Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group buy wiper assembly offset standoff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
If you've done a bare metal restoration, you may well be familiar with this part. probably 80% of all the cars out there have the factory original offset isolators. Most have deteriorated and cracked if not sheared.

Mine actually split in 2. These are a no brainier to replace if you are doing a complete restoration. The straight ones available at ace will not cut it here.

Shown in the instruction page of the maintenance manual is the only reference to the nut that holds the assembly in. ***The easy way to get at the nut is to remove the speedometer***

I will have these in about 2 weeks with some other items so you will be able to combine for shipping.
Mikey914
The cracked OEM is shown below
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif
Mikey914
I really thought there would be more interest for these. That's ok, I can go long on them, but it means the price after GB will be more.
sbsix
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 6 2014, 10:23 AM) *

I really thought there would be more interest for these. That's ok, I can go long on them, but it means the price after GB will be more.

Mark, I think you are ahead of the curve on this one because most of us haven't given this part a thought, ever. But now that you are thinking about producing a run I need to look at my car and probably get in line to buy a set.
Mikey914
I figured with the number of full restorations this was a good part to make.
sbsix
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 6 2014, 12:15 PM) *

What did socalandy do on his resto?
JmuRiz
Interesting, never even thought about that part.
Mike Bellis
I want some. smile.gif
JamesM
as always, put me down for 3 cars worth
bdstone914
Mike,

This is definitely a needed item as I have never seen a good one on all the parts cars I have seen. Many members are probably not aware of it. Is your going to be made better than the OE? It seems to be a weak design. The 911 wiper assemblies use a thick web like a muffler hanger.

Bruce

JFJ914
I need one.
Mikey914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 6 2014, 03:29 PM) *

Mike,

This is definitely a needed item as I have never seen a good one on all the parts cars I have seen. Many members are probably not aware of it. Is your going to be made better than the OE? It seems to be a weak design. The 911 wiper assemblies use a thick web like a muffler hanger.

Bruce

Mine is just like OE with new rubber. I figure it should be good for another 30 years+.
Mikey914
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 6 2014, 01:36 PM) *

Interesting, never even thought about that part.

Most people don't until they go to remove the part and it comes apart completely.
mrbubblehead
mark, put me down for 4.
cconcepcion
I need a pair asap…

Thanks, Cesar
X911IC
Mark, are there one or two per car? Count me in for whichever is needed. Neil
walterolin
I'll take two.
FL000
I'll take one. Mine broke when I removed it, and I did order a couple that looked compatible from McMaster...but would rather go with a sure thing.
Thanks
Eric_Shea
One per car.

I'll probably take a dozen.

MUCH needed part. Even if you're not doing a full resto. As mentioned by Bruce, almost "all" are cracked by now. This piece stabilizes the wiper assembly which will help ensure your bushings don't get wallowed out as the assembly oscillates on the wiper shafts.

Plus, how many people out there yanked all of the wires off the motor, nuts off the shafts then yanked on the assembly to get it out, only to find this piece split in two by the massacre?

I'll go out on a limb and say, if you own a 914, you probably need one of these by now.
McMark
I was just thinking about this part. I need 5 right away. I may just get 10.
Qarl
I'll take 2
Mikey914
Thanks guys, it helps, and you will like these.
eyesright
I need three.
DEC
I take 3 with my next order
CptTripps
1 car worth for me...
barefoot
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 6 2014, 03:15 PM) *

Mickey;
Put me down for one, Mine was in 2pieces, so it's just resting against the firewall now
mharmon
I'll take 3
Zimms
I am in for 1 car worth
charlesmac
Perfect timing! I need at least 2, maybe more, probably more. I still need to get the list together of all the other parts I need from you. Next week I'll be able to get a number of all I need. Thanks!!
Mikey914
These are done and will be posted up Monday, along with a few other new parts to save money on shipping they can be combined.
Sfreeman615
I'll take 2 please!
d914
in for two...
larryM
i will take a pair - good thing to have in the spares box
Mikey914
PM has been sent to all.

Thanks, Mark.
sbsix
Mark, I'm in for one, as well. Do you want paid now and can you ship with my sun visors when they are done?

Thanks

Gary
rgolia
count me in for one Mark. Sending you a PM regarding another part too.
bigkensteele
In for 1.
porbmw
Hi Mark

2 please.
Will get in touch re some other bits

Thanks

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.