return trip? I'm still up for a get-together in Flagstaff for those who are taking I-40 Eastbound. I'd love to see Scotts Subaru setup. If you want to stop, I can match your schedule so let me know.
ThinAir
I'm sure that everyone has been too busy with WCC events to see this again (since it is off page 1), but if anyone is headed home on I-40 and wants to stop, PM or email me, or post it here!
Gint
QUOTE (ErnieDV @ Apr 25 2005, 06:46 PM)
I'm sure that everyone has been too busy with WCC events to see this again (since it is off page 1), but if anyone is headed home on I-40 and wants to stop, PM or email me, or post it here!

agree.gif

Ditto that. If you're coming through Denver via I70/76/25 feel free to stop by. Cell number is 720-480-2540
Series9
QUOTE (ErnieDV @ Apr 25 2005, 12:02 AM)
So what's the plan for the return trip? I'm still up for a get-together in Flagstaff for those who are taking I-40 Eastbound. I'd love to see Scotts Subaru setup. If you want to stop, I can match your schedule so let me know.

Ernie,

We'll be staying in Flagstaff tonight. We're planning a day trip through Sedona and Prescott today (we're in Kingman).

I'll call you once we arrive.

Joe
Toast
QUOTE (914RS @ Apr 21 2005, 10:17 PM)
After getting zero sleep last night, my lovely wife manages to sleep in the RS at 80mph:

laugh.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif rolling.gif

I do that all the time as a pasanger. rolleyes.gif

You guys were a great bunch to party with. I really hope we get to do it again!
beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
I'm not gonna let this thread die until everyone gets back home.
Rich is trying to find a way around some bad weather.
Any word from Scott and Teri or what their plans are?
rick 918-S
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Apr 27 2005, 02:15 AM)
I'm not gonna let this thread die until everyone gets back home.
Rich is trying to find a way around some bad weather.
Any word from Scott and Teri or what their plans are?

I agree, I'm going to call Scott and Terry today. I tried them this morning but didn't connect. Their phone may be off or dead.
Series9
We're leaving Flagstaff in about an hour. We should get home this evening.

We took it easy yesterday driving from Kingman to Prescott to Sedona then to Flagstaff.
TravisNeff
Be safe driving back, sorry I couldn't make it up there last night. Colene's son busted up his knee pretty bad yesterday in baseball and got sidetracked in letting you know what was up. I had a great time hanging out with you and the NM group and need to do that again soon
ThinAir
Rick & the Alien left Flagstaff at about 5:30 p.m. MST. It was great to meet him finally!

Everything seems to be going well. The Alien is burning a little oil and getting about 14mpg, but seems sound.

I think Rick is going to try and make Albuquerque tonight. Joe O'Brien, be on the lookout for him!
Series9
We're home. The RS made it every mile and I'm pretty proud of that.

Rick will be here around 11, which is a very nice surprise.

Pics will follow...
JoeSharp
Good to hear you two made it home safely.
biggrin.gif Joe
shoguneagle
I am glad everyone made it home and enjoyed themselves at WCC 2005. Maybe next year my wife and I can attend in Portland???? There always the events in August and October of this year. It seems I may be in Indianna somewhere around the middle of October. Anyway, I am jealous, envious, etc of everyone who attended. Nice to get a glimpse of the different 914s'

I currently do not have any 914's, but a lot of parts for a 914-6 which I will start to build over the next two years. Had to downsize for the move to Flagstaff, AZ which will be completed sometime in the middle of the spring. Closing escrow in May but do not have any shop to build the project. Have to depend on Ernie D for guidance for needed services in Flagstaff.

Next year I can provide support via trailer, tools, place to stay, or whatever for the people coming from the Southland and going up to Portland.

Should have my garage setup for assembling but not the detailed work like welding, etc.

I want to be involved next year.

Again, thanks for letting me participate through reading of the thread(s).

Steve Hurt
Shoguneagle
rick 918-S
I'm At Joe's. My rebuilt water pump failed. The motor is ok. Joe and I are going to hunt for a pump tomorrow. It sux that it failed but it couldn't have happened in a better place.
Leo Imperial
The WCC lives on! Glad to see you made it in one peice. Word around town is you staged the breakdown. For the rest of us the party ended monday night. I would gladly trade being at work right now for a day in NM looking for a waterpump.

Hope all is well.

Leo beerchug.gif
ThinAir
So what ever happened to Scott & Terri? Did they just disappear? Are they being teleported to Maryland? Are they wandering around Southern California? huh.gif
rick 918-S
confused24.gif I haven't heard from Scott and Terri for a while. confused24.gif
CptTripps
They were going to spend a week in Texas before headed home. Suppossed to be home next week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.